New Disney park in Branson?

Wonder if this means that charges will be laid for filing false information with the state office regarding the fictional name documents.. ??

Knox

I live in Branson, and grew up in Newton County I can't for the life of me understand why they think Branson is anywhere near Newton county lol
they are about 1.5 hours apart

Even if it's not Disney it will be HUGE for Newton county

Many of these rumors are partially true. Disney owns land all over the country. They are investments ad stages for future projects should they ever decide to branch out. Disney has money and makes really good decisions on land purchases.
Source? Proof?

Of course! Disney is being extra sneaky by "allowing" their involvement to be "discovered," then denying everything, so that now when land prices plummet they really will go out and snap up that prime Missouri property!!

I am sure if Disney was to go to any not hugely developed area. It would buy the entire town. I am sure they have learned from past succeful experiance if you are going to take a shot anywhere buy all the surrounding land.

Of course! Disney is being extra sneaky by "allowing" their involvement to be "discovered," then denying everything, so that now when land prices plummet they really will go out and snap up that prime Missouri property!!
what a unhappy person you must be in real life to be so arrogant and rude

Well when they were buying land in Flordia, they made up fake companies so why not this tiime??

HappyGirl:

I feel ya -- but this time around.. I just don't think it's Disney...

First off.. after this story broke... when the County Commissioner who could make or break a billion dollar development calls Disney corporate and asked "You guys up to anything in this county/state?" -- Disney said no according to the report. And they went on to say that none of the names listed were recognizeable to them corporately.

I suspect that lying to a county commissioner, while not a crime per-se, is an ill-advised way to start a major development in a new region.. Certainly it'd probably get you off on the wrong foot with him.

There's a thousand ways they could have answered that differently to leave the door open to them doing something without admitting anything. In fact, he could have been told, "Yeah we ARE doing something but don't talk about it please."

Then the Commish could have said to the media, I've talked to Disney and they're looking into exactly who these people are and they're going to get back to us. (Stalling tactic)

Instead, Disney said in pretty clear terms : "Nope, not us."

Knox

Rude, much?

:confused3

Rude...hardly just smarter than the average "land spec scheme and "Disney is opening a park in my state" story that gets posted here a couple of times a week....reguardless of how many "News outlets" pick the story up and print it without a ounce of proof.

Rude...hardly just smarter than the average "land spec scheme and "Disney is opening a park in my state" story that gets posted here a couple of times a week....reguardless of how many "News outlets" pick the story up and print it without a ounce of proof.

To be honest you are kind of a jerk, but then again so am I.......

I have merged the four threads on the Branson rumor into one. No need to have four separate threads on the same topic.

It also appears that we may be headed down the same the path as we did about a week ago regarding posting inappropraite comments and personal attacks. Let's keep the discussion civil here! I don't want to close down another thread this week. Many Thanks!

Seems like KC is quite the vacation destination of the future.

Schlitterbahn, the local Texas water park consistantly rated #1 in the US is building an entire resort there.

http://www.schlitterbahn.com/corp/media/vacation-village-factsheet.asp

I can tell you folks living up there are in for a treat.

I'm in KC and am really looking forward to the waterpark. Maybe I can get a summer job there :) It's only 15 minutes from my house, but I plan on driving the kids around during nap time until they fall asleep and then wake them up to tell them we are at our "vacation" hotel. The Treehaus Resort sounds REALLY cool. My only concern is I drove by the other day and not much of anything was going on at the spot. I knew they were building a waterpark there, but I had no idea how elaborate it is:

(From link above):
"The project includes a Schlitterbahn Water Resort for summer operation. It will be one of the world's largest tubing parks with miles of interconnected rivers and signature attractions such as the Master Blaster® uphill water coaster and Torrent River®.

The project also includes a large Interactive Marine Park with saltwater lagoons for snorkeling, helmet diving and touch pools.

A Riverwalk with lush foliage and winding walkways will feature destination shopping, dining and entertainment centered in a covered, year-round environment.

A Lodging package will include more than 1,800 accommodations including: a full-service hotel, waterfront cabins and the unique Treehaus Resort with elevated pods - all integrated within waterpark attractions.

I live in KC, too. With all these new Bass Pro Shops moving in, plus the proposed Schlitterbahn Vacation Village and Legoland theme parks, and also World of Fun/Oceans of Fun and Great Wolf Lodge, I'm barely going to be able to get enough rest to go to Disney! :coffee:

*Brian*

you would say that

What we really need is more use of this smilie. :confused3
Confused3 is the best smilie ever and I love it. I wish everyone used it all the time.

We could all post stuff like

I don't understand why you hate Disney so much. :confused3

I hope they don't build in Branson, because the comedy stylings of Yakov Smearnov are too adult for my children :confused3

How does our capitalist system work :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter