New free dining offer yeaaah

I'm just going to try to be positive. I fully expect something to come out and it will probably look like that offer. The black out dates seem about right too. It might not be on 8/3, but it will be soon I think.

I can't get anything for people in September, but there's a lot of availability in Oct - Dec. Disney needs to fill those rooms.

Good luck everyone.

Yeah, I HOPE OP is correct because it would help me, HOWEVER, not getting too excited yet...how does he know? If he worked at Disney he would not be allowed to to tell that, right? And aren't most deals released on Mondays?

Fingers are crossed and it gives me hope, but not doing the happy dance until I see it on the WDW website.

There seemed to be a pattern with a lot of Tuesday releases, but lately it's been all over the place. I wouldn't be surprised by anything at this point.

We've had the free QS dining twice (once at Music and once at POFQ) and free regular table service once (POFQ). We prefer the QS. If this new discount is accurate and we stay at POFQ, we'll have to have the regular table service. If we use up all of our QS credits on this plan, can we then use regular table service credits and eat at QS establishments, or are we required to use those only at table service restaurants? I think I know the answer but could someone confirm please. Thanks a bunch!

Donna

The CM said Disney won't be giving out public codes anymore because of the economy. Only a very few will get any discounts.

It is precisely BECAUSE of the economy that Disney will have no choice but to offer a general public discount.

You can get it, but you would have to pay rack rate for the room, buy at last two day park tickets for everyone in the room, and if it's like the current free dining offer, you'd also have to buy a $99.00 Memory book.

Be sure to run your numbers. Free dining isn't always the best deal. As a solo AP holder staying in a moderate using the TiW card is a much better deal than free dining, especially since I'm using a 35% off bounceback deal for my room Nov 26th-Dec 4th. I'm also going to be there Sept 10-18th during the free dining period, but will again being using a 35% off bounceback deal that easily beat free dining.

I am already paying rack price for the room and paying for the dining and have the tickets applied too. I am staying in Wilderness Lodge and staying for 10 nights so every little bit would help, lol.

I am using Dreams Unlimited and will email my planner with this information.

Thanks so much everyone.

I have a really hard time believing that Disney would go cold turkey on discounts like that. I know they're trying to push the idea that the economy has recovered enough to bear the increases, but most of us in the real world know that's not the case. I see them basically continuing along as they can with increased rack rates, but the same old discounts as always.

please say it ain't so. I'm going nov 7-nov 14 POFQ. Already had free QSDP but this would have been much better. Can't move dates- darn airline change fees. Oh well.:sad2:

I have a really hard time believing that Disney would go cold turkey on discounts like that. I know they're trying to push the idea that the economy has recovered enough to bear the increases, but most of us in the real world know that's not the case. I see them basically continuing along as they can with increased rack rates, but the same old discounts as always.

I agree. I think that they'll have to do something. They can talk all they want (and the CMs I talk to are very mum on the subject of discounts now) but the truth is, they'll have to offer something.

I'm hoping, too. I'll be in Charlotte, NC on Wednesday for a convention, sitting in my hotel room on hold with Disney...:goodvibes We arrive December 16, so I hope we'll be covered for our whole trip...We don't have any discount at this point, so free dining would be wonderful!!!

Again, this remains to be seen, but I have seen this very same offer discussed on reputable places other than the DIS. I tend to think it is valid one.

FD would have saved us aprox. $150 over the 20% room discount we are now booked with but unfortunately our dates are blacked out. I will live , just slightly disappointed :sad2:

We are booked from Oct 22-29. One of this discount periods is from Oct 23 - Nov 5. Does this mean that we will get the FD for 6 out of the 7 days, and we would pay for the dining for Oct 22 since it's not covered in the discount period - or does this mean we don't qualify at all since we check-in before the discount starts???

You'd have to do 2 seperate reservations. That's what we're doing. The FD starts 10/2 so our package w/ the FD will be 10/2-10/12. But we will have a room only reservation for 10/1.

Yeah, it's an interesting post to determine if it is true or not. It is fairly specific for a "fake" post, and info makes sense. The dates make a lot of sense to me, dates that someone would've had to put some thought into to fake.

OP, can you give us a small hint as to where/how you got this information? (Perhaps a TA.)

:cloud9::cloud9: ME TOO!!!!:dance3::dance3::banana::cloud9::dance3::woohoo::dance3::woohoo::cloud9::banana::cool1:
Finally going to get the resort I wanted and now I can surprise my family. So when we walk up to ME we won't be heading into the POP line!!!! :dance3:

Where are you going to stay? I want to stay somewhere new but have to wait to see if we can swing it.

Yeah, it's an interesting post to determine if it is true or not. It is fairly specific for a "fake" post, and info makes sense. The dates make a lot of sense to me, dates that someone would've had to put some thought into to fake.

OP, can you give us a small hint as to where/how you got this information? (Perhaps a TA.)
The blackout dates exactly match the ones I got from a room-only pin back in February before we knew we were going. I hope it's true anyway!

:goodvibes my ta told me the date for the new promo was 8/13 and that she could not tell what it was or she could get fired, but maybe the visa card customers will be able to book on 8/3 and the general public will be 8/13 or the monday following. I am really hoping that it comes out the 8/3rd because the 8/13th i will be at watkins glen race way at the track and not near a computer or "quiet" phone (those race cars are really loud). Really need free dining.... for a trip for my son and I for holloween:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter