New for '10! Disney World Ticket Discounts for Military Personnel

Well we checked into it. For the dates were going all they have availible for military rate is the Poly, Port Orleans, and All star music. Nothing was below what we are paying at shades of green. Oh well, maybe next year!

Does anyone know if you can still book up to three rooms at 40% off? Do all three rooms have to be at the same resort? We have friends that would like to come along, but they might be at a different resort than us. We booked two rooms last year, but they were at the same resort.

Does anyone know if you can still book up to three rooms at 40% off? Do all three rooms have to be at the same resort? We have friends that would like to come along, but they might be at a different resort than us. We booked two rooms last year, but they were at the same resort.
I'm assuming that you should be able to as long as there is still availability using the codes listed in my post from 2/27.

The only way to know for sure is to give a call to the WDTC with the booking codes and have them see if they can apply them to your preferred resorts.

Good luck:)

I'm assuming that you should be able to as long as there is still availability using the codes listed in my post from 2/27.

The only way to know for sure is to give a call to the WDTC with the booking codes and have them see if they can apply them to your preferred resorts.

Good luck:)

Thank you! I saw in another thread that someone was able to book a room for their parents, so I am hoping it can be done for friends too.

ok...so, I am reading about this military salute ticket that you all are talking about for $99 for 4 days....my father is active and can purchase this tickets...all it says in small print is that if the tickets are gifted and the military personnel is not there then the tickets may be confiscated....I am wondering how often this happens...what are the chances that me being 8 months pregnant with my husband and taking our 3 little kids that they will take the vouchers away??? Do we take the chance?? Can I call somewhere ahead of time and make sure these will go through? i would love any advice.

Thanks, Kristin

Kristin,
It sounds like you are not a dependent of your dad's since you are married. If you do not have a valid military ID (dependent or otherwise) then you cannot use these tickets, unless your dad is travelling too.

When the tickets are purchased (at the gate or at a MWR office or SOG) a valid military ID must be shown and it will need to be shown again at Disney in order to enter the park for the first time. That's why you must be either military or a dependent with valid ID in order to use the tix.

Hope that helps!

Kristin,
It sounds like you are not a dependent of your dad's since you are married. If you do not have a valid military ID (dependent or otherwise) then you cannot use these tickets, unless your dad is travelling too.

When the tickets are purchased (at the gate or at a MWR office or SOG) a valid military ID must be shown and it will need to be shown again at Disney in order to enter the park for the first time. That's why you must be either military or a dependent with valid ID in order to use the tix.

Hope that helps!

That is interesting then that it does not say that anywhere....a friend said she used them no problem 2 years ago and they never checked for an ID

That is interesting then that it does not say that anywhere....a friend said she used them no problem 2 years ago and they never checked for an ID

OK, I just found on the Disney site that it says they will check...that stinks...I suppose it prevents people from buying these tickets real cheap and then selling them on ebay or other places....is there no way to get a copy of my dad's or anything like that....

2 years ago, they only had a discount, I believe, and not the whopper of a deal they started offering last year. We went in September with this, and they take it quite seriously on redeeming the vouchers. I would not risk it.

The military person or spouse with ID has to activate them. They never asked last year after they were activated tho.

Ok , I have a question :)

My sister inlaw is coming with us on trip now , and she called her base office ( shes stationed in Germany) about these tickets and they told her they also have 8 day PH and water park , DQ tickets for 140???? Anybody heard of these ?? Im very wary because nobody has mentioned them .... but they are a great deal !!!

Ok , I have a question :)

My sister inlaw is coming with us on trip now , and she called her base office ( shes stationed in Germany) about these tickets and they told her they also have 8 day PH and water park , DQ tickets for 140???? Anybody heard of these ?? Im very wary because nobody has mentioned them .... but they are a great deal !!!

I personally have not heard of them. But if you ever have questions about those tickets I would check out the shades of green website. They always have the correct information on their website. That's where I always check on these offers.

Hmmm...I wonder if that is the $99 ticket adding in park hopper & water parks which would bring it up to about $150? Couldn't you then get 8 days out of it because it's 4 for the parks + 4 for water parks? That's all I can figure!!

No idea but its killing me ! We like to go to water parks during the day and go the theme parks at night, she said they are hoppers , but i just havent heard anybody else mention them ! Im gonna try calling Shades of green now....

My future husband and I will be going to Disney in September for our honeymoon. He served four years in the Air Force and then was honorably discharged as he did not sign up for additional years. He still has a Military ID that was given to him at the base but it does not say Active Duty. Can we get the discount? I am unsure if they will allow honorably discharged people to use the discount since they are not active or retired. Please help! If we could use 2 - 4 day passes each it would be awesome.

I don't think he is eligible, Jennifer, but you can check the rules to be sure. He has to be active, retired, or permanently disabled. Was he honorably discharged for any reason or he just didn't re-up?

Also, if he is eligible in regards to his status, you can each only use one 4 day ticket--you can't piggy back 2 tickets to make a longer trip.

Hope this helps you some.

My future husband and I will be going to Disney in September for our honeymoon. He served four years in the Air Force and then was honorably discharged as he did not sign up for additional years. He still has a Military ID that was given to him at the base but it does not say Active Duty. Can we get the discount? I am unsure if they will allow honorably discharged people to use the discount since they are not active or retired. Please help! If we could use 2 - 4 day passes each it would be awesome.
Unless his status on his ID card is "RET" or "active-duty" or he is a reservist or a dependent, he wouldn't be eligible to purchase the tix since he is no longer in the military and he isn't retired.

Another way to look at it would be, if on the ID card it says that you have "authorized patronage to the Exchange, Commissary and MWR", then you can purchase the tix.

I do hope you have a wonderful Disneymoon and congratulations!

I don't think he is eligible, Jennifer, but you can check the rules to be sure. He has to be active, retired, or permanently disabled. Was he honorably discharged for any reason or he just didn't re-up?

Also, if he is eligible in regards to his status, you can each only use one 4 day ticket--you can't piggy back 2 tickets to make a longer trip.

Hope this helps you some.
Actually you can "piggy back". This is from page 5 of this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK

We are eligible to purchase 6 tix. We are a family of 3, but would like to stay 8 days. Can we purchase 6 tix on post and then when we arrive at WDW activate 3 tix for days 1-4 and then the other 3 tix for days 5-8?

Radius responded:

I just hung up with Shades of Green ticket office. He said yes, you can do this. So basicly you can get 8 days worth of tickets for 200 dollars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter