New Beauty & Beast Castle TS open late June 2012 !

I hope there are characters - how exciting.
With 500 seats and 3 rooms - lots of ADR's to be had.

My DD was "chip" in her school production of Beauty and the Beast.
Such a geat memory.
Beauty and the Beast is our must do show in DHS.

Thanks for the FANTASTIC news. I don't care if it is two TS credits, sign me up for December!!

Try the grey stuff it's delicious. Don't believe me ask the dishes!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Thanks for the FANTASTIC news. I don't care if it is two TS credits, sign me up for December!!

Try the grey stuff it's delicious. Don't believe me ask the dishes!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Thats music to Disney's ears.:laughing: I won't be eating there if it is a 2 TS credit. They can have it, but I will be there for a CS credit.

Oooh, I'm excited! We had ruled out any character meals for next year (kids are gonna do a pirates cruise and wonderland tea party instead), but depending on the menu, I might change my mind for this. ;)

I have read that it will have characters from Beauty & The Beast, and it will have three separate dining rooms with different scenes from the movie. I am also willing to bet that will most definitely be on the CC guarantee list. I will be interested to hear if it will be 2 TS credits or not.

I read somewhere that it will not be actual characters but will have an animatronic Lumiere much like Remy. I would also be surprised if it is 2 credits because that just seems excessive with CRT literally right around the corner.

I read somewhere that it will not be actual characters but will have an animatronic Lumiere much like Remy. I would also be surprised if it is 2 credits because that just seems excessive with CRT literally right around the corner.

I hope you're right. With Crystal Palace and CRT, MK has enough character meals. It needs some regular TS restaurants for people who don't want the characters. Right now all it has is Tony's, the Plaza, and LTT, none of which we particularly care for. If we want TS we usually leave and go to one of the resorts. It'd be nice to be able to stay in the park.

I read that it will have the animatronic Lumiere as well, but the article also gave the impression it will have live characters too. I'm guessing Belle, maybe even the Beast. It didn't explicitly say that though so I guess we'll see!

I think you're right. As of a few months ago, it was definitely not slated to have live characters, just the animatronic Lumiere. I was told this directly from a Disney rep during some training I attended in August. The issue is actually how the restaurant is funded. Apparently each restaurant "pays" for its characters out of its overall budget and this one isn't slated to have live characters in the budget or it wasn't as of late summer.

According to what is going around there will be no costume characters, just possibly animatronics on the order of Remy, now appearing at Chefs de France. Not confirmed though.There is also no DDP credit info yet.

I was wondering if they'd even put it on the 2012 dining plan?
It's the only way we'd be able to do it!

if it's operated by Disney (and I believe it is - there are no third party restaurants in MK), the restaurant will be on the dining plan as soon as it opens. This year, almost all of the third party restaurants are on DDP as well.

I just started a new thread on this because I didn't see this one.. :rolleyes1 so I am very sorry about that. We are also VERY interested in the details of this for our August 2012 trip.. :thumbsup2

I'd like to see a high quality restaurant in MK along the lines of Hollywood Brown Derby & Le Bistro. Unfortunately, I'm not really expecting that to happen, since MK restaurants can't serve alcohol. Most high quality restaurants do. I wish they'd surprise me though. If not, I'd settle for a restaurant with similar quality to most of the Epcot WS restaurants.

I am so excited....Beauty and the Beast is my all time favorite Disney movie and I am so getting an ADR for our September trip:cool1:. I can't wait to see all of the updates on this and also the menu :goodvibes.

I made our 180 day ADR's today.

The CM said since we arrive in late June into 4th of July weekend, she said to look out for annoucements about the 500 seat Beauty and Beast restaurant.

The CM said they heard a late June 2012 opening. :goodvibes

I hope we can eat there on June 30th. We have not picked a place to eat dinner that night.

From another website, it says:
"Turns out the restaurant, which will be located in the Beast’s Castle will serve as a 552 seat quick service, casual lunch spot, until dinner time when cast members will transform the restaurant into an elegant, full-service restaurant"

Anyone else hear about the opening date of the 500 seat Beauty and Beast restaurant ?
I hope i get to eat here some day. Hopefully in two years:lmao:

I sure that the anticipated opening date is accurate!
We arrive at the poly on July 4th!
Looking forward to updates
Annabug

I sure Hope that the anticipated opening date is accurate!
We arrive at the poly on July 4th!
Looking forward to updates
Annabug

I contacted Disney Dining yesterday and asked when they anticipated the opening of the restaurant, and was told they have not been given any information. When I told the cast member what the OP heard, he put me on hold to go check. When he came back he said they didn't know yet. :confused3 I sure hope it's opens sooner rather than later. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter