New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
If the crowds keep up, that's a great idea and one town actually tried to do exactly that, but of course Trenton put a quick stop to it...

https://www.nj.com/union/2020/03/nj...ast-names-then-the-state-ag-got-involved.html

I’ve been telling my wife that the stores just need to put a limit on how many of each item you can buy and that would solve the supply problem for the most part. She was thankfully finally able to get a pack of TP (one ply >:() ‘cause we were down to our last two rolls.:oops:

By Chris Franklin | For NJ.com
Cape May County Freeholder Director Gerald Thornton wants visitors from outside of the county to stay away for at least two weeks.
People from outside of Cape May County have been traveling to their Shore homes, Thornton told NJ Advance Media Tuesday. Some have come from areas where patients have been diagnosed with coronavirus.

The Freeholder Director said the additional people in the county had impacted the number of supplies at supermarkets and the number of people calling to have the water turned on in their second homes.
If the visitors were to bring coronavirus to Cape May County, Thronton said he doesn’t want to place a strain on the medical system. The county only has one hospital, Cape Regional Medical Center. With one facility, Thornton said he is concerned for the senior citizen community who he says makes up 25% of the county’s population.
“Suddenly we are seeing these large numbers coming here that we plan for an our summer season,” Thronton stated. "At this point in time, our county health department is really concerned about what’s happening.”
Cape May is one of the six remaining counties in the state that has not reported a case of coronavirus. Thornton said that there are 11 people in the county who are being tested for the virus, but he has not received any news that the test have come back positive.

This is interesting to me. My DH and I have a reservation at The Virginia on Sunday 4/5 through 4/7/20. After I heard about the restaurants being closed for dining in I called to see about cancelling my reservation. I was told that I could cancel but I would only get a credit that would have to be used within the year. I asked her how I was supposed to get dinner if all the restaurants were closed (at that point I didn't realize they could do takeout). I asked her if they had a kitchen we could use to cook our own dinner, of course they don't which I knew would be the answer but I was trying to make a point. The young lady I was talking with said they were going to be open for the dates I was booked. I choose not to take the credit at this point, I will wait and see what happens. Later that day I checked their website and it now shows that they will be closed (hotel & restaurant) until 4/1/20. So I guess my best course of action at this point is to check back after 4/1/20 to find out if they are open or not. If they are not open I feel I should get a full refund not a credit. Wish me luck. :wizard:

It looks like all schools in KS and possible CA are closed for the rest of the school year. Wow, can you believe it?

We had a cabin rented from Dollywood cabins for three nights. We were leaving Easter morning. This was just booked 10 days ago. When we cancelled yesterday, we were prepared to lose, $150 dollars, the non refundable part of out $700 deposit, but we got it all back.

I just canceled our extended Easter weekend trip to Washington this morning! My kids are so bummed. We were signed up for a White House tour and they wanted to see it SO bad!!! We’ll try again at a later date.

I just canceled our extended Easter weekend trip to Washington this morning! My kids are so bummed. We were signed up for a White House tour and they wanted to see it SO bad!!! We’ll try again at a later date.
That’s a loss. I hope you/they get another chance.

If the crowds keep up, that's a great idea and one town actually tried to do exactly that, but of course Trenton put a quick stop to it...

https://www.nj.com/union/2020/03/nj...ast-names-then-the-state-ag-got-involved.html
I hadn't realized Union wanted to try it. Too bad they weren't able to move forward with it -- could have been a mini pilot to see how it works and maybe would have been implemented more broadly. Clearly people far smarter than me are making the decisions!!

We had a cabin rented from Dollywood cabins for three nights. We were leaving Easter morning. This was just booked 10 days ago. When we cancelled yesterday, we were prepared to lose, $150 dollars, the non refundable part of out $700 deposit, but we got it all back.

I'm sorry you had to cancel your plans but I'm glad that you were able to get a full refund. My experience with The Virginia in Cape May at this moment isn't favorable. By only offering to give a credit good for one year doesn't create goodwill in my mind towards this establishment.

I'm sorry you had to cancel and I hope you have another opportunity to go to DC with your children and visit the White House. When my children were younger we were lucky enough to get to do this. Visiting DC and the White House was a very memorable experience for all of us.

I'm sorry you had to cancel and I hope you have another opportunity to go to DC with your children and visit the White House. When my children were younger we were lucky enough to get to do this. Visiting DC and the White House was a very memorable experience for all of us.

Thank you! I’m sure we’ll get back there sooner than later!!

I’ve been telling my wife that the stores just need to put a limit on how many of each item you can buy and that would solve the supply problem for the most part. She was thankfully finally able to get a pack of TP (one ply >:() ‘cause we were down to our last two rolls.:oops:
Last Monday when all you heard about was toilet paper shortage I brought a pack online the only brand Home Depot would actually deliver as opposed to me going in. I was annoyed I paid $9 for shipping but now I’m glad I bought that. We also were done to last 3 rolls. Now even diapers aren’t available online and amazon has them for double the cost. I wish people would listen to the horror stories coming out of Italy and just stay home.

Thanks this gave me a chuckle. ;) 🤞 :wizard:

We are both retired, I know that makes a big difference. I used to not be retired so I know that now I have the advantage of shopping when it's not busy. That being said we buy TP and paper towels in bulk and at good prices so TP and paper towels are not an issue in my house. Thank you Lord! Glad for small blessings! Also glad I don't need diapers anymore and I only have one grandchild that still need diapers. Thank you God for small blessings! I hope you all stay well.

We unfortunately cancelled our Easter break trip. We were supposed to be staying at BLT for 9 nights from April 7th-16th. We cancelled on Monday because of all the unknowns and doubts that it 'll open back up anyway by then. So disappointed but we 'll see how things go and when we can reschedule again. Sorry to everyone that had any upcoming plans they had to cancel whether Disney or someplace else.:sad:

We unfortunately cancelled our Easter break trip. We were supposed to be staying at BLT for 9 nights from April 7th-16th. We cancelled on Monday because of all the unknowns and doubts that it 'll open back up anyway by then. So disappointed but we 'll see how things go and when we can reschedule again. Sorry to everyone that had any upcoming plans they had to cancel whether Disney or someplace else.:sad:

Im holding out for Apr 13-18 still, only because I have three ticketed events already paid for. I’m waiting for Disney to cancel on me so they have to refund those tickets. I’m under no delusion that they’ll open by then so right now I’m looking at eating my airline tickets and 128 unbankable points that expire on May 31. I’ll have to get them into RCI by 4/15.🙁

facebook twitter