New Items 5-04

Status
Not open for further replies.
and she is totally not mine, I am partly shocked while reading her post ..

Wow you got enough stuff for girls you just care about getting more stuff and not care about boys finally getting a hat to themselves.

The reason the girls don't get the hat with the bird is because it also comes with bird poo on it, and we know how you girls are squimish about that kind of stuff. :rotfl2:

Funny you should mention that. As I was in Emporium buying my bandanna,
a boy in parrot hat came up to me and said .. my bird do do on you!
First I was confused :confused3
...then I had a little chuckle :rotfl:
..then I was irritated ...childish boys! :rolleyes1

Wow you got enough stuff to girls you just care about getting more stuff and not care about boys finally getting a hat to themselves. You only care about yourself you should be shocked about yourself.

THINK A BIT FURTHER AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHY I SAID MY SENTENCE ... AND RESPECT PEOPLE THAT ARE OLDER OF YOU

THINK A BIT FURTHER AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHY I SAID MY SENTENCE ... AND RESPECT PEOPLE THAT ARE OLDER OF YOU

Just because your older then me doesn't mean I am not entitled to my opinion! And your immature if your using caps.

Can it be traded to a girl?!? Anyone tried?

I find it interesting that the hat can't be traded to girls, because I know
I've seen baby let LisaWDW wear his hat. I guess he can no longer do so.

What if she was last to have it? And she was wearing it would it be stuck on her head?

Just because your older then me doesn't mean I am not entitled to my opinion! And your immature if your using caps.

I used caps because I was playing TOP and forget to change the caps ...
also there is a difference between being entitled into an opinion and saying to someone "You only care about yourself you should be shocked about yourself."

I was thinking of the same but I dont know the situation of Baby's hat so I did not speak of it .. In that case that would still make the hat special -_-

OMG! I was so excited when I seen the pic of the hat come up! I just about squealed in exceitement! It's adorable!

Then I read it was boys only. :sad2:

While I do think that boys should be getting more boys only costumes, I don't believe that this should be it. I don't see this hat as looking more like it should be for boys only. The boys crown is very much a male looking item. The tiara is very much a female looking item.

If they want to please the boys and have male only costumes, where the heck are the princes? And personally, I think the Jafar hat could have been a boys only hat. Women, historically, do not wear those same types of turbans. It's very male looking. But they chose to make it unisex (omnisex for Goofy). The same goes with the princess hat. It is called Princess Hat. It is very feminine looking. And yet the boys can and do wear it.

Now that I have also seen the bandana, I don't think it's overtly female looking. Both hats could easily be made unisex.

OMG! I was so excited when I seen the pic of the hat come up! I just about squealed in exceitement! It's adorable!

Then I read it was boys only. :sad2:

While I do think that boys should be getting more boys only costumes, I don't believe that this should be it. I don't see this hat as looking more like it should be for boys only. The boys crown is very much a male looking item. The tiara is very much a female looking item.

If they want to please the boys and have male only costumes, where the heck are the princes? And personally, I think the Jafar hat could have been a boys only hat. Women, historically, do not wear those same types of turbans. It's very male looking. But they chose to make it unisex (omnisex for Goofy). The same goes with the princess hat. It is called Princess Hat. It is very feminine looking. And yet the boys can and do wear it.

Now that I have also seen the bandana, I don't think it's overtly female looking. Both hats could easily be made unisex.

The jafar hat is ugly tho xD

since no one has posted the girls hat here it is
newpiratehat.jpg

it is should for 1000 credits

Personally, I think this is yet another of VMK's pointless decisions that does nothing more than tick a bunch of people off and upset folks. There is NO reason the hat and the bandana should not be available to both boys and girls. To make up for the princess dresses, make 3 different prince outfits for the boys. If I'm not mistaken, that would make it even in terms of gender-specific clothing when you take into account the king's crown vs. the tiara. Actually, the boys already have one more hat than we do-- the blue baseball hat. Make it even with prince costumes, and then stop the madness of deliberately choosing one thing to be okay for one gender but not another. Release a dress, release a corresponding boy's suit or some such thing. Choosing what type of pirate outfit is or isn't right for girls or boys is plain silly.

The gender issue in VMK gets my goat, it really does. :sad2:

and she is totally not mine, I am partly shocked while reading her post ..

Why are you shocked at reading my post? What did I say that was shocking? :confused3 I really don't understand all the complaining in this thread, that's all.

Let's try to keep this a civil conversation and on topic. Remember that personal attacks can lead to warnings here on the DIS, and I'd hate to see any of us banned from stating our opinions. Remember the #1 rule to any relationship is to fight fair!

The problem being discussed is that VMK chose one of THE most anticipated hats ever seen in game to be gender-specific. Some have strong feelings about this, others do not. Respect each other, regardless of age, and we will all be the wiser for it!

Oh, and my opinion on the matter? Huh? What are you thinking, VMK?

On the same token, please try to be more patient with those who are younger than you. ;)

My formal stance is: If I want a boys-only costume piece, my boy mule will buy it and wear it. I don't have a problem with VMK giving boys-only costumes since girls have had more girls-only costumes.

But, if I wanted to point out a serious flaw in the VMK logic, I'd point out that since girls were able to complete the in-game quest for the same hat without the parrot, why should the same hat with the parrot be a boys-only item?

I don't know if girls can win the "old" hat from the Gold treasure room prize,
since Bug plays as a boy. ;) But it should prove interesting to find out!

The jafar hat is ugly tho xD

I think the Cheerleader outfit is ugly.
Does that make things fair?

Frankly, I do think that boys should have things that the girls don't. I'm glad that VMK is taking this into consideration.

I just don't think that this was the hat to do it with. A hat just like a hat that girls can already wear. A hat that is exactly like a magic that girls can use. It seems really very pontless to me. A kings crown, sure. A prince outfit, sure. A Mr. Smee costume, sure. But a hat that pirate guys AND girls alike wear (especially in the movie)? :sad2:

I don't want to seem ungrateful, because I am thoroughly ECSTATIC with this bandana! I LOVE IT! It's just a bit disappointing to see a VMK dream of many players go down the tubes because "the boys don't have as many unisex clothes as girls do."

well I also sent a letter the VMK hope it helps.......

(singing) One of these is not like the other. Can you spot the difference?

piratehat.jpg

Seems while we were busy looting the pirate seas this morning, my parrot flew away simply because I am a girl. You can even see the pocket in my hat where he used to sit. If you see my "bird he," please send him home. Girls like parrots too. Hmmm, maybe I should look in my palm trees. Maybe that's where he flew off to.....

Really VMK. Gender specific items are fine, but to do it with one of THE most aniticipated items in the game's history? At least put a parrot in our bandana... how about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter