New Dining Rules

I have summarized all the information I could confirm about the upcoming PS changes on my website here: New PS Policy

As I was told..."this is all subject to change without notice." :teeth:

Originally posted by Disneymad
Well, I've heard too that this may be an on-site perk rather than just a package perk (though of course, I am no wiser than anyone else about this) - but if that is the case then I don't see how you can have the deposit required and still include DVC members as no money changes hands with those reservations.

Time will tell - we'll just have to be patient :)

From what I have read on other threads, the key will be a confirmation number that DVC Members get like any other onsite guest.

Wow! Reading through all these pages has made me late! Just wanted to let you know I spoke with Disney Dining this morning, I was working on some of my Epcot choices for my October trip. I asked the CM about the new policy since I was reading it at the time. She said that it is for pkg. holders 180 days and non-pkg holders 90 days. I asked about CRT and she said it is included and that I can call as of August 4 for my October trip. She also said my current priority seatings that I made for this trip will be upheld. I guess I'll wait and see if she was correct so I know whether to try to call for Cindy's on Monday.

Yes Crisi, I'm aware money does change hands with DVC - I am a DVC member myself :)

However, the initial outlay is in exchange for points not directly for a room, and the $600 a year is for maintenance - so you aren't buying anything with that money per se.

My point was that I can reserve a room thru DVC but I've not actually paid for it yet - that will only come when I actually stay in the room and they deduct the points from my account. Exactly the same as RO reservation with no cash deposit. If DVC bookings was to be comparable to paying a cash deposit, then they would have to deduct a rooms worth of points at the time of booking.

Yes Mitch, I'd get my confirmation number, I know that - I've never booked room only though...if you don't pay a deposit, don't you still get a confirmation number? I assumed you did - in which case the confirmation number wouldn't be enough if they are saying to qualify, a deposit needs to have been paid. If a deposit isn't needed, just the onsite reservation - then it's not a problem :)

I think I worded my earlier post badly, LOL

Originally posted by Disneymad
My point was that I can reserve a room thru DVC but I've not actually paid for it yet - that will only come when I actually stay in the room and they deduct the points from my account. Exactly the same as RO reservation with no cash deposit. If DVC bookings was to be comparable to paying a cash deposit, then they would have to deduct a rooms worth of points at the time of booking.

Penny,

I guess this is all in how you look at it. As soon as I call MS's, they deduct the points from my account. The points are now considered used, and if I ask for my account balance, it won't include any points that are already allocated. If I were to cancel that reservation, those points will be credited back to my account... just like someone who has a reservation through CRO/WDTC receives a refund in the form of a check or credit to their charge account. If you request a print out of your points balance, you'll see the credits back and forth if you've ever cancelled a reservation... it's one of the things that makes those things so blasted hard to follow
:p

Really? Thanks Hooked - I didn't realise that they physically deducted all the points when you reserve a room - I've never had to request a point statement and unfortunately I never have enough trips going on at the same time that I can't remember it all in my head!

Now let that all be a lesson to you in what happens when you just assume something ;)

So how many people who aren't sure which catagory they fall in and have a trip less than 180 days but more than 90 days are going to call Monday and try and get CRT????????

I don't know what to do. I am a DVC member with a trip in 121 days and was going to call Saturday for Chef Mickey's and next Tuesday for Storybook Princess (120 mark) but now I'm not certain I can call for Storybook because I think I'll probably be in the 90 day bracket! I'm SO confused....like everyone else is!

The dining line will be SO crazy on Monday!!

BeattyFamily,

Count me in that group. My 120 mark for my trip starts next Friday. I am not even sure yet if we want to do CRT, but if DVC members are included, I now only have a couple days to decide, instead of a couple of months. Hmmm, what to do, what to do.

Erika

We will be within 90 days of the beginning of our trip on Monday, but ideally want to do CRT on 11/5. We will not be within 90 days for that date.

I will be calling Monday to see if we can get in 11/1 as option two, but I would be thrilled to get the 11/5 instead!

I am just wondering how long we will have to be on hold???!!!

Laura

They have soo many rules, twists, turns & the like! How is one to navigate! UUUGGGHHH!

{taking a deep breath}:mad:

I'm calling on Monday for November 16 for CRT. I'll be at 102 days then. We'll see what happens. Thankfully, I can sit down here at my desk, keep the speaker phone going and DIS at that same time at 6am central time.

I'm in the <180,>90 group too. About 110 right now. CRO and DVC reservations. IF we're included, I'll be calling later on Monday or Tuesday. If I was trying to get CRT breakfast, I'm sure I'd be calling first thing but the only PSs I still need to make are for MK meals and Browm Derby for dinner. I don't think they'll be a big problem getting those.

I did call a few minutes ago to add two PSs and the gentleman who helped me said there was still no official word on whether the new policy would include those of us with WDW reservations but not through WDTC but he thought it would include us. Don't remember his exact words so don't want to try to quote him. He did say that they (Disney Dining CMs) didn't have official word yet.

Originally posted by beattyfamily
So how many people who aren't sure which catagory they fall in and have a trip less than 180 days but more than 90 days are going to call Monday and try and get CRT????????

I am in that group too! I have been following this thread, trying to make sense of everything.
I am currently booked through WDTC with a Disney Club code. We have APs so we are only have a "room only".

I am not sure to call on Monday morning or not (I can just imagine the WAIT!:rolleyes: ) There are only 3 character meals I am after, but one of them is CRT. I REALLY want that one BAD since last month we had to CANCEL ours because my son got sick :(

I wish Disney would give us more info so I know what to do on Monday!

I was supposed to call for CRT on Aug 8th; now I have to scramble like the rest of you and try on Aug 4th. I expect to be on hold a good long time. I just hope my ear can take the 'phone pressure'. :( I'll be making other PS's also (CP...).

Good luck to one and all!!!!
-karen

Wow - so many are worried about this and I wonder if it is really that big of a deal. It looks like the debate board. Sure, some of the PS may be gone before you try to make yours. I like planning out my days too, but geez, just because I can't get a PS doesn't necessarily mean I won't get into a restaurant (other than CRT which claims no walk ups accepted) I have been told that all PS are gone and then walked into the restaurant and gotten seated within 5 minutes. Correct me if I am wrong, but not all of the seats are booked on the PS system anyways...

I agree that the new plan seems to neglect other forms of patrons, other than pkg buyers. Don't forget, AP holders get more benefits (less than before) but most amortize the cost of their tickets over one or more trips, or save so much on their rooms that they pay for themselves. Being an AP holder previously, this is why I bought the APs. I always thought that the admissions savings alone was enough of an incentive. I can appreciate the AP and DVC customer loyalty, but I don't understand how they feel more important than the one time visitors. I do believe that all WDW resort guests should be treated equally.

I am only upset about the "principle of the thing." Perhaps there are more tactful ways for WDW to do things, but then again, to be fair to WDW, nothing "official" has been announced. Perhaps the business side of Disney is just showing too much these days and we all expect the worst. Each new announcement seems to compound the dissatisfaction.

Now, to get really flamed, how is this much different than concierge guests getting PS reservations before they are released to non-concierge guests... Sure, they pay extra for the service, but is this much different? Isn't that why CRT is sold out at 7:01 every day?

I think that everyone should try to keep this in perspective. I am ready to be flamed now - ;)

Disney Dining said that as long as you have booked reservation even if its DVC you can book 180 days in advance. I will be calling august 4th like everyone else.
Matt

Originally posted by Kaitysmom
I can appreciate the AP and DVC customer loyalty, but I don't understand how they feel more important than the one time visitors.

I do believe that all WDW resort guests should be treated equally.

I disagree with the first sentance...I don't see AP and DVC people saying they "feel more important than the one time visitors". I do see them upset if they are not part of the 180 day group and with GOOD reason. All I see is them voicing their opinions on the matter. They are confused and worried. I don't see how that is equal to them feeling more important than anyone else.

I do agree with your second sentance though.

I apologize - I have seen some posts at other times implying that Disney should be more worried about pleasing DVC and AP guests. No offense intended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter