New Kiosk @ DAK For Food Allergy Info

Great. And coming soon to a kiosk nearby: Gluten intolerance info kiosk. Vegan/vegetarian info kiosk. Picky eaters info kiosk. My 10 year old doesn't like the adult menu kiosk. And my all time favourite: the I'm too lazy to do any advance research when we have people with problems kiosk.

Sorry. But the idea of that just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. I'm sure they have a very good reason for doing it.

I went to WDW ith my sister who has life threatening, multiple allergies in Dec 2012. The chefs at TS and CS were very good but I was unable to find info on a lot of the snacks at the parks. She was happy to hear that some of the bakery items at POR were nut free. And, no, we were willing to do the research and we weren't just lazy about it,

Great. And coming soon to a kiosk nearby: Gluten intolerance info kiosk. Vegan/vegetarian info kiosk. Picky eaters info kiosk. My 10 year old doesn't like the adult menu kiosk. And my all time favourite: the I'm too lazy to do any advance research when we have people with problems kiosk.

Sorry. But the idea of that just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. I'm sure they have a very good reason for doing it.

I think it's great. I don't have food allergies, and I don't understand the mockery here.

As a person with serious food allergies I do not appreciate the sarcasm. Eating away from home is very scary and It is difficult to find safe food options. For a person like me this means that food allergies are taken as seriously as they need to be. This is very exciting for me! It's still difficult to find information about all food allergies before going.

As a person with serious food allergies I do not appreciate the sarcasm. Eating away from home is very scary and It is difficult to find safe food options. For a person like me this means that food allergies are taken as seriously as they need to be. This is very exciting for me! It's still difficult to find information about all food allergies before going.

Actually, we all understand how serious it is. But maybe you don't understand how readily available the info is. There's a phone number and plenty of Websites that have info on dining at Disney (at TS, QS and kiosks) with allergies.

Kind of rude. My husband has had celiac's since the 80s and we are Disney people. We go often...sometimes month after month AND even then things change. In June a place he has eaten problem free for years changed up their ingredients and he couldn't eat the items he had eaten there the month before. To be able to stop in one spot and get today's information is great. Wastes a lot of time for a lot of people when you have ask a lot of questions and then go to a different place because this place has nothing for you.

Liz

Yes, they do. You can do advance research but things change very quickly, and important things, leading to frustration both for guests and cast members.

Even if you do research beforehand, you're still going to ask for the ingredient book at Casey's, because in the meantime they could have changed suppliers. That's just how it is. So I ask you, do you want to be in line behind me as I take the few extra minutes to read the ingredients and figure out what I can/can't eat? or would you rather rush by me waiting in line at the special diets kiosk, mock my gimpy intestines, and get your hot dog a little faster?

This option pleases us both. The kiosk would have the most up to date information - computerized, hopefully, based on what chefs have ordered that week.

Eager to see how this works.

I think thats great there will be a kiosk with that helpful information especially with the large increase in food allergies now. My wife has a soy allergy which makes it difficult not knowing what a lot of places use to prepare their foods.
Minnie mum is not only disrespectful but obviously out of touch with those comments.

It's being put in place because of how Disney handles allergies. They are required to have leaders sign off on them and prepare them. So the allergic person's order takes quite a while just to place as the leader has to go over all the ingredients and nutritional lists and then take the order and then make the order and that's after they have to wait for a leader to be available. This kiosk is setup so that the allergic person can do all of that in the morning and then go about their day. It took a lot of effort and behind the scenes work to make this happen for guests so people aren't waiting forever just to place food orders and get meals.

I am not a lazy person, I know what I can and can not eat. Researching ahead of time helps but ingredients for sauces are not readily available. That is something the chef and I have to go over. I can not have lemon whatsoever and believe it or not 9 out of 10 times there is lemon in sauces. And I prefer to eat vegetarian while in Disney but once again even with the best research some things are not listed.

Wow. Just wow. :confused3

It's being put in place because of how Disney handles allergies. They are required to have leaders sign off on them and prepare them. So the allergic person's order takes quite a while just to place as the leader has to go over all the ingredients and nutritional lists and then take the order and then make the order and that's after they have to wait for a leader to be available. This kiosk is setup so that the allergic person can do all of that in the morning and then go about their day. It took a lot of effort and behind the scenes work to make this happen for guests so people aren't waiting forever just to place food orders and get meals.

Great info!:)

Disney is always so innovative!:)

I think it's a good idea and I also think that unless you've got a food allergy, like myself, you shouldn't judge this kiosk.

I agree that it can be difficult to plan ahead. When you get in touch with disney ahead of time they always have a disclaimer that says ingredients can change at any time. With this being said I want to check again in the park.

This is a good idea. I hope they make the effort to keep the information up to the minute.
I wonder why the AK was the first place for it. I assume if it goes well, they will expand to the other parks. Hopefully someone with food allergies can report back after using it. :goodvibes

Gluten free beer? :scared:

Otherwise this seems like a good idea. Maybe they also figure that it might require less chefs to come out to talk to people too.

This is really cool.

And...

if they can/will link this kind I'd allergy info to Magic Bands that would seriously rock.

Really disappointing and unwarranted sarcasm. My son has life threatening nut allergies, this is nothing to joke about. And absolutely, yes, we always do find of research in advance.

if they can/will link this kind I'd allergy info to Magic Bands that would seriously rock.

Yeah! That would be cool!

Able to specify allergies ahead of time, and basically all the CS person would need to ask is if you need to add anything to your list. So maybe I could have "gluten free" tagged on my magic band, when I place my order the ticket automatically adds "gluten free" for the kitchen.

OR ... you can pre-order your food for the day and just waltz on it, a la Be Our Guest, with the allergy information already handled.

They could also track which GF items people purchase and don't, and would probably have a much better time figuring out how much to order, which brands are preferred... heck they could send you a survey after your trip about everything you ate.

I am starting to warm up to Magic+ stuff. Parts of it anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter