New DVC Member Cards coming next month.

Good to know. Couldn't figure out why daughter got hers and the rest of us didn't.....same contract, different addresses. She said it comes is a big envelope with a fold out flyer about the 25th celebration.

Although I have not received a hard copy of my new Member ID, I did go online and get a digital copy. LOVE that new feature!:love:

But it does bring up a question for me....
My husband and I are both owners on our DVC contract: He is Purchaser and I am Additional Purchaser.
Since day one of our ownership, I am the one who registered on DVCmember.com, and I have done all the planning, booking, and payments of dues from that account.
He never even registered on DVCmember.com.

So just now when I got my digital ID card, it only created my card, not my husbands.
Does my husband have to register separately on DVCMember.com? Both members cannot share the same DVCMember.com account?
Doesn't he need a registration code to do this?

Thanks for any help!:flower3:

How do you find our digital cards on the website? I tried looking but maybe i am missing something

Although I have not received a hard copy of my new Member ID, I did go online and get a digital copy. LOVE that new feature!:love:

But it does bring up a question for me....
My husband and I are both owners on our DVC contract: He is Purchaser and I am Additional Purchaser.
Since day one of our ownership, I am the one who registered on DVCmember.com, and I have done all the planning, booking, and payments of dues from that account.
He never even registered on DVCmember.com.

So just now when I got my digital ID card, it only created my card, not my husbands.
Does my husband have to register separately on DVCMember.com? Both members cannot share the same DVCMember.com account?
Doesn't he need a registration code to do this?

Thanks for any help!:flower3:
Yes, he needs his own account. We have 3 owners and all three have their own account. Keep in mind if he already has a Disney account, like MDE he uses the same log in. I like have the extra accounts. Recently I couldn't get into my account so logged into my husbands account with no problem and booked my reservation.

This is a waste of our money if they do it more than once. They could put a magnetic strip on them that is coded to your membership and if you sell they cancel the card just like a closed credit card. I love how they waste our dollars for rebranding.

You do realize that by doing this "They could put a magnetic strip on them that is coded to your membership and if you sell they cancel the card just like a closed credit card" would cost a whole lot more. Not just in the cost of the card, but the additional IT requirements. The additional data storage, managing and updating of the software, additional help desk personnel etc. etc.

Received mine in Florida. No magnetic strip, expiration date is 5 years, so I guess it's not going to be a yearly thing, but at least they won't have to honor really really old ones.

If I haven't received my new cards yet do I need to use the electronic one for a trip next week or can I just use my old card?

If I haven't received my new cards yet do I need to use the electronic one for a trip next week or can I just use my old card?

Although I think your dates are within the deadline period, to be safe, I would download the electronic version. I have heard the "drop dead" date on the old cards but can't recall for sure. It may be as early as Feb 1??

the print is smaller - so not happy that I can't see the number any longer without my reading glasses.

There is a card on the site you can screen shot right now. Not easy to find, but it's under the 25th info. It is only good until April 2016. It says to print or screen shot and it will be accepted.

facebook twitter