New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
While in MK earlier this month, I located the bus check in area for future reference (August) and talked to the CM there. He told me that it's likely that the schedule would change before August. Just letting everyone know. I don't know how likely it is, that's just what the CM told me.

While in MK earlier this month, I located the bus check in area for future reference (August) and talked to the CM there. He told me that it's likely that the schedule would change before August. Just letting everyone know. I don't know how likely it is, that's just what the CM told me.
It can always change. This is why they do not publish a schedule. Even though there is one posted here it should be considered "written in pencil" and should be verified before you plan anything around it. This is also mentioned in the first post as a reminder to anyone reading the schedule

It can always change. This is why they do not publish a schedule. Even though there is one posted here it should be considered "written in pencil" and should be verified before you plan anything around it. This is also mentioned in the first post as a reminder to anyone reading the schedule

Exactly! That was going through my head as he was speaking LOL

I love this service, we used it right when it first came out.Cant wait to see what its like now that its been up and running for a while.

Thanks for the heads up.

This is a very important thing to note. Folks have mentioned loosing magic, not wanting to see anything using this service. You really won't/can't. I mean, I guess there is some slight possibility but really, they picked their locations intentionally. There is really nothing to see where they take you, nothing of note to take photos of. Other than a CM standing around waiting on a ride with a backpack. A regular CM, not a costumed, character CM. Or the back side of a building. It's as interesting as back side of water ;)
Please. I can look out my window and see the back side of buildings, any time. Now, the back side of water? Truly unique.

I am looking to use this after Illuminations on July 4th. Where is the Epcot pickup/dropoff and do you think they will have buses running that late over to AK for their EMH until 1am?

I am looking to use this after Illuminations on July 4th. Where is the Epcot pickup/dropoff and do you think they will have buses running that late over to AK for their EMH until 1am?
On July 4th, Epcot closes at 9:00pm the Epcot bus schedule is:

If you are in Epcot
On the hour a bus goes to Hollywood Studios
10Min after a bus goes to Magic Kingdom
20Min after a bus goes to Animal Kingdom
30Min after a bus goes to Hollywood Studios
40Min after a bus goes to Magic Kingdom
50Min after a bus goes to Animal Kingdom

The last bus to AK will leave Epcot at 9:20pm (Under the current schedule)

Illumiations starts at 9:00pm and runs about 14min. You need to be at the bus 10min before it's scheduled departure to ensure a seat. So in this case probably not. However if you like to gamble (and oh do I like to gamble) you could park yourself at the North end of the lagoon and book it down to the bus stop near spaceship earth the second the show ends with your fingers crossed. If you don't make it you are close to main exit for the regular bus and ahead of the crowds leaving the park.

Last edited:

If you are in Epcot

Illumiations runs about 14min. You need to be at the bus 10min before it's scheduled departure to ensure a seat. So in this case probably not. However if you like to gamble (and oh do I like to gamble) you could park yourself at the North end of the lagoon and book it down to the bus stop near spaceship earth the second the show ends with your fingers crossed.

So if I'm going to Star Wars Galactic Dessert Party on June 9 I cannot get to AK, correct?

So if I'm going to Star Wars Galactic Dessert Party on June 9 I cannot get to AK, correct?
Probably. What time is the Star Wars Fireworks that night? If you can get to the departure point at HS before the last but to AK you can. Since AK is open till 11:00 I'm thinking that probably isn't an issue but I do not know what time they have the Star Wars fireworks

Do let me know! I'm planning to try that June 10th. :)

Hollwood Studios closes at 9:30pm

The last bus to AK will leave at 9:40pm

The Star Wars fireworks stat at 9:30pm and runs for 14min'ish.

Last edited:
Disney may be starting to promote the service more. The following was included in my "It's almost time" email:

Make hopping easier with Express Transportation!
Add Express Transportation to your theme park ticket with Park Hopper® Option and get to the magic sooner. This new service will pick you up and drop you off from inside the theme park, bypassing the main entrance and standard theme park transportation.

Valid theme park admission and Park Hopper® Option required. Click here to Learn more.

If you are in Epcot

Illumiations starts at 9:00pm and runs about 14min. You need to be at the bus 10min before it's scheduled departure to ensure a seat. So in this case probably not. However if you like to gamble (and oh do I like to gamble) you could park yourself at the North end of the lagoon and book it down to the bus stop near spaceship earth the second the show ends with your fingers crossed. If you don't make it you are close to main exit for the regular bus and ahead of the crowds leaving the park.

I think I read some where that on July 4 the express bus would stop running much earlier in the day due to traffic, Not sure where or what time, So if you want to do this on the 4 of July you maybe a few hours too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter