New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. I think many people buy hopper tickets, especially if they are on DDP. We would spend a day at MK then hop to Epcot for dinner. Aso if you are say at AK and it closes at 6, then you can hop to MK and maybe take advantage of EMH if you are on site. Hopper costs are very reasonable for the perk, I think it's a popular choice.
Yep, now that you have to add on WP or Hopper to get the DP free there are tons adding on Hopper. Way more than there used to be.

I really don't mind them adding stuff like this. If someone wants to do this, it's up to them and affects me in no way.

I am not troubled by this either. I would not use it because even with hoppers we do not travel from park to park, but I think those folks who do will find it worthwhile.

I might be in the minority here, but I think this is disgusting of Disney. Shouldn't every guest who pays to stay there have faster bus service to the parks? Are they going to make available less buses so that people are forced to buy this express transportation? How many "extras" are they going to provide for those people that can afford to pay it? Don't get me wrong, Disney is first and foremost a business, but every business should be following their original concept if it works. I've seen it before, they are going to out price their main base of guests. I'm a DVC member but am seriously considering next trip, stay in the DVC, rent a car, and buy park tickets for Universal only.

Why? Disney offers transportation to the parks already. If you want to have something extra you should be willing to pay an additional fee. I personally would not use it and therefore would not want to fund it on a scale large enough to cover every park guest who may want it.

If I want to get to my destination faster I use a cab. I pay for it. IF I wanted to get from one park to another faster I would be willing to pay for that additional service.

I might be in the minority here, but I think this is disgusting of Disney. Shouldn't every guest who pays to stay there have faster bus service to the parks? Are they going to make available less buses so that people are forced to buy this express transportation? How many "extras" are they going to provide for those people that can afford to pay it? Don't get me wrong, Disney is first and foremost a business, but every business should be following their original concept if it works. I've seen it before, they are going to out price their main base of guests. I'm a DVC member but am seriously considering next trip, stay in the DVC, rent a car, and buy park tickets for Universal only.
Why? It's not like they are removing the park to park buses that run for free and forcing folks in to a service for a fee. This is in addition to, a premium offered to those that want to pay for it. I find nothing disgusting about it. You aren't being required to use it. They move guests around for free in a very efficient manner. I dare say you'd be hard pressed to find a city bus service that runs better

If it's $24 to add on, I think it's fantastic, and it makes buying PHs in the first place a lot more appealing to me. A big part of why didn't plan to get PHs for our next trip was the time it takes to travel between parks. It still may not appeal to us for our next trip, because of the way we have our days planned, and the limited time we will be at WDW, but for future trips, this will be an absolute yes for us if we have park hoppers.

Like a previous posters said I'm not sure this would be a benefit to us because we do most of our park hopping after taking a break at our resort. For days where we may go to and from DHS /Epcot for lunch we use the boat, MK to/from EPCOT the monorail and for us those are part of the experience of being at WDW, we enjoy those rides. AK is really the only park I can see this being a benefit and on the day we go there we just stay the entire day because of the shorter park hours.

All that being said, if we park hopped without the break this would be something we would purchase in a heartbeat as long as the price point stays where they have it now. Most of the extras they have been throwing out there are crazy expensive, this is something we could actually afford.

This sounds like something I would do in my situation next trip. I'm going to be off site, so my two days at the parks are going to be limited. I would want to use Park Hopper to get the most parks for the money, so not having to go to the front of park and avoiding another security check sounds like a really good idea.

Not a bad idea but I don't think I'd ever use it - I can only think of one time where I went from park to park and that was for a quick change of plans. Generally my park hopping is park -> resort -> park for dinner/evening festivities.

Now if they sell passes AT the bus stops that could up the quick usage...

Frankly though I'd prefer resort -> resort bus transport! :)

Not a bad idea but I don't think I'd ever use it - I can only think of one time where I went from park to park and that was for a quick change of plans. Generally my park hopping is park -> resort -> park for dinner/evening festivities.

Now if they sell passes AT the bus stops that could up the quick usage...

Frankly though I'd prefer resort -> resort bus transport! :)
it's probably not far behind, they might be testing the popularity if this service and decide to add on the park to resort option later

in the UK we can get the 14 day ultimate ticket, I presume it would be valid with this, if so it sounds like a good deal.

Yet another add-on that I won't be purchasing. Like PPs, we also hop but take a break at the resort between parks so this wouldn't benefit us.

And like someone else said, part of the experience for us is taking the boat transportation when available and also I enjoy walking in the front of a park and hearing the music and the build up of excitement (especially Epcot!). I don't want to be dropped off behind the scenes. But that is just me.

Yet another add-on that I won't be purchasing. Like PPs, we also hop but take a break at the resort between parks so this wouldn't benefit us.

And like someone else said, part of the experience for us is taking the boat transportation when available and also I enjoy walking in the front of a park and hearing the music and the build up of excitement (especially Epcot!). I don't want to be dropped off behind the scenes. But that is just me.

I'm right there with you on that one. Love park entrances and hearing the different music loops.

• Epcot
o Onstage kiosk location – East of Spaceship Earth
o Backstage location – Eastgate bus loop

Is this by the CM lot and Overpass Rd?
If so - park with my biggest transportation pains, would still be a pain.

Will be curious how this does, it has pros/cons with it.
As an AP holder I def would NOT consider for $15 a day.
That's a nice lunch! for me.

Last edited:

But couldn't you carry that out to every item.......why should I have to stand in line at a CS, disney shouldn't charge more for a TS. Why should I be forced to stay in a room that only has 100 sq ft (just grabbing numbers out of the air ) , why isn't every room exactly the same size with the same amenities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!