Nervous about Happily Ever After crowds, tips appreciated

jacobsmommy

DIS Veteran
We will be going to see Happily Ever After next Thursday (June 1st). I am nervous about getting a good spot and not having other people take over in front of us so that we can't see. I am not really familiar with how the new hub is set up, so I guess we will have to figure out a good place to find a spot when we get there. Can anyone that has been to see the new show give me any pointers or tips? That may help to ease my nerves about this.

The only way to prevent being blocked is to be right up against a fence. Prior to show starting CMs start yelling for everyone to stand up and move forward. So unless you are super tall, your view might be blocked. Last week folks were at those places two hours ahead of time. Even staying at the front of lines around the hub didn't work out for folks because CMs just stopped telling folks to keep walking on the pathways so they were all filled in as well once it started.

At this point I expect the Dessert Parties to all be sold out.

We watched it twice, once from the fake grass close to the front of the Crystal Palace and once from front-and-center. In general, it didn't seem like we needed to get there super early.

The day near CP, it was a Saturday and the second-ever showing. I expected a huge crowd. We sat down at about 7, but mainly that's because we were tired and ready for a break. Right up until 9 you could have walked up and gotten a spot near where we were. Not too bad.

On the day we were right up front, the hub was starting to get crowded when we arrived at 8:20. People were sitting on the blacktop, and making wider concentric circles, so the walking path was narrowing. But we still found a seat. At about 8:40 they had us all stand up and move together, but we weren't crushed like sardines or anything. Even if you're short, you should be able to see most of the castle projections from this spot.

Hope that helps! I would say your stress level should be low!

The fence advice is the best I have as well.. there is flower beds and fences all over the hub, just have the fence inbetween you and the castle and you should be safe from someone suddenly getting in front of oyu..

There are some walkways that are not for watching so just pay attention around you, if you get a dream spot with nobody around,it's probably one of those walkways.

I got there at about 8 the first night and was about halfway between the Partners statue and the Tomorrowland walkway. I'm short so when the family of tall people in front of me stood up and kept shifting around during the whole show it made it very hard to see the projections well.

Last night we got there at about 8:30 and managed to find spots right in front of the stage, a few rows of people back. Much better view of the castle but that close the fireworks looked a little off. Like you could tell they were being set off from pretty far away. My advice would be to try to snag a spot somewhere between where I was the first night and last night. I get the feeling that being close enough to see the projections but not so close that the fireworks look weird gives you the experience the imagineers were really going for. Since you're going on a weeknight I'd say try to snag your spot 30-60 minutes before the show.

We decided to book the dessert party for June 4th. I did this as soon as I saw the video of HEA. I knew it would be imperative to have a good view and I did not want to have to stake one out hours ahead of time or fight people for spots with my 5 & 3 yr old. Just seemed easier to me.

I waited too long and now there are no tickets left for the garden view dessert party on our day.

We will also be there the day of June 4th, so we can have a redo if our spots aren't great the first night.

We decided to book the dessert party for June 4th. I did this as soon as I saw the video of HEA. I knew it would be imperative to have a good view and I did not want to have to stake one out hours ahead of time or fight people for spots with my 5 & 3 yr old. Just seemed easier to me.

If you don't mind my asking, which view did you book?

At this point I expect the Dessert Parties to all be sold out.

Amazingly enough, I just booked the Garden Viewing (again) for July 2nd. I was surprised to see availability but I guess capacity/price point equate to a bit better availability for the Garden Viewing version, at least so far. I was surprised though.

I've seen a lot of people recommend fences. That's your BEST bet. Next best would be garbage cans. Stand behind a garbage can and no one can stand directly in front of you. I did this during Wishes. Brought my camera and set up a smaller tripod (out of peoples' way) on top for a flat surface. Held on for dear life, but was able to get a good amount of GREAT photos.

Are one of the turf areas now open to the general public? I was under the impression they were both for either Dessert Party or FP.

Was there on opening night (5/12) and was right next to the garbage can on closest to Plaza (Eddy's) Ice Cream shoppe.
This was a good a good spot for Wishes, but for this show, closer to the Partners statue would be a bit better. Depends also on your height.
I could see it all fine... my wife could not see some of the castle projection.

I totally swore off the MK dessert party until I saw the video of HEA. I know I want to see it for the first time in all its glory; but I just don't want to go through the stress of staking out a great spot anymore. So...booked the garden view. We are going to do a monorail bar crawl for small plates and cocktails beforehand to make a night of it.

Are one of the turf areas now open to the general public? I was under the impression they were both for either Dessert Party or FP.

The West Garden "turf area" is usually open to all guests, baring some special event or something. The East one is where the dessert party is. My favorite place to try to sneak in late is the West Garden area because many people "think" it is a private area so don't go in there.

I waited too long and now there are no tickets left for the garden view dessert party on our day.

We will also be there the day of June 4th, so we can have a redo if our spots aren't great the first night.
There is a Plaza Garden dessert party reservation open for 4 people on June 4th. Not sure how many is in your group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter