New Contract, Diff Resort, Same UY - MA accidentally gave me a new member ID#

stwaldman

Mouseketeer
Title says it all, I think my new contract should have attached to my old member ID #. I sent an email to member administration, but does anybody have experience with this happening? Was it easy to fix?

Title says it all, I think my new contract should have attached to my old member ID #. I sent an email to member administration, but does anybody have experience with this happening? Was it easy to fix?

Was the title (names on the deed) the same as your previous membership. That would be another reason to be assigned a different membership #.

When you sent the paperwork, did you make sure your current member number was listed?

If you did, then it was missed and I am sure it can be corrected. The one thing about names is that sometimes a middle initial on one and not on the other can cause this..i at one point thought it didn’t matter but found out it might.

When we bought direct and got all the paperwork, only DH's name was on everything.

We called about it and quickly got a corrected set with profuse apologies.

It very easily could have been a mistake. I suggest calling MS if you haven't already.

When we bought direct and got all the paperwork, only DH's name was on everything.

We called about it and quickly got a corrected set with profuse apologies.

It very easily could have been a mistake. I suggest calling MS if you haven't already.
I have an email out to MA, seems reasonable to give them a shot to fix on their own time before I bug through a call. But glad its not unheard of, and more importantly is fixable through MS/MA. I'm guessing somebody forgot to pass along the Member ID # (which was in our paperwork) but who knows.

I'd still call them.

It's uncertain how many CMs they may have sorting out emails. I'm betting they get volumes of those.

Chat is very responsive when it's staffed, we've found.

Your choice, of course.

I'd still call them.

It's uncertain how many CMs they may have sorting out emails. I'm betting they get volumes of those.

Chat is very responsive when it's staffed, we've found.

Your choice, of course.
Ha, chat punted me to email. I think member IDs might be above their pay grade or at least this cast member felt as much

My understanding is a different resort and/or UY will kick off a different membership number. I have five memberships across four resorts, each with their own membership number even with everything being titled exactly the same.

My understanding is a different resort and/or UY will kick off a different membership number. I have five memberships across four resorts, each with their own membership number even with everything being titled exactly the same.
Different resorts with the same UY and same owners can be under one membership. We own at AKV & BLT and have one membership number.

Not sure why this is that way for you. We have two different resorts under our Dec UY membership which has DH and I as owners and two resorts in our Aug UY membership with DH and I along with our adult kids.

So, more than one resort can be the same membership as long as they are the same owners and UY.

Different resorts with the same UY and same owners can be under one membership. We own at AKV & BLT and have one membership number.

Not sure why this is that way for you. We have two different resorts under our Dec UY membership which has DH and I as owners and two resorts in our Aug UY membership with DH and I along with our adult kids.

So, more than one resort can be the same membership as long as they are the same owners and UY.

Interesting; we weren't given that option, and while others may not agree, I really benefit from having multiple memberships due to time of year for travel as well as waitlists and OTUP limits. I do have multiple contracts at the same resort rolled into one UY, but every other purchase generated a new membership number. Out of curiosity, if you have multiple resorts in the same membership, which resort banner appears for you on the dashboard?

Haven't seen this mentioned yet. This could happen if you deeded to Mickey Mouse and Mickey A. Mouse.

Interesting; we weren't given that option, and while others may not agree, I really benefit from having multiple memberships due to time of year for travel as well as waitlists and OTUP limits. I do have multiple contracts at the same resort rolled into one UY, but every other purchase generated a new membership number. Out of curiosity, if you have multiple resorts in the same membership, which resort banner appears for you on the dashboard?

I see all the resorts for thst membership when looking at the points.

The picture shows whichever trip is happening first.

I agree that it may have happened because something about the names were wrong.

but Resort A and Resort B had the same owners, titled with the same names, and are same UY, they should have been put in the same membership.

Each of my deeds are titled exactly the same (names, order of names, etc.). I am so curious now!

Were the new memberships because of different UY's? That or different ownership is the only reasons a new membership would normally occur.

Were the new memberships because of different UY's? That or different ownership is the only reasons a new membership would normally occur.
I have five different UYs (Feb, Jun, Sep, Oct, Dec), each UY generated a new membership number.

Each of my deeds are titled exactly the same (names, order of names, etc.). I am so curious now!
3 resorts, 8 contracts, one UY: one membership number here. Only different owner names or different use years will trigger a new membership number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter