New for '10! Disney World Ticket Discounts for Military Personnel

If yes, this would be wonderful. I know he gets the military discount for Shades of Green and such. But for the promotion last year - a few people on the boards said that cadets at the academies were not eligible for it. I guess the only way to be completely sure is to get down to the ticket gate and find out one way or another.

If my mom is a widow with a military Id can she get the ticket? I thought I read that somewhere! She is planning to take the grandkids so the savings would be huge for her!:goodvibes

If my mom is a widow with a military Id can she get the ticket? I thought I read that somewhere! She is planning to take the grandkids so the savings would be huge for her!:goodvibes

I assume she has a id, because her late husband retired from Active Duty? Then yes, she is considered the sponsor, because the sponsor is not available.

he didn't retire, he died in the line of duty, Does that make a difference?
You probably read this on the first page:

If the service member is not present, the spouse or unremarried widow may purchase up to five tickets during the validity period.

You mentioned that your mom has an ID, so she is eligible. That would also indicate that she never re-married. She can purchase the tix for family/friends, but must be present to activate them at WDW. I don't know why it says 5 tix, since I thought she could purchase 1 for herself and 5 additional tix for family/friends. But the good news is, at least she can purchase some.

:scratchin

We are eligible to purchase 6 tix. We are a family of 3, but would like to stay 8 days. Can we purchase 6 tix on post and then when we arrive at WDW activate 3 tix for days 1-4 and then the other 3 tix for days 5-8?

Hi All,
How does activating the tickets work? We used these last year and if I remember correctly my husband activated all our tickets the window at Animal Kingdom. We all stayed together so it was no problem. This year we are bringing family members and will be there a total of 5 days. Some want to go into a park on Sunday evening for EMH our first night there and some don't want to go to a park til the next day. Can my husband activate everyone's tickets at a window and then some of us not actually go into the park being as how we want to save our 4 days for the rest of the week? I know once the tickets are activated we're able to split up but we don't want to use up a day going to a park just to get someone's activated. Does that make sense? Sorry if there is any confusion! Any help would be appreciated. Also, I read they give vouchers this year at SOG and then you get an actual ticket at the park. Is the permanent ticket a paper one or a card to swipe?

TIA,
Lisa Shaw

Alright I have a few questions...
First my sisters bf is in the reserves and I don't understand how it works for them. What do we need to get the tickets. Also we are going to be 6 people for 8 days so I was wondering if you can get like 3 people tickets for 4 days then get three more sets of tickets for the last four days?

Has anyone gotten the 40% room discount at Pop? We're going to book for Aug. 15-22, and want to stay at Pop again, (the little ones love it).:goodvibes

We got the 40% off at All Star Sports so I would think you could get it at POP, too.

MIL would be getting tickets for us and activating...can we then use the tickets later in the same week even if she doesn't go to the parks with us. (Still at WDW..but not sure she wants to do the parks more than 1 day.)

Anyway, does the ticket have to be used on the day of activation? Does the sponsor have to be with you each day you use the ticket?

MIL would be getting tickets for us and activating...can we then use the tickets later in the same week even if she doesn't go to the parks with us. (Still at WDW..but not sure she wants to do the parks more than 1 day.)

Anyway, does the ticket have to be used on the day of activation? Does the sponsor have to be with you each day you use the ticket?

No, she doesn't have to be there every time and we activated ours at DTD the night before we went to the parks. She only has to be there to activate them.

We got the 40% off at All Star Sports so I would think you could get it at POP, too.

I booked ASMo today, and the agent said that POP wasn't available. I don't know if that was n/a as in not eligible for the offer or just sold out, though.

As for the pp that asked about dining plans. Yes, you can add a DDP to the 40% military rate room. I didn't end up booking it, but I did get it priced out.

I booked ASMo today, and the agent said that POP wasn't available. I don't know if that was n/a as in not eligible for the offer or just sold out, though.

As for the pp that asked about dining plans. Yes, you can add a DDP to the 40% military rate room. I didn't end up booking it, but I did get it priced out.

Yes, the CM meant that POP was sold-out. WDW apportions a certain amount of rooms at all its resorts with the mil. discount and when they have been booked, they are no longer available.

I believe you can add the DP (and this year the DxDP, too) up to five days prior to arrival.

Yes, you can BUY the DP but if it is free dining then you give up the 40% off.

Just booked Port Orleans FQ with 40% room discount & DDP. The total for 2 adults is $1307.70. We booked 3 rooms at this rate for Aug. 15-22. Now we just need to order tickets.

Just booked Port Orleans FQ with 40% room discount & DDP. The total for 2 adults is $1307.70. We booked 3 rooms at this rate for Aug. 15-22. Now we just need to order tickets.
Congratulations on booking!

But, I'm not sure what you mean by "order" tix? You can get the military discounted tix on post/base or through SOG when you arrive, that way you won't pay any tax. (But I see you're arriving after the 7-31 deadline for purchasing so you couldn't get them at SOG).

Congratulations on booking!

But, I'm not sure what you mean by "order" tix? You can get the military discounted tix on post/base or through SOG when you arrive, that way you won't pay any tax. (But I see you're arriving after the 7-31 deadline for purchasing so you couldn't get them at SOG).

Here at Ft. Drum the tickets are ordered after you pay for them. They don't keep tickets "on hand". After they are ordered, it takes a few weeks to get them, and I think they send them to us by way of Fed Ex. :wizard:

Here at Ft. Drum the tickets are ordered after you pay for them. They don't keep tickets "on hand". After they are ordered, it takes a few weeks to get them, and I think they send them to us by way of Fed Ex. :wizard:
I see, thanks. That's different from Ft. Belvoir, VA where they already have them on-hand.

Sorry this may be a stupid question. Can these tickets be upgraded. We are planning on going for 10 days. What value do they give you for the tickets. We are taking my husbands daughter and husband with us in May. We were going to get one day tickets with our GADGAD passes and then use the value to upgrade them. We would be getting 10 day passes for them and AP's for us. Thanks for your input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter