New and Improved Introduce Yourself and Post a pic thread!

Okay, I don't think I have posted here yet. I think I was waiting till I knew for sure how to post photos and now I do.

Name: Scott
Username: I am a single parent, thus single dad.
Live: Wisconsin, about an hour and 15 min from: Green bay, Appleton, and Wausau. Go ahead and triangulate that.
Hometown: Milwaukee, WI (all of Milwaukee county actually) but I spent 5 years in Zion, IL
Dating Status: Ready! (Long story though, legally married, other have left me and our daughter years and years ago.)
Favorite Disney Park: Magic Kingdom, although I suspect if I had a the opportunity to spend a day in Epcot alone that would be the one (world showcase)
Favorite Character: This is much to hard to answer. I do love Mulan. But I love so many others as well.

Other info not included: I am transgendered FtM, and am pansexual. I don't care what is or isn't in your pants, nor what gender you identify as, I go for personalities.

Also, I have multiple medical problems including mental health ones... I have a lot of the traits assocated with aspergers and social rules/stuff is far from my forte. So, I do run on and on, and never know where to stop. I also may come off as rude, when I don't mean to be. Please feel free to PM me at any time if you think I said something wrong, or if you have a question about anything (I am very open!)

that said, here is me, DD and Belle in june 2010.

28120_10150191607730584_663425583_12926883_1222976_n.jpg

Preface: I tend to lie on the paranoid side--I have to admit I feel a bit apprehensive about posting my name or photos of myself right now, but I do want to reintroduce myself!

My username is jiminy.cricket because Jiminy Cricket was taken when I registered with Disboards last year. I would have chosen Jiminy Cricket because he is the quintessential (understated) Disney park icon. I think my parents used to quote him and remind me to "always let my conscience be my guide". Integrity and ethics are important to me. The name is also mildly related to a quirky, not-so-family-friendly penchant of mine--that's for another time and place.

I'm currently located in suburban Chicagoland, although I'm sensing I might need to change that at some point. I feel stifled, but I may just need to meet more people. I grew up in Kentucky, moved to North Carolina for school, Florida for a Disney College Program (Woot!), and eventually to Illinois after school in desperate search of employment.

I still consider myself new to the "real world" (I feel like a late arrival to reality). I am 25 years old, happily single, and constantly trying to decide what to do with my life. I wish I could bring some of the magical joy of Disney to the rest of the world!

Walt Disney World wouldn't be the same were any of the parks missing, but Epcot and the surrounding resort area hold a special place in my heart. It has so much detail, beauty, ambience, optimism, free stuff, and space to breathe! Some of my best memories as a kid involve strolling around World Showcase at night. *Sigh*. It is such fun and relaxed place, almost like a well-kept secret. The other parks are more epic for me, but they're not quite Epcot.

I can't think of an absolute favorite Disney film, but my list would include: Bedknobs and Broomsticks, The Parent Trap, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Aladdin, Mary Poppins. My favorite Disney character has always been Pluto. I admire his loyalty, and he was always the friendliest character at the parks or breakfast! Tigger came in at a second for enthusaism, though.

I joined the boards sometime last year. Sometimes I binge and sometimes I forget to sign on. My disboards time comes in waves. I hope to be a litlte more consistent this year!

Howdy y'all, my name is Rick and I am a stalker, er... infrequent poster! :cool2:

Since I like the form...

Occupation: Systems Engineer (I make servers and networks happy!)
Username: Nickname and extra characters because it was taken (R2)
Live: Kalamazoo, MI (1/2 way between Chicago and Detroit)
Hometown: Jackson, MI
Dating Status: Been partnered for over 11 years, but had a commitment ceremony in October; we have a little bit of an age difference (I like my men seasoned) :thumbsup2
Favorite Disney Park: Magic Kingdom, too much magic not to love it the most!
Favorite Character: Dale (Hooray for Chip n Dale's Rescue Rangers!!!)

Here is a picture from our reception! Mmmmmmm, cake! (I'm on the right)

44255_486503982463_629947463_7431481_4809773_n.jpg

Here is a picture of us from the Gay Rodeo near Chicago the other year (enjoy our straight friends in this picture as well) :love:

6170_117349658950_649858950_2571955_6257039_n.jpg

Hi! My name is Dan...this is my first post to this board....

I'm 26, single and from the Toledo, OH area.

My username pertains to the show Jem and the Holograms....which is a favorite thing aside from Disney.

My favorite park is Animal Kingdom! I love almost every attraction there.

Favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid
Favorite Disney Character is Ursula.

I joined this site, because I find it difficult to find other true Disney lovers. :)

I will also post pics once I get enough posts in.

I've been meaning to say Hi in here and was astounded to find that I never did. So Hi!

My name is Jay and I live in Boston and I'm 28

My username is the most boring thing ever, because well when I joined these boards I never expected to start posting, so I just picked something generic so it's my name and the year that I joined, how exciting, right?

Favorite ride: People mover without a doubt. My favorite part is Foxy Brown, the Scientist.

I'm not sure I have pictures on this computer once i figure that out, I may post.

So, again, Hi!

Welcome to all the new folks who have posted on this the past while! :welcome:

How does one, go about posting photos on a forum?... I guess I've never tried... and I don't see anything that says to upload.

How does one, go about posting photos on a forum?... I guess I've never tried... and I don't see anything that says to upload.

First you have to upload the photo to a photo sharing site (ex flicker, photobucket, etc) then put the link to the photo
between the IMG tags:
:thumbsup2

also:

"Method 1 (I really need to update this, anyone want to do that for me?)
1. Upload the pic of your choice to photobucket
2. Resize the pic in photobucket click on the thumbnail of the picture, it will open up, then click (above the pic)> resize > 15" screen- it will make you verify that you would like to resize the pic (I like the 800X600 size pictures instead of the message board setting, it shows lots more detail)
3. After the pic has resized, go to your album, below the pic that you would like to post, there are 4 different codes (email & IM, direct link, html code & IMG code) Click in the box that has the has the IMG code. It will look something like this http: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
When you click on that box, it will light up in yellow, and say "Copied"
4. In the thread on the Dis (in another open window), click on "post reply". When you are ready to post the pic, right click - a box will open, click on paste. This will paste the link that you copied from your photobucket account.
5. Post reply. The pic should show up!
[/color]

Method 2
You can also post pictures directly from Facebook and most any other website you have your pictures posted too already:

1.)Right click on you picture,
2A)If you are using Firefox: click, on the option that says "copy IMAGE location" (do NOT click the one that says "copy LINK location" or the one that just says "copy image" they will not work)

2B)If you are using Inernet Explorer click: Properties, then copy the image location information. You must copy the part that says "address (url) that has the http:// at the beginning and the .jpg at the end. This is usually NOT the first one listed on the properties page.

It must look something like this: http:// sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/ hs452.ash1/24894_382437053159_677208159_3918266_2650_n. jpg

NOT:
24894_382437053159_677208159_3918266_2650_n. jpg (which is the first one)

3.)Then, for either one, paste that into the little picture linkie thing up there at the top of your reply box (here on the Disboards). "

the above is stolen from: [url]http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2659975&highlight=how+to+post+photo[/url]

that isn't the right information you pasted. you need something that ends in .jpg

like this: http ://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/ 18164_407915850583_663425583_10609482_2247581_n.jpg

if it doesn't look like that it isn't the right info. what I have to do now with facebook, with their changes is, right click, inspect element, then copy the jpg info that comes up in all the code. I ONLY copy the url that is after src="

so try try again! I know you can do it! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

p.s. that one I linked is me as a baby.. and yes, that is indeed a trashcan.

18164_407915850583_663425583_10609482_2247581_n.jpg

Hello All!
My name is Ruth hence the Ruthless, and I was born in 1967. My high school boyfriend gave me the name Ruthless and I absolutely loved it!

I am in a committed relationship and am in the process of moving from Austin, TX to Orlando! We have 4 dogs, 2 cats and 2 kids...the boy is staying here since he is at boarding school here.

My favorite movie is Snow White, my grandfather used to read me the story when I was little and tell me I was his little Snow White.

I love All of the parks. Picking a favorite park is like picking a favorite child!

My favorite place to stay at Disney is Fort Wilderness, guess that's the Texan in me.

I got married at Disney in 2001, and when I got divorced 3 years later me and the kids went there to "celebrate".

That is so funny. Good for you and the kids!

Name: Rebecca
Username: Combination of my first initial and one of my nickname
Age 22
Occupation College Student
Hometown: Chicago IL
Where I've Lived: Chicago IL Lawrence Ks
Relationship Status: Dating the most amazing man ever(for almost 3 years) but seeking two other parts to complete our whole.
Fav Disney Park: AK
Fav Disney Movie:Lion King 101 Dalmatians Pirates of the Caribbean
Fav Disney Princess Mulan Princess Mia
Fav Disney Character: Elizabeth Swann Jack Sparrow

Hi guys,
My name is Marjorie and I am also polyamourous. We will ne in Disney May 26-30. Wish there were more of us here.
I am happily married to a geat guy we love all things disney.
:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter