New for '10! Disney World Ticket Discounts for Military Personnel

Oh wow!! I apologize!! That wasn't the rule the last time around--sorry I gave misinfo and thanks for letting me know :)

Actually you can "piggy back". This is from page 5 of this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK

We are eligible to purchase 6 tix. We are a family of 3, but would like to stay 8 days. Can we purchase 6 tix on post and then when we arrive at WDW activate 3 tix for days 1-4 and then the other 3 tix for days 5-8?

Radius responded:

I just hung up with Shades of Green ticket office. He said yes, you can do this. So basicly you can get 8 days worth of tickets for 200 dollars.

Oh wow!! I apologize!! That wasn't the rule the last time around--sorry I gave misinfo and thanks for letting me know :)
My goodness, no need to apologize, mamato3princesses. I wouldn't have known the answer if it wasn't for Radius answering my post from way back in January.
:goodvibes

:) Thanks--I don't want to give someone false information so I'm really glad you cleared that up--and it's AWESOME that they are letting people buy more than 1 ticket each!!

Hi everyone. I have a couple of questions. When you buy the tickets at the ITT office do they give you a voucher or a ticket? If it is a voucher type thing do they keep that and then give you the actual tickets? I know it sounds weird but there's someone on a local board that is selling her tickets at a discount and I want to get them but I don't want to get bamboozled. She says her husband bought them a couple of weeks ago because they're going next week but he never noticed the black out dates so they won't be able to use them. Thanks!

If they are the special 4 day $99 tickets, no you wouldn't be able to use them unless you are a uniformed service member or spouse. They are more like a voucher. Last year I bought mine directly at WDW, but bought them for DL through the ITT. They sent us what looked like tickets, but when we exchanged them they actually printed us new tickets with our names on them. Others reported at WDW they were handed back the same vouchers after activation and they were now tickets.

So if you're not military and the person has not activated them at WDW, which it sounds like, they would not be of any use to you.

sorry

regards

I am eligible to buy the tickets since my husband is active duty, but this lady was selling 4 vouchers for $300 since she just wanted to make some of her money back. I took a chance and bought them so now we'll wait and see if they're good once we get down there, if not, lesson learned. I got a good vibe from her though and she was willing to give me any information I wanted so if they do end up being no good I can track her and her husband down pretty easily.

They are probably just fine then. Ours looked like regular tickets and said "military salute 5 day (plus your options)" on the back. DL exchanged them for new tickets. At WDW I bought them at the window, and they looked the same. You'll simply have to show your ID to activate them, and they'll count them towards your 6 total you are allowed to purchase. They don't know or care how you bought them....only that you are eligible to activate them. You do it at any ticket window or guest services.

regards

We will be going to Disney in November. Are there not any military discounts for dates after 9/30?

We will be going to Disney in November. Are there not any military discounts for dates after 9/30?
You're correct, no military discounts after 9/30 have been released. Last year, the room-only discount and tix offer were good through 12/23, so I suppose it's possible that they might extend the current -40% off. But last year, Iger said there will be fewer discounts this year and from what I read on the DISboards, the parks were packed last November/ December, so I wouldn't count on a discount extension. But I'll certainly post if I hear anything:)

My brother is currently activated with the National Guard. He will be home soon, but we all can't go to the world till June. His orders will have expired by then. Will he still be able to buy the tickets even though he will not be "active" in June?
Thanks.

My brother is currently activated with the National Guard. He will be home soon, but we all can't go to the world till June. His orders will have expired by then. Will he still be able to buy the tickets even though he will not be "active" in June?
Thanks.
I suppose a problem might arise when he tries to activate the tix at WDW which requires him to show his military ID. But as I read the rules, it seems as long as he is activated at the time of purchase and not use, he should be OK:confused3

For a definitive answer I would call SOG's Attraction Ticket Hotline:
(407) 824-1403

Here are the rules from the SOG website:

Walt Disney World's Armed Forces Salute 2010

From January 3, 2010 to July 31, 2010, Active and Retired U.S. Military, including members of the U.S. Coast Guard and active members of the National Guard or Reservists, may purchase 4-Day Walt Disney World Armed Forces Salute Tickets for themselves and up to five (5) family members and/or friends for $99.

The base ticket is valid for four days of admission into one of the four Walt Disney World theme parks. The Park Hopper option allows guests to visit more than one park each day. The Water Park and More option gives guests a total of four visits to a choice of a Disney water park, DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park or certain other attractions.

During this offer period, active or retired U.S. military personnel may make a one-time purchase of up to a maximum of five 4-Day companion tickets (one theme park per day) for $99 per ticket, for family members (including spouse) or friends. Although this ticket for family members and friends does not include either the Park Hopper or Water Park Fun & More options, this ticket can be upgraded to add either such option, or both, for an additional $25, per option. All tickets and options are non-transferable and must be activated by September 26, 2010. Block out dates 3/27- 4/9/2010 All locations. 7/3-4/2010 Magic Kingdom only. Tickets available for purchase at Shades of Green beginning January 3, 2010. Tickets expire September 30, 2010.

Thanks.

Active and activated reservist are not the same thing. An active reservist is currently a member of the US Armed Forces and will hava a CAC. He doesn't have to be "activated" ie on orders or a deployment. As long as he is an active drilling NG member he will have a CAC and is eligible.

Last year there was confusion in the wording that said reservists had to have served "active duty" and show orders to prove it.....but since the CAC is the same for a res/ad soldier they dropped that requirement since even the military cannot tell one CAC from another unless they put it in a CAC reader.

Now if he's being discharged when his orders are up or going back to the IRR...then he will turn in his CAC and won't be eligible. You need military ID to both purchase and activate the tickets.

regards

Thanks,
He will still be in the National Guard, he just comes back from deployment this month. I went ahead and called the Shades of Green ticket # and left a message. Any idea how long it typically takes them to call back?

Hi :) My husband is an active reservist (i.e he works full time on base as a civillian, and then also does his drill one weekend a month). Does he qualify alone for that, or does he have to request to go "on orders" like last year. Last year he had to go "on orders" for 2 weeks and go to Key West in order for us to take advantage of the military deal last year. Though he didn't mind be on orders and going to Key West, I didn't much like being stuck with the kiddies 24/7 for 2 weeks :scared1:

So since he is an active reservist, meaning he does his drill every month, is that all we need?

Also, since we are not going untill August, where can I pre-purchase the tickets since they are only for sale until late July.

THANKS!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter