New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to give my opinion i like this option but being a passhoulder its not worth it for a trip down to disney world i have a pass because we take 2 2 week vacation there every year so paying 15 dollars a day for 10 plus days would add up fast a lot more then the 24 dollars for multi day tickets i think for passholders it should go by resort stay if staying at a resort then you can pay the 24 dollars per stay if not then the 15 dollars a day rule is fine

I just want to give my opinion i like this option but being a passhoulder its not worth it for a trip down to disney world i have a pass because we take 2 2 week vacation there every year so paying 15 dollars a day for 10 plus days would add up fast a lot more then the 24 dollars for multi day tickets i think for passholders it should go by resort stay if staying at a resort then you can pay the 24 dollars per stay if not then the 15 dollars a day rule is fine
Just to let you know that when I asked the CM yesterday he didn't know if ap holders would be $24 for length of stay or just the 7 days, so that could change

Just to let you know that when I asked the CM yesterday he didn't know if ap holders would be $24 for length of stay or just the 7 days, so that could change
that would be cool i would do it if it was for a 7 day pass or something i won't do it thou if they don't have a option for more then one day

True, but this is yet another extra cost addition like the special parties, special viewing areas, paying more to get into the parks earlier, cabanas, etc. etc. that they've been coming up with pretty rapid fire. Maybe if it didn't seem like they're throwing all these things out there so quickly, one right after the other, it would be easier to stomach? To me it seems like Disney is getting greedy, business or no business. it's very frustrating!
Oh, I completely see what you are saying. It is a lot. And some of the things they are tossing out leave me scratching my head. This is one that didn't. As long as the free version remains that is.
that would be cool i would do it if it was for a 7 day pass or something i won't do it thou if they don't have a option for more then one day
you may have the updates but it is for 7 days for AP for sure

Currently it does say that ap holders can buy seven days for $24, it's on the first page, I thought you wanted for more than 7 days

we will be there for eight days so 7 days i would be ok with i did not see where it said 7 days is 24 dollars i would prob do it we park hop a lot

Currently it does say that ap holders can buy seven days for $24, it's on the first page, I thought you wanted for more than 7 days
i did not see that and its 7 days from date of purchase so i would but it when i get there my first day and i won't have it for my last day but that would be ok since we tend to park hop more when we first get there and our last day is a magic kingdom day and we take it easy as it is our last day thanks for the info

Can you call and add this to your hopper tickets before arrival? What number would you call?

This is the first I'm hearing about this since I've been out of the "Disney loop" for a while, anyways, my thoughts (incase anyone cares ;)):

1. My first thought was that this is priced so reasonably because unlike other upcharge options, this is primarily about relieving the bottlenecks at park entrances (and making some money while doing so) whereas the other upcharge options are primarily about making money. This one is for the unwashed masses too. :ssst: This isn't going to be marketed to the same people who are willing to spend $600 to camp out in Tomorrowland. Or pay $$$$ for some little desserts.

2. I agree with those are apprehensive. It is disheartening that so much effort as of late seems to have been focused on new revenue streams, as opposed to the base experience. Fix my monorail, please. Oh, and how's Rivers of Light doing? It feels like for the most part (with some exception) the "exciting" new things in WDW have primarily been add ons recently, or projects that take FOREVER. Guys, it feels like forever since my family has been in Disney, and they had already broken ground on Pandora when we were there:rotfl2:. I can't blame people for groaning when another apparent add on comes our way, even if it doesn't impact them. And even that remains to be seen.

3. Which brings me to my last point, where is this going? I hope my first theory is correct and this is all about alleviating the bottlenecks at security, but we all know how this could also go. Disney sees people is willing to pay more for better quality transportation, so where's their incentive to improve the "free" system they've got going on? The "free" system that along with Magical Express keeps many families (and their vacation dollars) a captive audience for Disney, incase people need reminding that Disney doesn't have a transportation system solely for guest benefit.

Can you call and add this to your hopper tickets before arrival? What number would you call?
The info in the first post indicates there are 2 ways to purchase
1, from GS
2, from kisoks at the parks
both sound like they are done in person not on the phone.
Probably little reason to do it advance

How can Guests get Express Transportation? Guests may add this option at Vacation Planning and Guest Relation locations throughout property as well as at the new Express Transportation kiosks in the four theme parks.

Just the thought of being able to hop into MK without having to slog against the Main Street traffic coming & going would make this worthwhile. Epcot, not so much...would rather be able to hop to within WS. 3 out of 4 ain't bad, though...

I just checked my streaming schedule and I'm park hoping on Dec 10th
First stop AK around 11am, then DHS for JBJB and end with Illuminations at Epcot.
I think I might try this out first hand, just to time things out and give a first hand account. So I'll park at Epcot, since that's my end of the day park, and take the bus from there.
If I end up doing this, I'll make sure to take pictures (whenever I can, no pics backstage) write down times and ask a lot of questions

Last edited:
I just checked my streaming schedule and I'm park hopping on Dec 10th
First stop AK around 11am, then DHS for JBJB ad end with Illuminations at Epcot.
I think I might try this out first hand, just to time things out and give a first hand account. So I'll park at Epcot, since that's my end of the day park, and take the bus from there.
If I end up doing this, I'll make sure to take pictures (whenever I can, no pics backstage) write down times and ask a lot of questions

Thank you!!!!

3. Which brings me to my last point, where is this going? I hope my first theory is correct and this is all about alleviating the bottlenecks at security, but we all know how this could also go. Disney sees people is willing to pay more for better quality transportation, so where's their incentive to improve the "free" system they've got going on? The "free" system that along with Magical Express keeps many families (and their vacation dollars) a captive audience for Disney, incase people need reminding that Disney doesn't have a transportation system solely for guest benefit.

I think you actually answered your own question, and it's the reason I'm not too worried about a downgrade to the current system. Disney absolutely has incentive to make sure the free system stays reasonably effective and efficient. Likewise, they have incentive to keep this park-to-park system pretty cheap. At $24 for a whole vacation, it sounds like a nice add on and a great way to alleviate crowds at security.

If the free transportation becomes ineffective or the paid park-to-park service gets just a little bit more expensive, people will start thinking "well, I could pay for the add on, or just rent a car. And with a car, I can go park-to-park, but also resort-to-park, and to the grocery store down the street, and heck, if I'm in the car already, maybe I'll head to city walk for dinner tonight instead of Disney Springs. And I saw that add for the really cheap sea world tickets...."

I would think Disney would lose a whole lot more money if people en masse start deciding that the onsite, free, transportation doesn't get the job done well.

The $24 for 7 days for AP holders really should include the option to add on additional days at $X/day. It's just flat out annoying for them to make it 7 days if you have a 10-day stay, for instance -- not an unusual length to be sure. Not hard, Disney! ;)

The $24 for 7 days for AP holders really should include the option to add on additional days at $X/day. It's just flat out annoying for them to make it 7 days if you have a 10-day stay, for instance -- not an unusual length to be sure. Not hard, Disney! ;)
No one knows for sure they won't have a length of stay option. No one knows much at this point. I don't think that just because it was left out of the Q&A it means they don't have it. I can't imagine the Q&A covers everything.

I think they will end up changing this to length of stay for AP, just like if you are an AP but not staying on property you get fp 30 days in advance but if you are staying on property you get them 60 days in advance

No one knows for sure they won't have a length of stay option. No one knows much at this point. I don't think that just because it was left out of the Q&A it means they don't have it. I can't imagine the Q&A covers everything.

I think they will end up changing this to length of stay for AP, just like if you are an AP but not staying on property you get fp 30 days in advance but if you are staying on property you get them 60 days in advance

I would hope so. Would love it if they actually made announcements when they were ready to share all relevant info to all relevant audiences.

I know we all love Disney here. I defend the company A LOT when people attack reflexively. But good grief -- not many other companies out there are LESS CLEAR about their new offerings, often for quite some time as they work things out. Sometimes it's a tad much.

Way back in 2004 or 2005 when the tickets went to á la carte, base tic know gets actually did go down.
Yes, that is how they sold it. They lowered the price by a few dollars for those who were willing to strip off features that were previously included...then the raised the prices.

No doubt this will be the same. It is a slippery slope, so to speak.

I think some of you missed my point earlier. Ultimately, if you buy into this, then you are buying into the idea of paying for transportation within WDW. Previously, guests could travel within WDW for free.

Every WDW guest used to get tickets that included hopping and never expired.

My point has little to do with what I personally will use.

As guests collectively buy into the idea of paying for things that used to be included, Disney will keep this idea rolling. It is similar to the model the airlines used.

They will keep taking as long as we are willing to give.

What's next, an upcharge to see the fireworks? Oh, wait, they are already doing that too.

But I also go back to what another poster said, if you don't exit and enter via the main entrance, then you lose the Main Street effect, which cheapens the park. What has always set WDW apart is the beauty of the parks. Seeing the castle leaves an emotional impression on guests. Take that away, and the Magic Kingdom isn't nearly as magical.

Again, I'm not really talking about myself here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter