New Coffee Maker Pods?

We are staying at CSR the end of April and both DH and I are coffee drinkers and always bring our own coffee with since we are very particular about our coffee. I like strong coffee so not sure I would like the ones they leave in the rooms.

Does anyone know if they have these new coffee pots in the rooms there? It's not worth it to me to buy a lot of these pods if they do have them since we have a Keurig at home and wouldn't be able to use them up.

coffee maker at Boardwalk?

Did someone say they use the pods? If so, can I still just run hot water through it? I was hoping to use the hot water for oatmeal in the AM.

Also, we were going to bring starbucks coffee down with us. Does that mean we won't be able to? DH likes his coffee very strong...he uses the darkest roast they make & adds a shot of espresso so I don't think he'll be too thrilled with the pods..

I've been trying to track down the model details of the new coffee machines, but can't see anything on the cusinart website which matches these two-cup machine shown in the latest in-room photos - does anyone know the specific type?

Andre

I asked at the Port Orleans website forum if all of the rooms have the new coffee makers ie Kuerig... The moderator said just in the referb rooms right now so it is a hit or miss if our room has one or not!

The pods have invaded the Beach Club and Yacht Club resort rooms, too!

Here's some info and pictures from the Y&BC FAQ thread:

What kind of coffeemakers are in the resort rooms?

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

coffeemakerRorey-1.jpg
coffeemakercloseupcinderumbrella-1.jpg
coffeepacketscinderumbrella-1.jpg

Thanks for the photos, Rorey and Cinderumbrella!

Please note that the suites reportedly have Keurig k-cup machines.

The coffee makers in the Beach Club Villa rooms are Mr. Coffee-type (drip) coffee makers. I think the 2 BR and 1 BR BCV kitchenettes have a 10 cup machine and the BCV studios have a 4 cup carafe.

Yep, Port Orleans is switching to those Cuisinart Double Pod Machines. Oddly though, I can't find this type of machine on the Cuisinart website.

Andre

Hmmm...we have a Senseo machine we never use that was an Xmas present years ago. Thus, we also have a lot of pods. I wonder if those things ever expire...could use them at BWI this fall.

I have had a Senseo for many years, and the pods have become very difficult to track down unless you order online. I have been able to consistently find them at Kohl's and Woodman's (a Wisconsin grocery chain).

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

coffeemakerRorey-1.jpg
coffeemakercloseupcinderumbrella-1.jpg

Yes, the above are the machines being gradually installed at Port Orleans too - but the closest I can find online to this is Cuisinart's model below, which is a more 'rounded' design and does not appear to have the two stop/start buttons on the top:

1262641099-doubleSS.jpg

(also in black, http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-Commercial-2-cup-Coffeemaker-Black/dp/B001BL8WBG)

So has anyone been able to find that particular model/type that is showing up in Disney rooms?

Andre

Are the senso pods the same as the tassimo pods. Our daughter has a tassimo and lots of pods. Wonder if they would work

Are the senso pods the same as the tassimo pods. Our daughter has a tassimo and lots of pods. Wonder if they would work

No, these are not Tassimo T-Discs, nor are they Keurig K-Kups, they are Pods. They're round and soft. Senseo brand works, as does Melitta, Lavazza, etc. Amazon has a few you can order that will work.

Hmmm...we have a Senseo machine we never use that was an Xmas present years ago. Thus, we also have a lot of pods. I wonder if those things ever expire...could use them at BWI this fall.

I would not... I switched from Senseo to Keurig a year ago and one reason I did is the Senseo pods got stale - quickly once the pouch was opened, and even in a few months when the pouch stayed unopened.

The pods are not individually sealed and coffee really only has a shelf life of a few months when kept sealed.

I would not... I switched from Senseo to Keurig a year ago and one reason I did is the Senseo pods got stale - quickly once the pouch was opened, and even in a few months when the pouch stayed unopened.

The pods are not individually sealed and coffee really only has a shelf life of a few months when kept sealed.

I really dislike the Senseo pods. We bought some at Wegmans to get us through until our online order came through, and the quality was terrible. I found the coffee to be awfully weak. If you read the instructions for Senseo it says one pod is good for a measly 4 ounces of water and if you want a stronger cup to use 2 pods...

I have had a Senseo for many years, and the pods have become very difficult to track down unless you order online. I have been able to consistently find them at Kohl's and Woodman's (a Wisconsin grocery chain).

Love Woodman's - they have everything. I have a Keurig and get the k-cups there now, their prices match the online prices. I will check there for the pods. I was going to buy an extra Keurig (on sale this week at Target) and store it in an OL but I will give this new coffee maker a try first. Thanks

Hmmm,
Thanks guys for this information,
I come here for getting such solution of mine problem and I got it due to this topic thanks for it.

Silly question :cool1:
Don't they refill the pods during your stay? Or why do you bring the pods with you?
As we come from Germany I guess we are not allowed to bring "food" with us:confused3

Greets from Germany

Silly question
Don't they refill the pods during your stay? Or why do you bring the pods with you?
As we come from Germany I guess we are not allowed to bring "food" with us

Greets from Germany

Not a silly question, mousekeeping will replenish your pods as you use them or you can leave a note or call down to mousekeeping to have them leave a bunch for your stay.

Sorcerina... I would bring my own pods for the different flavored coffee's! That is the only reason!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter