New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
It was a chilly 55 this morning in Cape May, so I imagine it was much colder up in Sussex county!

We intend to drive to WDW for our early December trip, and I was able to book HHI for two nights on the way down. We missed our usual HHI trip this year, so we are thrilled. HHI seafood is a little different then in Cape May, maybe Gullah influence (?) and I can’t wait to taste some again!!

Any other good news around?

I returned 10 days ago, we work from home so have been quarantining, although in NJ it isn’t mandatory, just suggested so I don’t really know what I would do If I didn’t work from home.
Well I work for a school district (accountant not teacher) we’ve been back in the office as of sept 1st and as explained to me. If I leave they state and go to any place listed on the quarantine list I must quarantine from work on my return. Using vacation and or personal time NO SiCK days. So I would essentially not be paid for my quarantine. Completely ridiculous but since we are back in office I have to be in office.

Ok
Yes, we met a couple of families while camping a couple weeks ago who were from South and West Jersey who were told only home school is available. Should have definitely been given a choice.
the schools that haven’t offered a choice is because they didn’t pass the requirements. Such as the hvac system or any other of the check list required. In my district we were all set for in person on a hybrid schedule yet then many teachers retired or resigned. The district had to pull the plug on in person and go all virtual until they hire enough teachers. Which that in itself takes forever bc all the requirements.

the schools that haven’t offered a choice is because they didn’t pass the requirements. Such as the hvac system or any other of the check list required. In my district we were all set for in person on a hybrid schedule yet then many teachers retired or resigned. The district had to pull the plug on in person and go all virtual until they hire enough teachers. Which that in itself takes forever bc all the requirements.

I did hear that. The one family, though, mentioned something about their teachers refusing to go back and didn’t have enough willing to go forward to open. Whether or not that’s true, I don’t know.

All I can do is smile, and put on another sweatshirt! The transition was especially fast this year, I think.

I hope we feel safe enough to head to FL for our December visit. We stay home or shop for mostly essentials. Rides to see the bay are a happy diversion. We walk Gus. We keep in touch with friends on phone or internet. No parties for us.

We do have tickets for a picnic and outing to see the sunflowers at Holland Ridge Farm in Cream Ridge. We will be total of 5 family/friends and we will stay apart. Three of us did the Safari at Great Adventure, and the other two are our better halves, Garry and Tom.

All I can do is smile, and put on another sweatshirt! The transition was especially fast this year, I think.

I hope we feel safe enough to head to FL for our December visit. We stay home or shop for mostly essentials. Rides to see the bay are a happy diversion. We walk Gus. We keep in touch with friends on phone or internet. No parties for us.

We do have tickets for a picnic and outing to see the sunflowers at Holland Ridge Farm in Cream Ridge. We will be total of 5 family/friends and we will stay apart. Three of us did the Safari at Great Adventure, and the other two are our better halves, Garry and Tom.

Sounds great!!! I hope we get to go in November, as well! I would have no issue with the quarantine and my kids can homeschool for the two weeks if necessary, but DH would have a problem. I guess I could always leave him home.... 😂

Morning coffee is my favorite beverage!

DH is doing census work, in an office, not on the street going door to door. He should be finished in October sometimes, so he does not have to be concerned about self quarantine, and work.

There‘s no operation Fireside with Coast Guard recruits, on Thanksgiving or Christmas, that would have cut the trip shorter so we could quarantine before they came. So, our December trip is a go. From previous years we learned that more recruits leave the service on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day than any other time of the year. So, it’s going to be a tough holiday time for those in training. The Red Cross is trying to figure out a way to do something.

Good morning NJ, glad to see you are all well. :flower1:

Yes it appears that fall has arrived and I LOVE it! I love the cooler weather but it did come on very fast this year. It has been just beautiful outside the last several days. Of course it's going to be a little warmer over the next couple of days for those who prefer the warmer weather.

I hope all that have trips planned get to keep those plans. We aren't going until end of January and so far we are a go on that. I hope it stays that way. It seems that the upticks with the virus is in the 18-24 year old category, I guess back to school (college) could be to blame. I remember being that age and I know I would have been going crazy by now if I couldn't see my friends. How life changes when we get older and dare I say wiser?:thumbsup2

I hope everyone has a great day. Stay safe and healthy.

Good morning NJ, glad to see you are all well. :flower1:

Yes it appears that fall has arrived and I LOVE it! I love the cooler weather but it did come on very fast this year. It has been just beautiful outside the last several days. Of course it's going to be a little warmer over the next couple of days for those who prefer the warmer weather.
I hope all that have trips planned get to keep those plans. We aren't going until end of January and so far we are a go on that. I hope it stays that way. It seems that the upticks with the virus is in the 18-24 year old category, I guess back to school (college) could be to blame. I remember being that age and I know I would have been going crazy by now if I couldn't see my friends. How life changes when we get older and dare I say wiser?:thumbsup2

I hope everyone has a great day. Stay safe and healthy.
We have a last week in January trip planned as well!

I agree with everyone about the cooler weather, sweatshirts and that it seems to have gotten here quicker this year. Could this be a sign of the type of winter we are going to have. Always remember how there was a heat wave just when kids went back to school.

Will be heading for WDW on Sunday morning. Doing some things different. Changed from United to JetBlue because we felt JetBlue did a better job of social distancing and the better flight times. Will do carry on instead of checking bags so we have control of who touches our bags. And since both of us are retired, quarantining well not be a problem. Going grocery shopping on Friday to stock up.

Actually looking forward to this trip although it does look like crowds are picking up. Some of the wait times yesterday were getting up there.

I agree with everyone about the cooler weather, sweatshirts and that it seems to have gotten here quicker this year. Could this be a sign of the type of winter we are going to have. Always remember how there was a heat wave just when kids went back to school.

Will be heading for WDW on Sunday morning. Doing some things different. Changed from United to JetBlue because we felt JetBlue did a better job of social distancing and the better flight times. Will do carry on instead of checking bags so we have control of who touches our bags. And since both of us are retired, quarantining well not be a problem. Going grocery shopping on Friday to stock up.

Actually looking forward to this trip although it does look like crowds are picking up. Some of the wait times yesterday were getting up there.
Have a GREAT trip! Can't attest to wait times in the parks, haven't been, but early evening yesterday was SO NICE at Disney Springs...Was dying for Blaze Pizza, Sooooo delic and quick! Gotta love the DVC discount also..For Disney Springs standards, pizza is relatively expensive..love that you can customize the pizza with has many toppings as you like..we also had a greek salad with vinagrette dressing which was also good..We ate outside on their patio, sun was just beginning to go down, great social distancing waiting on a short line ordering our pizzas..Not crowded at all, great to walk around, beautiful breeze, no humidity, weather here is changing, much less humidity, but still some nice sunny days..think we are "over the hump" of the extremely hot days, next couple of months through April are delightful! :thumbsup2 :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!