New and Improved Introduce Yourself and Post a pic thread!

Live: Wisconsin, about an hour and 15 min from: Green bay, Appleton, and Wausau. Go ahead and triangulate that.

My grandparents live in Clintonville, but it's only like an 50 mins from Wausau, and only like 35-40 mins from Green bay and Appleton so I totally can't figure this out. LOL

clintonville is about 15-20 min southeast of me. the reason it is easier for clintonville to get to those towns is easier access to highways. I am really in the middle of nowhere. (hint: I am on one of the two tribal reservations and that is as close to knowing where I am you are getting) :thumbsup2

p.s. google maps says I am 41 min from Clintonville, but I know it doesn't take me that long to get there. *shrugs*

p.s. google maps says I am 41 min from Clintonville, but I know it doesn't take me that long to get there. *shrugs*

Google maps is never right for anything in that area, though that could be because unless you get stuck behind a farm vehicle, no one goes anywhere near the speed limit. ;)

Google maps is never right for anything in that area, though that could be because unless you get stuck behind a farm vehicle, no one goes anywhere near the speed limit. ;)

you mean, back roads don't have a speed limit of 65 to 80 mph?! :rolleyes1

Hello everyone! My name is Karla, fiance is Emily & we have a beautiful 10 yr old daughter. We are from Central Florida & are actually about 30 min from Disney. We are season passholders & try to go to the parks at least twice a month. I'm a former Cast Member & miss it very much (trying to get back in, but it's kinda hard right now).

We are going to our first Gay Days on June 5th, can't wait. :woohoo:

I'm in the blue, Emily is in the white. Taken last year at the Epcot Flower & Garden Show.

c81267a1915a3c5f08d53453e7b11c0b5889946a-1.jpg

Hi, I'm Randy.

Username: Gaellon is a character in a story I wrote... almost 20 years ago now; I've used it as my online handle ever since. I added the Dr when I earned the title in 1997 - I'm a general internist and hospitalist just north of NYC (I still practice at my alma mater), and I'm also on the faculty in the School of Medicine.

My boyfriend David is a bartender/waiter, currently between jobs. Now that I've got my 10, I'll edit in a pic. I'm the bear in black, David is the hottie in red.
Valentines2011-vi930.jpg

I've been a Westgate owner for the past 4 years; last year, they talked me into an upgrade to the Vacation Villas and Town Center, just south of Animal Kingdom, so this will be the first year I'm staying at that location. This will be my 6th Gaydays, but David's first.

We both invited a horde of friends - who all bailed out over the last month, so we're traveling alone. David is rather disappointed and would love to make a crowd of friends to hang out and explore with. We're going to Riptide at Typhoon Lagoon, but not to any of the other parties.

We arrive on Thursday June 2, and have dinner reservations at Raglan Road at Downtown Disney. We have dinners planned out at all four Disney parks (other than Saturday at MK, we are NOT following the "recommended schedule," thank you very much!) and reservations for 6 (like I said, lots of cancellations), so if anyone wants to meet us/hang with us, we'd love to have you. We're planning at least one day of doing not very much, and two days at Universal (I want to see Harry Potter!). We return to NYC on Friday June 10.

Speaking of which, if anyone's IN New York and wants to meet ahead of time, we'd be open to that idea, too.

Welcome DrGaellon :flower3:
Doctor! Doctor, it hurts when I do this... :laughing:

Hi I thought it was about time I introduced myself! I'm Greg and I am a general surgeon-in-training in Dayton, OH. I'm a veteran of about 30 trips to WDW and inherited DVC from my parents. Here's a pic of me and my partner Billi (I'm between Russell and Dug):

web.jpg

We are doing our FIRST trip to Gay Days this year! Will be staying at AKL Kidani Villas June 1-6 with some friends from Central Florida (one of whom is a WDW cast member in a live show). We plan to go to all the parks on the planned days as well as Riptide at Typhoon Lagoon. Dinner plans include Boma on June 2, 50's Prime Time Cafe on June 3, and lunch at Liberty Tree before the parade on June 4! Hope to see some of you around, maybe while "drinking around the world" at Epcot on June 5! :thumbsup2:

Welcome, Greg! You guys should join us at Victoria Falls at AKL for drinks on Friday night! I think we're gathering 9 PMish, and last year some of the boys were still there after the bartenders went home! :rotfl2:

There are several of us staying at AKL/V - mostly at Jambo. :)

Hi all, so, I am Patrick from the Netherlands, doing my second trip to gaydays, but my 1st one on my own. I work as a flight attendant for a Dutch airline;-)

I intend to visit MK on saturday for sure, for the rest I don't no as of yet. Any suggestions? I will be in Orlando from June 1st till June 6th.

And this is me . Taken last year at Epcot:-)

037f214afb13429bbfe87c73bf.jpg

Hi all, so, I am Patrick from the Netherlands, doing my second trip to gaydays, but my 1st one on my own. I work as a flight attendant for a Dutch airline;-)

I intend to visit MK on saturday for sure, for the rest I don't no as of yet. Any suggestions? I will be in Orlando from June 1st till June 6th.

Welcome, Patrick! :goodvibes

The "designated" parks for Gay Days are AK on Thursday, Hollywood Studios on Friday, MK on Saturday, Epcot on Sunday.

Check out the Gay Days thread for planned events. There are also some separate threads for different gatherings.

We don't arrive until Friday, but we'll be meeting everyone for drinks that night at Animal Kingdom Lodge. A lot of us have breakfast reservations Saturday morning at Crystal Palace. Saturday after the parade we are meeting for Dole Whips in Adventureland (4 PM). Last year I think we had about 40 people at the Dole Whip meet. Sunday we have a group drinking around the world at Epcot beginning at noon in Mexico.

There are several dining reservations where people have extra seats, so feel free to join those.

Sounds good, I plan to arrive on Wednesday,, depending on available flights out of Amsterdam:-) Sofar I intend to stay at one of the co-host hotel for the gaydays, Most likely the Hawthorn suites. I stayed at the host hotel last year, but it was a bit too noisy:-) Are the any boards, where one can sign up for the planned meetings?

Then don't do that, duh. :rolleyes: :rotfl:

You must know mom, that was her answer to everything when I was a kid.

Me "Mom, it hurts when I breathe"

Mom "Well don't breathe"

My mom was such a loving parent when I had a cold! LOL

So, I'm Tammie. My online name is gaelic for "celebration". That was what my life felt like (somedays) when I first came out.

I live with my partner. We have been together for 5 years. Part of that was a long distance relationship, but real all the same. She moved here last summer when she was finally able to come to me.

I have three beautiful children who I love with all my heart. Even on the days I would like to throttle the charming little darlings.

We are in the process of planning our first trip to WDW. I can't wait to be able to tell the kids and see their faces. It will be a first for everything for them. We will be flying from Nova Scotia and they had not even ever been on a plane, let alone to a huge theme park. They are little country bumkins. We live in a village of about 500 people.

I love Mickey!! He's the only man I would ever consider marrying these days.

It is way past my bedtime, so when I am able, I will add more info.

Is the "drink around the world" being discussed here separate from the one one being run by the Let's Go Play folks? I'm not much of a partier, but David is, so I treated him to tickets for the T-dance at Epcot on Sunday, which includes an "around the world" event, also Sunday at 2pm.

Are folks meeting at AKL for drinks Friday, then going over to Typhoon Lagoon, or is that instead of Riptide? (We have 5:50 dinner reservations at Fulton's, then figured we would hit the resort to shower and change before a 9-ish arrival at the party.)

Is the "drink around the world" being discussed here separate from the one one being run by the Let's Go Play folks? I'm not much of a partier, but David is, so I treated him to tickets for the T-dance at Epcot on Sunday, which includes an "around the world" event, also Sunday at 2pm.

Are folks meeting at AKL for drinks Friday, then going over to Typhoon Lagoon, or is that instead of Riptide? (We have 5:50 dinner reservations at Fulton's, then figured we would hit the resort to shower and change before a 9-ish arrival at the party.)

Drink Around the World is our own group. We are starting at noon in Mexico. DH and I don't drink much and DS is only 15, so we are starting with the group then probably bailing at Germany when they break for lunch.

Cocktails at AKL start at 9 PM. I do think there are some folks going to Riptide, but I don't know if they are stopping by AKL first. I guess the ones staying at AKL might grab a drink before they head out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter