New Beauty & Beast Castle TS open late June 2012 !

if it's operated by Disney (and I believe it is - there are no third party restaurants in MK), the restaurant will be on the dining plan as soon as it opens. This year, almost all of the third party restaurants are on DDP as well.

:thumbsup2

If their "big announcement" is about just one restaurant it's going to be pretty anticlimactic.

could this be the "big announement" coming NYE?????????

If their "big announcement" is about just one restaurant it's going to be pretty anticlimactic.

Agree - totally disappointing if this is the announcement. Some of the posters in the threads about the NYE announcement have posted reasons to believe it's related to the leap day and a special promo, so I think we can count out any new Fantasyland expansion news.

We have a October trip planned and cannot wait for this TS, although I hope it is character dining :) we are aprox. 100 days out from being able to make ADRs I hope we an make one for " Be our Guest"

I think for any "educated" WDW traveller, like the people who regularly visit the Disboards, whatever announcement they come up with will be anticlimactic and/or something we've already heard rumors of. Exact dates/details/etc., of the Fantasyland open (including the restaurant) could be an important enough thing for them to push on the masses on NYE.

I understood the CM's comment totally differently- by "opening the ADRs in June" I thought that would mean booking- therefore the restaurant still may not open until later- as late as Dec. Did anyone else read it that way?

I can't wait! I love Beauty and the Beast and it's going to be so awesome to be able to eat in the castle! :goodvibes We'll be there next fall so I hope we can score an ADR.

I understood the CM's comment totally differently- by "opening the ADRs in June" I thought that would mean booking- therefore the restaurant still may not open until later- as late as Dec. Did anyone else read it that way?

Agree with you. It will be great if they can open it by June, but I have some doubts about the accuracy of what this particular CM stated. Every recent update I've read about the timeline for the Fantasyland expansion has placed the restaurant to be open in "Late 2012", and considering how frequently the phone ressie CMs are misinformed, I think it makes more sense that the ADR window will open in June rather than the restaurant itself.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/12/13/disney-worlds-be-our-guest-restaurant-to-open-in-late-2012/

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2622159

Added: Ok, I take back what I just wrote. Just saw this - which suggests that Summer 2012 could very well be a realistic timeline for the restaurant as well as the Under the Sea ride.

http://d23.disney.go.com/news/2011/12/zooming-into-2012/

Wait. I'm confused. When they say that ADRs will be available late June does that mean they will open the restaurant in late June or you can start making ADRs in late June for a reservation later in the year?

IF there are no "live" characters at the TS I'm having trouble understanding the "draw" of eating there (for TS) and spending the $$. To me you can still get the experience of eating there via the CS at lunchtime and spend a lot less $$$.

If Belle, the Beast and some other characters are there I can see it being a big draw.

Hopefully, the food served at the new Beauty & Beast restaurant will warrant the inevitable infuse of diners seeking a new and interesting culinary experience. I think a character dining option would be great on one hand, but it seems a lot of people are just looking for a good/elegant dining experience option in general.

Hopefully, the food served at the new Beauty & Beast restaurant will warrant the inevitable infuse of diners seeking a new and interesting culinary experience. I think a character dining option would be great on one hand, but it seems a lot of people are just looking for a good/elegant dining experience option in general.

THIS! :thumbsup2 I would love to have a TS dinner option that kept me in MK at night instead of always going to dinner at a resort.

I think Disney wants another huge cash cow like Cindy's Royal Table that is totally booked at 180 days. I will eat there once, but I think the food will be like CRT, nothing great.

Since they won't be serving wine, that food needs to be exemplary.

If it's a character meal it will likely be fixed price. All character meals are fixed price. If there's no live characters, we have a shot at it being a la carte, and another a la carte TS option would be great at MK (the only ones currently are the Plaza and LTT lunch). As I don't attend character meals anymore (part of the reason for that is that Disney knows guests are paying for the characters and they don't have to provide really great food) I am hoping for no live characters and better food.

as for the OP's reference to what the CM said:

to paraphrase Bill C----it depends on what your definition of "opening" is....:rotfl2:

HEY OP!!!! HELP US OUT!!!! open for rezzies in june or open for business????
:love:

:thumbsup2 We never eat a TS at MK. The options just aren't good enough. We're not interested in characters, but we are interested in good food. Beauty & the Beast is one of my fave Disney movies ever, so the location appeals to me.

We'll try it once, even if it is another blasted character meal, or even worse, a buffet. I'm hoping it'll be a new repeat meal for us though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!