Nervous about Happily Ever After crowds, tips appreciated

wohjen said:
is getting food and trying to get a table at Casey's recommended?

Last night, most of the tables were staked out 1 1/2 - 2 hours ahead of time and the line at Casey's (and every other food option nearby) was crazy long. I had my daughter and friend stake out a spot of pavement on the plaza and choose to walk over to Adventure Land and bring food back instead of waiting in those lines.

Not sure if this is a good tip or if it was just a stroke of luck but...

when BF and I went just last Thursday, we had arrived around 8:30pm which meant that Main Street and everywhere else was getting packed. I really wanted a good view of the castle so holding on to BF's hand, we skirted in and around the crowds, not sure how we did it but after stepping over and squeezing through people, we were face to face with a security person who directed us to keep moving along and then we ended up right in front of the castle!

So... I guess my tip is to be persistent and with great determination comes a great spot? Haha! Or it could have just been good timing/luck on our part but that was what we did and we had an amazing view of everything!

We went last Friday night and it wasn't too bad. We got there around 8:15 and the hub grass in front of CP was totally full. We watched from the little gate house next to the castle which was actually super convenient with our littles. They had a bit more room to move around and not worry about other guests and it allowed us to "guard" our spot a little better. Someone tried to squeeze in front of our kids at 9:05 and we (and the people around us) were able to keep that from happening.

Any opinions on which is the better viewing area with small children> I must confess that I was not impressed with the Tommorrowland Terrace but several factors played into it. It rained, and Tink didn't fly but the fireworks went off, then people stood in front of us so our only option was to stand in the rain to watch the show. Also, when we tried to move, we felt some of the trees blocked us a bit. What do you think is the pro/con of each location? Despite the fact that I said never again, I find myself considering it. Does the plaza location have a good viewing area for the castle projections?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter