New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Are they absolutely certain that it’s going to be ready in a year from now?

At this point, nothing is certain. The only hard evidence comes from the DCL page saying summer 22 maiden. Nothing else except the ships name and atrium statue has been announced. Judging by the pictures of the work so far, and whats being stored in the other hall and whats being transported to MW, I dont have any doubts that the ship will be ready, by spring of next year at the latest. What Disneys plans are after the ship is done is anyones guess at the moment.

At this point, nothing is certain. The only hard evidence comes from the DCL page saying summer 22 maiden. Nothing else except the ships name and atrium statue has been announced. Judging by the pictures of the work so far, and whats being stored in the other hall and whats being transported to MW, I dont have any doubts that the ship will be ready, by spring of next year at the latest. What Disneys plans are after the ship is done is anyones guess at the moment.

Agree with everything you've said, but also the Dream is relocating to Miami in early June 2022... I take that as a hint they *think* it will be ready also.

Agree with everything you've said, but also the Dream is relocating to Miami in early June 2022... I take that as a hint they *think* it will be ready also.
I would change think to hope.

The 2 things I can think of is 1, DCL is contractually obligated to Miami at a certain point in time. They may not have a choice in moving the Dream. Otherwise they'll incur penalties for missed sailing similar to the original contract with PC. They had I think 450,000 in penalties from missed sailings from the Magic going to Cali. It was also a contract sticking point before the new one was signed and the reason the Dream class was tied by name to PC.
2nd is using June 1st as the Maiden, that's 14 months from now, with no sign of a release date. To date DCL hasn't gone less then 15 months release pre maiden.

I would change think to hope.

The 2 things I can think of is 1, DCL is contractually obligated to Miami at a certain point in time. They may not have a choice in moving the Dream. Otherwise they'll incur penalties for missed sailing similar to the original contract with PC. They had I think 450,000 in penalties from missed sailings from the Magic going to Cali. It was also a contract sticking point before the new one was signed and the reason the Dream class was tied by name to PC.
2nd is using June 1st as the Maiden, that's 14 months from now, with no sign of a release date. To date DCL hasn't gone less then 15 months release pre maiden.

All excellent points. Is there not currently a contract for # of sailings from PC at this point then also for summer 2022..?

My family wanted to try for Disney Wish in 2023... Then I made the mistake of showing them Oasis of the Seas, which I am supposed to sail on with friends in November... Now they want to do an Oasis Class instead and push back Disney Wish to 2024.

*Whyyyyyyyyyy!?!?*

We are also booked to do a cruise with friends on the Oasis in November! I was actually thinking to see how it goes and then book with the kids. I truly hope it sails. 🤞

All excellent points. Is there not currently a contract for # of sailings from PC at this point then also for summer 2022..?
There is a set number in place but it is lower the years past. I want to say 160. Might be lower. Which would 104 3/4 and 52 7s. The additional 4 is normally picked up by the Magic when she comes home from Europe. Its doable on DCLs part. I have to go back and find the previous contract to be sure. The number staedy went down over the course of the contract. The original contract had no wiggle room at all. Which is why DCL got penalized for sending the Magic to Cali initially on the early 2000s. They had to run 3/4s back to back and continous 7s or be in default. Until the Dream class came to be.

I know the original Miami contract was coming up, but I don't remember the dates off hand. Or if it was modified due to Covid.Last I heard, they were trying to renegotiate the terminal contract in Miami.

We are also booked to do a cruise with friends on the Oasis in November! I was actually thinking to see how it goes and then book with the kids. I truly hope it sails. 🤞

I hope so too!!! I noticed the Oasis class ships tend to be expensive ... and the (short) 4 nights we booked was pretty affordable (more or less 400$ USD each for Central Park View!) I would be sad to miss it.

What are those white cylinder things also on the barge? Is that part of the bridge? They look like they have ladders attached to them. Just curious.

The one on the left side, between the 2 pieces, is part of the radar mast, over the bridge, or the aft house. These 2 specific pieces, the smaller of the 2 would stack on top of the other I believe. I think it may be the aft one. The piece closest to the tug, is where the rudders mount to the hull. You can see the holes they would fit into on the corner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter