Nemesis Challenge:It's OK to Finish Next-To-Last, As Long As I Beat HIM/ Its Here!!!!

How's this for an odd coincidence - just as I was looking at Chris (Goofy + 3)'s post about the races in Wisconsin and finding the CSSW Home Run and Walk 2012, I got an email from Bambi asking if I wanted to run it this year. Fate says: YES!...

You go dude. A plus is that it is for a great organization.

Just for those of you thinking about running and want to improve your corral placement, you would need to do a qualifying 10K. DD went from E to B. It helps at the start not having to dodge slower people. Got that hint from either Paul or Ryan.

Barry, I expect you in Corral A. Now go eat some lightning.

Thanks for posting this. :headache:

Now I have to find a local race to run in. I think I need to search the internet.... :surfweb:

Just keeping you honest, Tim. I found a list of races in CT:
http://www.runningintheusa.com/race/List.aspx?Rank=Upcoming&State=CT&Page=1
Most of them are Saturday or Sunday mornings. If you run one on 4 hours of sleep after working the night before, I'll shave 5 minutes off your time as a handicap. :thumbsup2

You met Barry and you can't figure out who to root for? :lmao::lmao:
Yes, but Evan was with me. All bets are off then.

You know... I thought you were on MY team? :confused3
I really like the way Team Tim is shaping up. They rip on you more than I do!:lmao::lmao:

You go dude. A plus is that it is for a great organization.
Thanks CJ!
Just for those of you thinking about running and want to improve your corral placement, you would need to do a qualifying 10K. DD went from E to B. It helps at the start not having to dodge slower people. Got that hint from either Paul or Ryan.
I remember hearing that. I'm hoping to get up to a 10k by mid to late summer. Of course, I'll need to figure out which ones are "qualifying"...
Barry, I expect you in Corral A. Now go eat some lightning.
YES SIR! I even have 30 minutes booked on Wednesday down the local butcher to go 4 rounds with a side of Black Angus.

Just keeping you honest, Tim. I found a list of races in CT:
http://www.runningintheusa.com/race/List.aspx?Rank=Upcoming&State=CT&Page=1
Most of them are Saturday or Sunday mornings. If you run one on 4 hours of sleep after working the night before, I'll shave 5 minutes off your time as a handicap. :thumbsup2
I am looking at a 5K on either April 14 or April 29. Maybe I can do both. :confused3

Yes, but Evan was with me. All bets are off then.
I was thinking that since Kathy met you she would most likely join my side.... :rolleyes1

I'm sure since she met Evan she could be swayed to your team. :headache:

I really like the way Team Tim is shaping up. They rip on you more than I do!:lmao::lmao:
Tell me about it... :headache::headache:

Whose idea was this anyway? :mad: :sad2: :sad2:

So now that Barry has posted his intentions to run in a 5k, I'm posting my intentions of heading to the gym tomorrow. I plan on doing the couch to 5k program with a few modifications. You can read about it HERE It seems like the first 2 weeks are very easy. I mean I can run a mile no problem.. So I am going to start at week 3. I hope to do more running than what the program asks of you. I hope within a month I can run 2 miles without stopping and by April 14th I can run a 5K. I will check and double check my schedule tomorrow and that could be the first race I do. I am also looking at signing up for a 5K on April 29th.

It is going to take quite a bit of training if we want to RUN in this marathon. They suggest that we are able to do this schedule for 4-5 weeks before we jump into the 12 week 1/2 marathon training.

Mon. Tue. Wed. Thu. Fri. Sat. Sun.

Off.. 3M.. 4M.. 4M.. Off.. 3M.. 5M

You can see a training schedule for running in a 1/2 marathon HERE.

Please, wish us luck. popcorn::

So now that Barry has posted his intentions to run in a 5k, I'm posting my intentions of heading to the gym tomorrow. I plan on doing the couch to 5k program with a few modifications. You can read about it HERE It seems like the first 2 weeks are very easy. I mean I can run a mile no problem.. So I am going to start at week 3. I hope to do more running than what the program asks of you. I hope within a month I can run 2 miles without stopping and by April 14th I can run a 5K. I will check and double check my schedule tomorrow and that could be the first race I do. I am also looking at signing up for a 5K on April 29th.

It is going to take quite a bit of training if we want to RUN in this marathon. They suggest that we are able to do this schedule for 4-5 weeks before we jump into the 12 week 1/2 marathon training.

Mon. Tue. Wed. Thu. Fri. Sat. Sun.

Off.. 3M.. 4M.. 4M.. Off.. 3M.. 5M

You can see a training schedule for running in a 1/2 marathon HERE.

Good luck! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Good luck to both of you with your training!! Barry - The 5K sounds like it is for a wonderful cause!!! Tim - I've heard really really great things about Couch To 5K! And starting off on week 3, you're definitely hitting the ground running! (Bad pun intended! :thumbsup2)

Good luck! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Thanks! :worship:

Good luck to both of you with your training!! Barry - The 5K sounds like it is for a wonderful cause!!! Tim - I've heard really really great things about Couch To 5K! And starting off on week 3, you're definitely hitting the ground running! (Bad pun intended! :thumbsup2)
Sara, Barry is the pun Queen. If you read any of his TRs they are filled with horrible puns. So many, in fact, that his own wife calls him out on them. :rolleyes1 What I'm trying to say is that you fit in fine here. :rotfl2:

I'm already up.... feeding the baby. It's gonna be a long day. :scared:

So.... who's bought their new shoes yet? :lmao: Sounds like you guys are all talk at this point... it's March already! Let's GO! (Now picture Melody with the whip in her hand chasing Tim down the street) :rotfl2::rotfl2:

So.... who's bought their new shoes yet? :lmao: Sounds like you guys are all talk at this point... it's March already! Let's GO! (Now picture Melody with the whip in her hand chasing Tim down the street) :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Or Bambi with a frying pan.

I'm picturing Melody with a Dole Whip in her hand leading Tim down the street.

Tim- I just found this report and am so excited to join in! I am looking to do the Princess Half in 2013 or 14. (I wish 2013 but there are too many things holding me back from making it Feb. 2013- $, work, trying to have another kid, DH refusing to go back to WDW in 2013 to name a few)

I completed the C25K in Dec and ran the Christopher Martin 5k in Dec in New Haven. I have been slacking since then but just ran in the WPLR Shamrock 5k yesterday:cool1: I won't tell you my pathetic time but I didn't walk once:cool1: I was pretty bummed that I hadn't improved since Dec. but I am hoping that will motivate me to get better by the next one. April has tons of races, I am looking at doing a 4Miler on 4/15 followed by a 5k on 4/22.

My coworker did the full Marathon in Jan:worship: and he told me about a half Marathon in New Haven that takes place in Sept. Apparently the course is nice and flat, so I am considering training for it. I am just trying to convince my friend that has been doing the 5ks with me that she needs to train too. She hasn't come around yet.

My friend was mentioning doing a 5k somewhere near Waterbury in April, but I can't remember where. Maybe I'll run into you one day.

Just so you know, I'm cheering for the strangers in the race because I love you both and I will NOT take sides. :love::love::love:

way to stay neutral Kathy!:lmao:

How's this for an odd coincidence - just as I was looking at Chris (Goofy + 3)'s post about the races in Wisconsin and finding the CSSW Home Run and Walk 2012, I got an email from Bambi asking if I wanted to run it this year. Fate says: YES!
What a great run cause! See it IS fate!

I am very glad that you two are competing against each other and that there is no cute kid contest because that would have to be tied. :thumbsup2

sounds like a good plan Tim!! I wish you BOTH good luck! what a great motivator to run against your nemesis! (Hey, where's Perry?)

My coworker did the full Marathon in Jan:worship: and he told me about a half Marathon in New Haven that takes place in Sept. Apparently the course is nice and flat, so I am considering training for it. I am just trying to convince my friend that has been doing the 5ks with me that she needs to train too. She hasn't come around yet.

My friend was mentioning doing a 5k somewhere near Waterbury in April, but I can't remember where. Maybe I'll run into you one day.
Looks like you have a running partner to train with!

Sara, Barry is the pun Queen. If you read any of his TRs they are filled with horrible puns. So many, in fact, that his own wife calls him out on them. :rolleyes1 What I'm trying to say is that you fit in fine here. :rotfl2:

I'm already up.... feeding the baby. It's gonna be a long day. :scared:

Hahaha oh I know! That's why I figured it would be perfectly okay here! :laughing:

(Although I am wondering how okay Barry would be about him being crowned the pun Queen, rather than King...:laughing: Baby-caused confusion?)

Well Don since you asked, I did text Barry a picture of my NEW running shoes on February 20th. You wanna see them too?

IMAG0258.jpg

I did my first run today... I'll post about it in a bit. popcorn::

Tim, break a Leg!
Ummmm... thanks? :confused3

I'm picturing Melody with a Dole Whip in her hand leading Tim down the street.
That would get me running!
sport-smiley-009.gif

Tim- I just found this report and am so excited to join in! I am looking to do the Princess Half in 2013 or 14. (I wish 2013 but there are too many things holding me back from making it Feb. 2013- $, work, trying to have another kid, DH refusing to go back to WDW in 2013 to name a few)
:welcome: to our crazy PTR!!!! :rotfl2:

DH REFUSING to go back? :confused3 You need to crack that whip!
action-smiley-039.gif

I completed the C25K in Dec and ran the Christopher Martin 5k in Dec in New Haven. I have been slacking since then but just ran in the WPLR Shamrock 5k yesterday:cool1: I won't tell you my pathetic time but I didn't walk once:cool1: I was pretty bummed that I hadn't improved since Dec. but I am hoping that will motivate me to get better by the next one. April has tons of races, I am looking at doing a 4Miler on 4/15 followed by a 5k on 4/22.
AWESOME!!!! I heard about the race a little too late. Since I have not run in a while, I thought I'd kill myself if I tried to run it. It was a beautiful day yesterday too!

Hummm. I don't see a 1/2 in New Haven? Check out the list HERE

There is a 5K in Waterbury on April 14th. I am thinking of signing up for that one. There is also a 5k & 1/2 marathon in Cheshire on April 29th. I might sign up to run the 5k there too. I need to get out and running!!!!

way to stay neutral Kathy!:lmao:
She's doing a good job, isn't she? :headache:

I am very glad that you two are competing against each other and that there is no cute kid contest because that would have to be tied. :thumbsup2
Awww... thanks Mary Ellen! :grouphug:

sounds like a good plan Tim!! I wish you BOTH good luck! what a great motivator to run against your nemesis! (Hey, where's Perry?)
Just think... I brought it up to him and he agreed! My plan is working perfectly! :rolleyes1

Oh there you are Perry.

DSC03326.jpg

Looks like you have a running partner to train with!
::yes:: I'm trying to talk Melody in to training to run in a 5k with me. There is NO WAY she would do a 1/2. I'm not even going there. :sad2:

I'm in. Sounds like you guys are both going to have a fun year getting ready for this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter