New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Besides the previously-suggested name of Disney Imagination, here are two more ship names that also pay homage to original pavilions at EPCOT’s Future World:
Disney Horizons and Disney Seas.

That way, all three new ships could honor Walt’s dream of EPCOT.

I added Disney Horizon/Horizons to page one.

No they sail out of Dover. On a lot of other cruise lines they sail out of Southampton, I think it's the more popular port choice?

I would LOVE to sail in and see the cliffs. We did a tour of Dover on the cliffs, but have yet to see them from the water. We have only sailed in and out of Southampton.

Actually, I rather like Disney Princess as a possible name. I have added it page one.

Just a little update out of Meyer Werft. They just announced RCCLs first steel cutting. In May of 18 was P and Os first steel Following that pattern, Id expect a DCL nb first cut around Septemberish.Maybe a little sooner. Average seems to be between 4-8 months between steel cuttings.

Looking at the webcams, the ship that's about done and closest to the door is the RCCL ship, the ship in front is NCLS with PandOs blocks next to both. Once the RCCL ship floats out, the NCL will move back and take her place with PandOs blocks taking her place. After that would be RCCLs next Quantum class with most likely DCL infront of her.

So the order in hall 2 should be

RCCL (Currently near completion )
NCL(infront of RCCL)
PandO (Blocks mixed in with NCLs next tot the drydock)
RCCL Quantum class
DCL newbuild #1

This is just a best guess but it's been working so far.

Last edited:
Just a little update out of Meyer Werft. They just announced RCCLs first steel cutting. In May of 18 was P and Os first steel Following that pattern, Id expect a DCL nb first cut around Septemberish.Maybe a little sooner. Average seems to be between 4-8 months between steel cuttings.

Looking at the webcams, the ship that's about done and closest to the door is the RCCL ship, the ship in front is NCLS with PandOs blocks next to both. Once the RCCL ship floats out, the NCL will move back and take her place with PandOs blocks taking her place. After that would be RCCLs next Quantum class with most likely DCL infront of her.

So the order in hall 2 should be

RCCL (Currently near completion )
NCL(infront of RCCL)
PandO (Blocks mixed in with NCLs next tot the drydock)
RCCL Quantum class
DCL newbuild #1

This is just a best guess but it's been working so far.

Thanks. So what are we looking at time wise?

Thanks. So what are we looking at time wise?

Let me finish cooking dinner and put on my thinking cap and confer with Figment and the Mad Hatter. jk.

In all seriousness, i'll put some thought into it and see if I can get something up tonight

Using this as a template this is what I would expect give or take based on a 17-18 month build time, from MW.
Note that from 2020 on, theres very few ships on the order list for MW, and this will also depend on what the contract calls for. IE a 2nd qtr delivery, 4th qtr delivery etc. Traditionally DCL has or planned to take delivery in the first 3-4 months of the year. However that can change.

(Sorry the board wont let me fix the spacing issues)

Name Hull # First steel Keel laid Float out River Conveyance Delivery Total Time to Delivery

Norwegian Bliss 707 10/28/16 5/24/17 2/3/18 3/9/18 4/19/18 18 months (17 to 18 months is average for MW)

Spectrum of the seas 700 8/15/17 11/8/17 Anyday March 4/00/19 Planned

Norwegian Encore 708 2/18/18 11/28/18 8/00/19 ballpark

P&O Iona 710 5/12/18 2020 planned

RCCL Odysey 713 2/2/19 Fall 2020 planned

DCL Triton#1 705 Aug-Nov 19 Jan-March 2021 Possibly.

P&O Iona #2 716 2022

DCL Triton#2 718 2022

DCL Triton#3 706 2023

Last edited:
Using this as a template this is what I would expect give or take based on a 17-18 month build time, from MW.
Note that from 2020 on, theres very few ships on the order list for MW, and this will also depend on what the contract calls for. IE a 2nd qtr delivery, 4th qtr delivery etc. Traditionally DCL has or planned to take delivery in the first 3-4 months of the year. However that can change.

I was watching a show that showcased MW and their building of cruise ships in particular. They actually floated out the ships and moved them near Bremerhaven to finish outfitting and prepare for sea trials. What I don't know is if this was in addition to the build time at Pappenburg or part of the total time.

I was watching a show that showcased MW and their building of cruise ships in particular. They actually floated out the ships and moved them near Bremerhaven to finish outfitting and prepare for sea trials. What I don't know is if this was in addition to the build time at Pappenburg or part of the total time.
I think I saw the same one. It was Mighty Cruise Ships, or Impossible engineering or something like that.
The Bremerhaven time is included in the build time. What happens is because the Eems is so shallow,and the tolerances between the ship and the river so tight, they do a really light load on the ship. If its not needed its not loaded to keep her draft low.All of the major items like beds, chairs, tables, are added in Bremerhaven, before the ship heads for her new home. Normally she might stop for fuel and some small items, then runs her builders trilas where every aspectof the ship is tested and adjusted until perfect. Then the ship is turned over. I forget which ship it was, but they had a propulsion issue and she need to be drydocked again. That was also included in the total build time, as a just in case. Most of the time, its not needed and the ship is turned over early.

Its called Mighty Ships Season 7 Episode 2 The Build and they talk about the Norwegian Breakaway coming out of MW. I have it and a few others dvred.

Its called Mighty Ships Season 7 Episode 2 The Build and they talk about the Norwegian Breakaway coming out of MW. I have it and a few others dvred.
I found it too. I like that the ship captain spends 18 months with the ship, sails it and says "bye guys"

I found it too. I like that the ship captain spends 18 months with the ship, sails it and says "bye guys"

If I remember correctly, he was promoted at some point and they gave him the maiden as a thank you so to speak.

Just off the top of my head, DCL has never been to St Lucia, Turks and Caicos, Antiqua/Barbuda among others.

We just got off a Winder cruise the left from San Juan that included a stop in Antigua. Have upcoming 8-night cruise on the Fantasy this October that will also stop there.

Wonder just stopped in St Lucia a couple weeks ago. Beautiful island. We did catamaran tour to the Pitons.

Wonder just stopped in St Lucia a couple weeks ago. Beautiful island. We did catamaran tour to the Pitons.
We just got off a Winder cruise the left from San Juan that included a stop in Antigua. Have upcoming 8-night cruise on the Fantasy this October that will also stop there.

These are fairly recent developments. There has been several times, prior to this year, where All 4 ships were here in Fl., and they did the exact same trips. Those were the perfect time to test different areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter