• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nephew 2 - Electric Bugaloo ~~~~Updated 9/18~~~~

njbeachbum

Yeah I Like Disney, you got a problem with that?
Hello all,

Since i never finished my trip report from our last trip to the World, I thought I would start the new one and leave the other one on the trash heap.

Backstory:

My DW and I have no children but we have a gaggle of nieces and nephews. So we decided that since one of these kids will have to take care of us when we are elderly we would take each of them to WDW when they turn 12 or 13. This is our second trip, our first was in November of 2007 and we had a wonderful time.

This year we are taking "E" our next nephew to WDW in December 4-11 (Yes we are leaving before the podcast event - Darn it!

So its me :sail:, my wife :ccat:, and "E" :simba:

Plans:
We are staying at Pop Century (which we really love!)
We made the following dinner reservations for the week we are there:

Planet Hollywood - Cancelled in favor of:
Kouzzina
Hoop De Do
Boma
Sci-Fi
Les Chefs
Rose and Crown with the Candlelight Processional on the 10th

We are really excited and I will try to keep up with this better than I did our last trip-report :)

EDIT:
Here are some of our "MUST DO'S"

1) DOLE WHIP
2) The British Invasion
3) Spent way to much on Pins
4) Embarrass the hell out of our nephew by loud singing (usually on Carousel of Progress and Small World)
5) Get lots of pictures
6) Bond with this amazing kid
7) Get lots of food pictures
8) My personal MUST DO is not to have a panic attack on the first ride we ride (last time it was TOT)

Well,

Now that I posted the trip report, I am feeling much more into the Disney Spirit! After reviewing our dinner reservations, I was not feeling good about Planet Hollywood on our first night, i wanted us to try something new.

So I canceled my ADR there and got one at Kouzzina. It might be good, it might be bad, but it will be new and different!

Happy Labor Day!

Ok well the Disney obsession has totally kicked in. I have started planning THE BOOKLET

The booklet is an information booklet I do for disney trips. It is pocket sized and contains our itinerary, dinner ressies, as well as fun facts, games, hidden mickey's, etc. mostly to pass the time in the long lines but also as a little keepsake from the trip.

This year I want to make the booklet pirate themed, so I turned to Craft section of the DISboards for some help.

Any ideas out there in Pre-Trip-Report land?

---
The revolution will be twitterized: http://twitter.com/njbeachbum
---

Well, the planning is done, the bags are nearly packed, we are eating the thanksgiving leftovers so we don't have food go to waste in the fridge while we are gone.

We leave Friday morning for the trip. I am a little worried about the weather, but rain in WDW is better than a cold sunny December day in Pennsylvania.

We'll be twittering the trip. Add njbeachbum on twitter.

See you in "The World"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter