New Dining Rules

Originally posted by Lewisc
....or charging an advance deposit for PS)

If WDW decides to charge an advance deposit for a PS, then the PS actually becomes a confirmed reservation does it not?

Originally posted by Scottwdw
NEW INFO: Looks like anybody booked at a WDW Resort will be
able to call 180 days in advance. This is not fully confirmed
yet so stay tuned!!!!! So, this should cover the above groups
I just mentioned but again, this is not confirmed.

Thanks Scott! This makes much more sense to me. Mickey

Well I guess those of us who support WDW on a regular basis can be pretty annoyed with this new policy.

As FL residents and AP holders we never do packages, why should we??? So, we're being punished for the discounts we get by being FL residents or AP holders?? Doesn't make sense.

I will be sure to send guest services an email to voice my feedback on this one.

It won't have much affect unless they promote it as a perk to purchasing a package through the travel company. But, then why would they change the policies if they weren't going to promote it as a perk??

I just think this is a real blow to the DVCers, AP holders and FL residents who consistently support WDW especially during it's "tough" times!

Hopefully we don't have all the info straight yet.

Can anyone suggest an email address so I can express my opinions regarding this new policy?

Many thanks!

Paul

With the breakdown now at only 180 days and 90 days, nothing in between, does that mean you can make PS for Magic Kingdom restaurants BEFORE the 60 day mark if you are a non-package guess?? I made PS's for all other restaurants already that were marked for 120 days, but the CRO told me that I couldn't make Magic Kingdom ressies until August 24th. Would that mean I could make them now??? If anyone knows, please respond as it is too late to contact Disney and I would be on the phone tomorrow if that is true. Thanks.

"It takes time and energy to research the most cost-effective way to travel to Disney. I don't think these folks should get a pity party because they don't do their research."

Who said anything about having a pity party for them?

I would hate to take away from the pity party that everyone else seems to be enjoying.

And FWIW, I AM a DVC owner.

Will this change my mind about buying a DVC? Not on its own. But it is one more reason added to a growing pile.

I was close to signing last Feb. But a nagging voice kept telling me that I was trying to buy into a Disney that had changed significantly.

I decided to wait a while, make another trip and see how things were. Since then, not one thing has happened that made me lean closer to buying. And way too many things have pushed me in the other direction.

There is a whole big world out there to explore. And I am thinking it is time I took the money I have cheerfully poured into Disney and have some adventures elsewhere.

I can hardly believe I am saying all this. But Disney has pushed me over the edge.

Originally posted by cinmell
I read somewhere that CRT is not included but I don't know if that's correct. Also, I was on the phone with a CM today making a PS for September and I asked about this new policy out of curiosity. She had no idea and hadn't heard of it. She asked if I had been reading some kind of Disney related websites :rolleyes: and I said yes. She said only believe what is on the official Walt Disney website but I've found deb's page to be pretty reliable in the past so I'm guessing the CM just didn't know about it yet.

I talked to a CM today too that said the exact same thing!! Well, almost. She actually said that she had read something about the new policy but didn't have detailed information. But the stuff about the Disney related website and only believe what you read on official sites blah blah blah is exactly the same. Oh ya, then she burped!! I'm not kidding, she burped really loud and didn't even say excuse me!! :eek:

Originally posted by truescorp
... but the CRO told me that I couldn't make Magic Kingdom ressies until August 24th. Would that mean I could make them now??? If anyone knows, please respond as it is too late to contact Disney and I would be on the phone tomorrow if that is true. Thanks.

Actually no. If this policy does go into effect next Modnay, you will be able to call then. Eventhough you would be inside the 90 day window, the new policy (if it actually happens) will take effect Monday, august 4th.

I wonder if people not booking a package with the Disney Travel Company will just make their ps when they get to the parks?

Well, I've heard too that this may be an on-site perk rather than just a package perk (though of course, I am no wiser than anyone else about this) - but if that is the case then I don't see how you can have the deposit required and still include DVC members as no money changes hands with those reservations.

Time will tell - we'll just have to be patient :)

I brought this up on the other thread, but maybe someone who's been following this one can tell me if this has been addressed. What about the Disney Dining Experience? It costs $75 and gives FL residents 20% off most sit-down rest. We were going to buy it this year, but now I don't know. I don't want to waste the money if I can't get the rest. I want or the times I want. Will we all be forced to at at 9pm?

If it does indeed end up including all on-site guests, can you imagine the phone lines on Monday morning? Any of us going in the next 6 months would be able to call for all of our PS's??? Wouldn't want to be working the phones that day.

Erika

Well I can tell you that since we won't know what the policy is going to be, I am going to make an assumption and call for Cindy's for my next trip in November and see what happens. I anticipate a lonnnnnnng wait on the phone, but I think we'll see what they say when I get a live person.

I hope it is for all on-site guests rather than just those with a package.

However, if it is for all on-site guests I guess I had better make my reservation because my 180 days will be coming up in about a week! :eek: I thought I had more time to plan!!!

There is more info on www.orlandotripplanner.com on the restaurants and resorts message board. Apparently disney is still working on this policy and they may do something that includes DVC, AP holders and the like. I wouldn't panic until all the facts are out - but it doesn't look good for us "savers".

Where are people sending their emails to "complain" about the new PS policy? I know it's not official, but I would like to give them my 2 cents before it becomes official. I plan on reminding/educating them a little bit about the lifetime value of customers such as annual passholders and DVC members. I'm both and figure over the next 39 years, I would spend in the hundreds of thousands of dollars at WDW. Seems that should be part of their analysis in making this decision. I really don't think it's fair, that as such high value customers, we should not have access to such special events as Cinderalla's breakfast and Illuminations cruises. I agree with many others that we probably won't be affected as much in making reservations for other events.

Honestly, once we arrive on property we never leave. We eat almost all meals out and, in general, spend a tremendous amount of money. On my last annual pass, I had 31 park entrances over the course of a year - and I live in Virginia!!!

Will I still come to WDW if they make this change - yes. Will I eat 100% of my meals on property - no. Will my lifetime value as a customer to WDW decline - most definitely.

Originally posted by Disneymad
but if that is the case then I don't see how you can have the deposit required and still include DVC members as no money changes hands with those reservations.
[/B]

Money does change hands - the ultimate deposit of $12,000+ (currently) when you buy in and then a minimum of around $600 a year for dues (about $4 a point for each point you own). Money just doesn't change hands at the point in time the reservation is made.

(This is not meant to sound snotty or snobbish - as in ha ha, DVC members have money to give to Disney up front - and because we have a lot of money we should get treated better. Just to clarify that money has changed hands between DVC members and Disney and continues to do so every year).

Right now the choice PS go to people who are willing and able to set up a tickler file and make an early am phone call. Not necessarily fair to people in different time zones or whose work schedule doesn't permit phone calls at that time. Currently people making PS don't have to be staying on Disney property, don't have to have firm trip plans and (for the most part) don't have any cancellation penalties or depost requirements.

It certainly makes sense to me if Disney wants to allocate SOME of the restaurant tables to people who don't do all their own planning and want to book a package. I think a person booking a package (hotel, tickets and one of the meal packages) certainly has a right to expect they'll be able to get reasonable PS.

Someone recently posted a survey they completed regarding a few new meal plans disney was considering. I'd have no trouble giving some REASONABLE extra consideration to guests booking these plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter