New for '10! Disney World Ticket Discounts for Military Personnel

Sorry this may be a stupid question. Can these tickets be upgraded. We are planning on going for 10 days. What value do they give you for the tickets. We are taking my husbands daughter and husband with us in May. We were going to get one day tickets with our GADGAD passes and then use the value to upgrade them. We would be getting 10 day passes for them and AP's for us. Thanks for your input.
Not a stupid question!

The tix can be upgraded:

"These tickets can be upgraded to an annual pass, premium annual pass, seasonal and weekday select passes..."

I believe the upgrade value is whatever you paid for the mil. tix:

$99 for four days or $25 more if you have added the PH/water park option.

Not a stupid question!

The tix can be upgraded:

"These tickets can be upgraded to an annual pass, premium annual pass, seasonal and weekday select passes..."

I believe the upgrade value is whatever you paid for the mil. tix:

$99 for four days or $25 more if you have added the PH/water park option.

Well shoot. If they only give you credit for the amount you paid for it I think I am better using our GAD passes. I was/am wishing they would give you credit for the amount of the ticket at gate prices. That would save me a ton on our tickets.

In your opinions, what is the chance of this offer being extended through 2010? I am asking because we wanted to go in December.

In your opinions, what is the chance of this offer being extended through 2010? I am asking because we wanted to go in December.
Just my opinion, but I doubt that it will be extended as the mil. tix offer was already downgraded from the '09 mil. tix offer:

~Fewer days on the tix this year and a much earlier expiration.

Iger "threatened" fewer and less deep discounting this year. Given that, I just don't see them extending the mil. tix promo. into December. In fact, this may be the last year you see the offer for a while.

I am a military spouse and my husband cannot go with me & my sister to WDW. So as I have understood, I will be able to get these tickets for us at the EPCOT gate? How much will the tax be? THANKS!!

Thank you dd50! This is a last minute, whirlwind trip and we are only hitting Epcot. BUT I think the 4 day pass would be great in case we want to go in one night to see fireworks or a quick trip around one of the parks or something. Thanks!!!

I am a military spouse and my husband cannot go with me & my sister to WDW. So as I have understood, I will be able to get these tickets for us at the EPCOT gate? How much will the tax be? THANKS!!
Yes, as the spouse, you can purchase up to 5 tix. If you pre-purchase them on post/base or SOG, you'll be given a voucher to exchange at the MAIN entrance of any WDW park. Why not get them at SOG, then you won't have to pay tax. Or you could get them before you leave on post/base and also not pay tax:teacher:.

After speaking via PM with WDWKOOK about this military ticket deal, I should share with you guys what happened when I called the MWR Ticket office on Ft Sill, OK. I called them and asked to see if they had WDW tickets. The lady said "yes, we have them" and she started with a price around like 78 dollars which I figured in my head was a one day pass. I told her well I heard about this 4 day pass they are offering for 100 dollars. Her response "Oh yeah we can get those but its a $10 shipping fee and it takes 10 days to get them". I felt she was trying to make me feel like I had to buy the passes she had in stock, not what was the best deal. We wont be using our local ticket office. We will wait until we arrive at Shades of Green this summer and buy them there. So, if you call your base ticket office and they act like they cant get the 4 day pass special, they can, but they might try to get you to buy what they have in stock, which is a little cheaper then WDW gate prices!!!

:scratchin

We are eligible to purchase 6 tix. We are a family of 3, but would like to stay 8 days. Can we purchase 6 tix on post and then when we arrive at WDW activate 3 tix for days 1-4 and then the other 3 tix for days 5-8?

I just hung up with Shades of Green ticket office. He said yes, you can do this. So basicly you can get 8 days worth of tickets for 200 dollars. :thumbsup2

I just hung up with Shades of Green ticket office. He said yes, you can do this. So basicly you can get 8 days worth of tickets for 200 dollars. :thumbsup2
Wow, I completely forgot about my question! Thank you for letting me know about this.

I already booked a pkg. with a -40% pin that I had, but now I'm going to investigate switching to a room-only -40% discount and buying the mil. tix :teacher: (but, I refuse to pay that $10 shipping fee:sad2:)

Thanks for the great info., radius:)

I ran the numbers and it would only be a savings of $179.

Our 8-day PHs for 3 adults are $923. Six mil. tix with PHs would be $744.

Probably not worth changing to a room-only booking and then not having the KTTW cards and having to buy and exchange the vouchers - twice over only $179.

But, thank you again, radius. I bet your info. will help another DISer:thumbsup2

I ran the numbers and it would only be a savings of $179.

Our 8-day PHs for 3 adults are $923. Six mil. tix with PHs would be $744.

Probably not worth changing to a room-only booking and then not having the KTTW cards and having to buy and exchange the vouchers - twice over only $179.

But, thank you again, radius. I bet your info. will help another DISer:thumbsup2

You don't want to save $179? You can always buy the military tickets at the park but you do pay tax there. Military can also get 40% off room without a pin for up to 3 rooms.

You don't want to save $179? You can always buy the military tickets at the park but you do pay tax there. Military can also get 40% off room without a pin for up to 3 rooms.
I'm not saying I don't want to save $179, but to do that we would have to:

Change our reservation from a pkg. to a room-only booking. I already have -40% off the room component of the pkg., and I do have 3 other -40% off room-only pins that might work, but there would still have to be availability using those pin codes since I'd be switching to a room-only ressie with a different pin.

Then I would need to buy the 6 mil. vouchers, which are non-refundable and go and exchange them for the tix at WDW. After 4 days we would have to exchange them once again. We also wouldn't have the KTTW cards which work as our room key and for charging.

We just don't think all of that hassle is worth $179, even if one of our -40% off RO pins were available for our dates.

I'm not saying I don't want to save $179, but I to do that we would have to:

Change our reservation from a pkg. to a room-only booking. I already have -40% off the room component of the pkg., and I do have 3 other -40% off room-only pins that might work, but there would still have to be availability using those pin codes since I'd be switching to a room-only ressie with a different pin.

Then I would need to buy the 6 mil. vouchers, which are non-refundable and go and exchange them for the tix at WDW. After 4 days we would have to exchange them once again. We also wouldn't have the KTTW cards which work as our room key and for charging.

We just don't think all of that hassle is worth $179, even if one of our -40% off RO pins were available for our dates.

If you are going with military ID you get 40% off and you can get the dining (not free) without purchasing tickets. You only need to purchase dining if you are getting free dining because then you give up your military discount.

You can purchase all the tickets (6) at the same time. You could probably activate them at the same time also.

What disney resorts offer a military discount? We are staying at shades of green. I would like to see if disney can beat their price. It would be nicer to stay at a disney property because I like the airport transfer convienance, and meal packages.

What disney resorts offer a military discount? We are staying at shades of green. I would like to see if disney can beat their price. It would be nicer to stay at a disney property because I like the airport transfer convienance, and meal packages.
The current military discount is a room-only discount of -40% off the rack rate. It's valid until 9-30, however, it's based on availability. A certain number of rooms at every WDW resort (inlcuding DVC villas) are allocated at the military discount and once they are booked, they're gone.

Just call the WDTC/CRO to find out about availability for your dates. Here are the details:

Valid for stays most nights 1/3/10 - 9/30/10. Book by 7-31-10.

Discount Codes:

Room only Code - OUQ

These room only rates can also be used for a Disney World Package.
Magic Your Way PLUS Dining Option - OUS
Magic Your Way PLUS Quick Service Dining Option - OUR
Magic Your Way PLUS Deluxe Dining Option - OUU

(www.wdwinfo.com)

Military Offer - Save 40% on Rooms

Special deal for eligible members of the US Military*: Save 40% on rooms at select Disney resorts! For stays most nights through 9/30/10.

Book by 7/31/10. If you'd like to book these rates as part of a vacation package with the Dining Plan, there is a special code for doing so.

*Offer available to active duty military, activated reservists and retired military. Proof of Military eligibility is required.

The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Minimum length of stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals. Savings based on non-discounted price for the same room. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Additional per-adult charges apply if more than two adults per room.

(www.mousesavers.com)

We were able to book a moderate (Caribbean Beach) for over $200 less than Shades of Green would have cost at my DH's rank rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter