Nemesis Challenge:It's OK to Finish Next-To-Last, As Long As I Beat HIM/ Its Here!!!!

How's this for an odd coincidence - just as I was looking at Chris (Goofy + 3)'s post about the races in Wisconsin and finding the CSSW Home Run and Walk 2012, I got an email from Bambi asking if I wanted to run it this year. Fate says: YES!

Bambi works at CSSW (Children's Service Society of Wisconsin, a division of Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.) They are the state's largest private, not-for-profit provider of child welfare services. Among the services they provide are adoption and foster care coordination, children and family counseling, providing intensive in-home therapy, helping young adults that are transitioning out of foster care, providing guidance to parents, and providing safe places for children than have been hurt by abuse or neglect and providing resources for them to heal.

They use the 5k race on May 5th to kick off National Foster Care Month to raise awareness of the need for qualified Foster Parents and to raise money to support their foster care program. This hits home for us not only because Bambi is employed there, but our little princess Madison came to us through the Foster Care system which we were able to adopt her from.

(Oh, the "Home Run and Walk" in the race name has several meaning. Firstly, "home" for foster parents providing a home for children. "Home Run" since it's held a Miller Park, home of the Milwaukee Brewers. And "Walk" because, well, not everybody can run 5k. I just might be one of them. :faint:)

So, I've now got 64 days to get back into 5k shape. Time to hit the road...

Cool! :cool1: Cue up "Eye of the Tiger" here... :cheer2:

The problem then becomes who do I start rooting for and who do I end rooting for?

Tim, who was one of my first "close friend" here on the DIS? Or Barry who I actually met in person last summer?

:confused3:confused3:confused3

Not sure I want to see Kathy doing some "end rooting" around here... :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I've got some pretty awesome kids too, you know!

DSCF0862.JPG

Yes you do Barry, they are adorable....just have a special place in my heart for Juliana...she was my first big give kiddo when she went on her MAW trip....not that I don't want you to have a great race :cheer2:

How's this for an odd coincidence - just as I was looking at Chris (Goofy + 3)'s post about the races in Wisconsin and finding the CSSW Home Run and Walk 2012, I got an email from Bambi asking if I wanted to run it this year. Fate says: YES!

Bambi works at CSSW (Children's Service Society of Wisconsin, a division of Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.) They are the state's largest private, not-for-profit provider of child welfare services. Among the services they provide are adoption and foster care coordination, children and family counseling, providing intensive in-home therapy, helping young adults that are transitioning out of foster care, providing guidance to parents, and providing safe places for children than have been hurt by abuse or neglect and providing resources for them to heal.

They use the 5k race on May 5th to kick off National Foster Care Month to raise awareness of the need for qualified Foster Parents and to raise money to support their foster care program. This hits home for us not only because Bambi is employed there, but our little princess Madison came to us through the Foster Care system which we were able to adopt her from.

(Oh, the "Home Run and Walk" in the race name has several meaning. Firstly, "home" for foster parents providing a home for children. "Home Run" since it's held a Miller Park, home of the Milwaukee Brewers. And "Walk" because, well, not everybody can run 5k. I just might be one of them. :faint:)

what a wonderful race to be part of! good luck getting ready for it :woohoo::woohoo:

Did I ever tell you how much I love people from Virginia? :flower3:
:wave:

Do you have a training plan? 64 days is plenty of time. By the way, I totally agree with an earlier post that sooner or later you need to go to a shoe store that can analyze your gait and get you in the right shoes. Bad form will sidetrack your training. You can get away with bad form for a 5k, but as the half approaches, you'll want to be sure you're in the right shoes and running properly.
Cool! :cool1: Cue up "Eye of the Tiger" here... :cheer2:

Interesting note. Originally "You're the Best Around" from Karate Kid was going to be used for Rocky III. Once they heard "Eye of the Tiger", they switched it. Also, "You're the Best Around" has been used in all 5 Karate Kid movies.

Interesting note. Originally "You're the Best Around" from Karate Kid was going to be used for Rocky III. Once they heard "Eye of the Tiger", they switched it. Also, "You're the Best Around" has been used in all 5 Karate Kid movies.

The story I've heard was that they wanted Another One Bites the Dust, but couldn't get the rights, and Eye of the Tiger was written for the movie after that scene was already filmed.:confused3

The story I've heard was that they wanted Another One Bites the Dust, but couldn't get the rights, and Eye of the Tiger was written for the movie after that scene was already filmed.:confused3

This sounds like a job for wilipedia!

Edit: just checked. Wiki says we're both right.

Awesome! :thumbsup2

My first run is 5 weeks from today...:scared1:

Hi Tim, Hi Barry (we haven't met though I have chuckled heartily at the banter & sort of quasi met you on Capn Oblivious's cross country TR)
:welcome: Mary Ellen!!!!!

had to follow you over from your other PTR Tim. My DH has taken to running to keep off his 90+ lbs and we have talked about him doing the half marathon at WDW while Katie and I cheer him on. Maybe I'll share some of your training antics ..i mean tales... with him. and K and I would get a WDW trip out of it:rotfl:
Congratulations to your DH!!! That is awesome!

Plus getting a WDW trip out of it is awesome too! :thumbsup2

If the price is right, I could join one side or the other. :rolleyes1
Hummm.... I 'might' need your address. :lmao:

This is gonna be a fun report!

:goodvibes
:welcome: to the insanity!

Sorry Barry, but I will be on "Team Tim" :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
got to support sweet Juliana's and cutie Christopher's daddy!!!
WOO HOO!!!! Yea!!!!! :woohoo:

I corrected your post Lisa.
Horrible. :mad:

Heck, you can make the state a race! One lap around Connecticut!
OK. You racing me in this run too?

I've got some pretty awesome kids too, you know!

DSCF0862.JPG
2 cuties! pirate:princess:

Just so you know, I'm cheering for the strangers in the race because I love you both and I will NOT take sides.
You are going to cheer for strangers and not us? :confused3

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Thanks for posting this. :headache:

Now I have to find a local race to run in. I think I need to search the internet.... :surfweb:

The problem then becomes who do I start rooting for and who do I end rooting for?

Tim, who was one of my first "close friend" here on the DIS? Or Barry who I actually met in person last summer?
You met Barry and you can't figure out who to root for? :lmao::lmao:

It's easy,

57d5093c111a2a01bbcaac138e1db5f4.gif

see!
I'll allow that banner if Madison made it. If not then it has to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!