New free dining offer yeaaah

IF... these dates and offer are acurate it will cover the dates of the trip we are planning in early Oct. My question is should I go ahead and book my trip and then call on the 3rd to try and apply the code or do I need to wait until the 3rd? Any advise would be appreciated.

You can book now but it won't make a difference in terms of the discount. They will apply it to your reservation if the room you have booked is available with the discount.

Having a room already booked doesn't change that. You will still have to call and hope that your room is still eligible when you do.

Good luck!

I'm 10/22 - 10/29. So I can do a room only for 10/22 and do a package for 10/23 - 10/29? Do you think they will leave me in the same room or I'll need to switch rooms?

And now I'm depressed. How unlucky that we chose the 3rd week of October. I thought for sure that by now they would have UN blacked out my week. Ugh. I'm just sick. We have a party if 6, so free dining would have been fantastic. Boy I
sure wish we couldchange our dates.

:(. Deb

Same here. I am actually having a panic attack right now. I feel like I've let my family down. I know I shouldn't and that we're still going on vacation, but I am absolutely sick.

I have booked a room at Buena Vista Suites with a Mousesavers discount (go, Mousavers! go, Mousesavers!....sorry....I need a little joy this morning). It's at an awesome rate...basically $76 a night rather than the $216.38 per night that I would have paid at POR. I think my hubby is totally devastated....he was really hoping to stay at POR. And I was, too, but it's just not economically responsible for me to pay rack rate and get nothing byt EMHs for it. And I was only planning on using the EMH, at most, 3 days during our trip and it probably would have been more like 2.

Now, hubby is saying we can maybe go to Universal. I think I might do that....and cut a day off my Disney tickets. I'm probably going to go back to staying off site. It worked perfect before and it will be fine now.

Am I understanding this correctly? If I check in on Nov 5th I can get Free Dining for a stay from 11/5 - 11/13 even though Nov 5 is the only day in the range of stays that FD is available?

Figment don't lose hope until the actual offer comes out. Any idea why they would black that out?

Question, I have a package booked (as stated above 10/22 - 10/29) if I change the first day to room only and the rest to FD package, what happens to my insurance? Do I get to apply it to this new reservation or do I lose it and have to pat it over for the new booking?

I just called Disney and was informed that this Free Dining plan is not offered and that the codes given by the OP are from 2007. We are currently booked at Dolphin but was willing to change to Moderate if free DP was offered during our dates which are 10/4-10/8. According to Disney not offered during our dates.

Am I understanding this correctly? If I check in on Nov 5th I can get Free Dining for a stay from 11/5 - 11/13 even though Nov 5 is the only day in the range of stays that FD is available?

yes...as long as free dining is available on your check in day, it would be good for your entire stay up to 14 days.

My friends this is tottaly true, you can do the happy dance :cool1: NOW.
To the op that make a question about the photobook, nope not photobook purchase will be needed. only at least 3 days rack rate and the park tickets and you will get QSDP at Values and DDP at moderates, de luxe and villas, you can upgrade your QSDP for 13 a day per adult, no cost for childs.
I imagine before post the information that some dissers will ask about the veracity of this new, and I can assure that this is true, only wait a couple of days and you will return to this post and say yes Danny25 was correct :goodvibes. Have a Magical weekend :wizard:

I'm happy to hear no photobook purchase is needed. Is it still a 2 day ticket that's needed, or did that change?

Ok I'm a newbie so forgive me...
I made reservations for Disney
Oct 1 - 7
Can I use this promo code?
I called & she said I had to call me travel agent (I booked through AAA)
Do I have to wait til next week.
Sorry I'm a little confused...:confused3
Thanks so much all you wonderful Diser's:worship:

I think there used to be a way to get your park tickets a day early. Someone on here explained it to me before we did our room-only/free dining in 2006. It was complicated though so we just made it our downtown disney day.

Thank you for your responses.

I hope there is a way to get the park tickets a day early. Our flights are booked and we arrive in Orlando at 10 am on Oct.22 so we had planned to spend a good part of the day at the parks. If we don't do the parks on Saturday, it will have an impact on other days during the week (we were planning on going to Wishes that night - since they are not as many shows due to MNSSHP).

The discount would have been nice, but I don't think we want to spend our first day at the resort.

Yes, you should be able to pick the tickets up to 3 days early.

There is a sticky on the theme parks attractions and strategies board that explains everything you need to know about tickets. I have included the link regarding the early pick up of tickets associated with a package. It is discussed in Section I.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25022943&postcount=15

Hope this is helpful! Good luck...

So I'm a but surprised that we still haven't seen this rumor repeated in any of the usual sources... Right now, I'd still say this rumor is credible. But if it is true, I'd expect to see the various Disney blogs repeating similar information shortly.

So I'm a but surprised that we still haven't seen this rumor repeated in any of the usual sources... Right now, I'd still say this rumor is credible. But if it is true, I'd expect to see the various Disney blogs repeating similar information shortly.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Not sure of what I want to do. I am currently booked for the first week of december, solo trip. I was thinking of moving it closer to the week before Thanksgiving. Given the fact that it will only be me I wouldn't use the dining plan just for myself- too much food. I would still like a room discount at that time. Anything is possible though.

our dates are blacked out. Does that mea they plan on bigger crowds for that week. I thought for sure our dates Oc 18 - 25 would be perfect for a discount. Oh well. we are still going.

These are my dates too. I am currently booked with the free park hopper and waterpark pin. I am a little disappointed with the blackout dates too.

I have my dining, airfare, and other reservations made and so far "Touring Plans" have indicated really low crowd levels for this week. :thumbsup2

Same here. I am actually having a panic attack right now. I feel like I've let my family down. I know I shouldn't and that we're still going on vacation, but I am absolutely sick.

I have booked a room at Buena Vista Suites with a Mousesavers discount (go, Mousavers! go, Mousesavers!....sorry....I need a little joy this morning). It's at an awesome rate...basically $76 a night rather than the $216.38 per night that I would have paid at POR. I think my hubby is totally devastated....he was really hoping to stay at POR. And I was, too, but it's just not economically responsible for me to pay rack rate and get nothing byt EMHs for it. And I was only planning on using the EMH, at most, 3 days during our trip and it probably would have been more like 2.

Now, hubby is saying we can maybe go to Universal. I think I might do that....and cut a day off my Disney tickets. I'm probably going to go back to staying off site. It worked perfect before and it will be fine now.

I know what you mean. I always intended to stay off, then just in the last two week, seriously thought about staying on. FD for us would have been a definite on, and I'm a little disappointed. But, I can't spend another $400 for less space, and we aren't doing EMH at all. *sigh*

My positive take on it - my week should still be light on traffic, since everyone will be waiting for FD the day we leave!:rotfl:

Yes, you should be able to pick the tickets up to 3 days early.

There is a sticky on the theme parks attractions and strategies board that explains everything you need to know about tickets. I have included the link regarding the early pick up of tickets associated with a package. It is discussed in Section I.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25022943&postcount=15

Hope this is helpful! Good luck...

OK, well if I can do this....maybe Disney still has my business. Maybe. BUt I'm already re-working what days I'm going to be in which parks (because I wouldn't stay on site 10/20-10/22).

It's going to be a wait and see. It does make me feel better than a PP called Disney and these codes are from 2007. It makes me breathe a little easier today.

I know what you mean. I always intended to stay off, then just in the last two week, seriously thought about staying on. FD for us would have been a definite on, and I'm a little disappointed. But, I can't spend another $400 for less space, and we aren't doing EMH at all. *sigh*

My positive take on it - my week should still be light on traffic, since everyone will be waiting for FD the day we leave!:rotfl:

That's what I'm thinking, too!! And if hubby has his way and we spend a day or two at Universal.....we won't have to deal with the lines of the people coming for FD the week of 1/23!

I just called Disney and was informed that this Free Dining plan is not offered and that the codes given by the OP are from 2007. We are currently booked at Dolphin but was willing to change to Moderate if free DP was offered during our dates which are 10/4-10/8. According to Disney not offered during our dates.

I don't think the CM's on the phone know. They might be using an old code. But the dates are spot on for the 2011 calendar. And I might be wrong, but in 07, I don't think they did the values as quick service.

I think even if the OP's codes and dates are wrong, as far as release goes, we're still going to see fall discounts of some sort. And of course calling before the 3rd won't work - the CMs wouldn't tell you even if the code was valid. Now if you call on the 3rd and they haven't heard of it or don't have a discount then you can feel free to string the OP up by their toes ;)

These are my dates too. I am currently booked with the free park hopper and waterpark pin. I am a little disappointed with the blackout dates too.

I have my dining, airfare, and other reservations made and so far "Touring Plans" have indicated really low crowd levels for this week. :thumbsup2

You're one up on me though. You got those great southwest fares! :wave:

In 2007 the values were for sit down dining. I'm really hoping this guy isn't toying with everyone's emotions here. I'm waiting for free dining, but nowhere else has this same rumor or information. Want to be happy by the information but I'm just not completely convinced this is on the up-and-up. Will I be happy to eat crow on Wednesday if the info is true....you betcha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter