Nervous about CBR Resort!

gelpac

Earning My Ears
Hello all.
I recently booked a vaca at CBR resort. I have a 6yr old and a 4yr old and thought the pool area looks great at CBR.
However, I keep reading that the rooms, while being "updated" with Nemo theme, are nothing more than a Motel 6 quality!
I did book a preferred building, so that should be a positive...but the rooms being worn and outdated is what I keep reading.
Is this true that the rooms are less than desirable? Is the bus transportation THAT bad too? I'm going in early May so the crowd level should be average at worst...

Bigger questions is should I have booked at Riverside instead?

Help....

There is nothing wrong with CBR. We have stayed there in the past. Our kids had a ball at the themed pool and we used the quiet pool by our room.

We had a wonderful vacation. Do not worry!

Enjoy your vacation!

:)

All mods are comparable to each other. Therefore if you feel that mods are not better than a Motel 6, you better be looking at deluxe.

We always stay at CSR and love it. The times we stay at BC/YC are because someone else is paying for it :) We do mods because they tend to have queen beds and a fridge and typically have a closer bus stop than the value (full beds, rent-a-fridge and walking to a central place and line up for a bus). Also, most times we've stayed at CSR were during FD, so the upgrade from quick to basic dining had a little to do with it.

We stayed at CBR last May. It was amazing! Our room was not outdated at all. We were in the Jamaica section and had requested water view. Our room was just steps from the bridge going to the pool. My daughter was 6 at the time and had a BLAST at the pool. We came back each afternoon for a pool break at her request. The crowds in early may were fairly light, some of the more popular attractions had a 45 minute wait. We never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus and always had a seat. I would return to CBR in a second, we LOVED it!!

We LOVE CBR!!! I'm sure you'll have a great time. My kids had a blast at the kiddie pool and bigger pool. We've never encountered any issues with our rooms being worn down. It's a very peaceful relaxing resort. As long as you are aware that a moderate resort at Disney has outdoor corridors like a motel, you won't be in for a big shocker. Rest assured you made a great choice IMHO.:cool1:

We stayed at CBR in December, and our room was in good condition.:thumbsup2 Nothing worn out or looking like it needs replacing. However they do only have double beds at CBR instead of the queens that they have at the rest of the moderate resorts.

I will say though that I was not fond of the bus situation. Not that it was bad, there are just so many stops at CBR (7!) that it felt like we spent a lot of time riding around the resort before heading to the parks.

Always enjoy CBR! So pretty! Never had issues with the bus transportation or rooms. We had a fantastic housekeeper in June 2012. You will have so much fun!

Hello all.
I recently booked a vaca at CBR resort. I have a 6yr old and a 4yr old and thought the pool area looks great at CBR.
However, I keep reading that the rooms, while being "updated" with Nemo theme, are nothing more than a Motel 6 quality!
I did book a preferred building, so that should be a positive...but the rooms being worn and outdated is what I keep reading.
Is this true that the rooms are less than desirable? Is the bus transportation THAT bad too? I'm going in early May so the crowd level should be average at worst...

Bigger questions is should I have booked at Riverside instead?

Help....

We are picky travellers and CBR is our Fav. resort!
Your kids will love the Pool/ Pirate Water park area!
Enjoy your stay!

I have stayed at CBR Three times and loved it all three times!!! Stayed once in Aruba and twice in Martinique , I too am picky about hotels, CBR was great in every aspect. You will have a great time!!!!

We really enjoyed our recent stay at CBR. We were in a pirate room for 2 nights. The only thing I would say isn't great at CBR is that the beds are double instead of queen, which would have gotten old if we were there longer as I had to share with DD9. Other than that we loved the resort. The pool and playground kept my kids busy for most of the day. They had lots of poolside activities including a scavenger hunt and dance parties. They light a campfire and roast marshmallows at night, and show a movie under the stars. We had a really great experience!

When I listened to the DIS podcast last week they talked about how the CBR rooms need refurbishing. I guess it depends on the room you get?

If I remember correctly, the beds are double beds instead of Queen. The pool area was a lot of fun and they have two hot tubs, a water slide and a play area. These are a lot of fun. The beach area is also very nice and has hammocks in the shade and the sunrises are beautiful. The kid's meals come in a sand bucket if you get a cs at the resort. The rooms themselves kind of do have a motel feel. You walk up to your room like you would in a motel and the rooms are average. The transportation is about average and sometimes the bus takes a little longer than I would have liked but the buses do come fairly frequently. We completely rode buses the entire time we were there because it was more convenient than driving. The air conditioning works wonderfully and the rooms come with a mini fridge.
Overall, I would say that the resort itself is wonderful due to fun pools and beautiful grounds but the rooms are average-what you would expect at a motel with a little pixy dust. It is a good choice for families if you can score a good deal which they frequently have. I have noticed that CBR tends to be a little bit cheaper than the other moderates.

Don't worry, CBR is great. It has beautiful tropical colors; white, sandy beaches with comfy hammocks; and a fantastic zero entry main pool. We have stayed in both Martinique and Jamaica and love both areas. We like the food court and the gift shop is really nice. We have always had good bus service too. The room size (to us) is a good size and the Nemo decorations are cute. The room has two double sinks with lots of storage. The beds are double size. Have a great vacation!

When I listened to the DIS podcast last week they talked about how the CBR rooms need refurbishing. I guess it depends on the room you get?

thats what I heard as well....

but from the above, it sounds like I made the right choice....thank you all!

My DS8 has been to the CBR, CSR, BC, Poly and GF (spoiled I know).
His request for 2011 and 2012 mother and son trip: CBR.
His favorite memories of the resort, the nice quiet walk in the morning from Trinidad south to Old Port Royale, the pool and the bounty platter for breakfast!

Enjoy your trip!

We will be at CBR on Saturday:cool1:

We stayed at CBR this past December and I was reminded of how beautiful the resort is. It just makes me happy to be there :) Our room was in great condition. The outlet by the sink wasn't working, but we didn't need it so it didn't bother me. No complaints about the transportation. The price was also about $150 less for our 3 night stay than the other moderates. The view when we walked out of our room was just gorgeous!

Our favorites at Disney are BC, Poly, AKL, CBR, CSR, POR. We own DVC at OKW. CBR was the first resort we stayed at so it holds a special place in our hearts :)

Have a great vacation!

We stayed at CBR in April 2011 and loved it was our 2nd time staying there. Last time was about 6 years before that. I can't remember what section we were in but we were not in a preferred section. Our walk to the food court was not bad, the buses were great there was one time we had a long wait but that was because it was around noon and not as many buses were running then. My daughter had her chin busted open on our last night there and the lifeguards as well as the paramedics were wonderful. We loved the pool, my kids especially. Would definitely stay again!!

I'm going to say a lot of that is because they also did POR and POFQ which have been refurb lately. It wasn't like they threw the resort under the bus just said the rooms needed a facelift.

We just returned from 6 nights at CBR. We absolutely loved it. This was our third trip to Disney (ASM 2007 and AKL 2009) CBR is our favorite of the 3. We stayed in Martinique bldg 26. It was a great location. Our kids 10 & 8 enjoyed the pool as much as the parks. Everyday they have several pool activities starting at 1:00. Also at 7:00 they show a Disney movie outside by Centertown. We never had a bus problem, maybe we were lucky. Our room was just fine. The resort is huge, but that is one reason we loved it so much, you dont feel crowded. When we return to Disney we will be staying at CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter