Neighbor uses our driveway

I think the idea of blocking her in and then refusing to move out of her way is a BAD BAD idea. It sounds like you don't know a ton about her and who's to say that situation doesn't turn dangerous? I think the better idea is to put some items at the end of the driveway (car or other objects) which simply don't allow her to turn in.

I think the idea of blocking her in and then refusing to move out of her way is a BAD BAD idea. It sounds like you don't know a ton about her and who's to say that situation doesn't turn dangerous? I think the better idea is to put some items at the end of the driveway (car or other objects) which simply don't allow her to turn in.

I said to let the mind wander, lol. I'm sure this could end a couple of different ways honestly. I mean, a lot of things were said so far... no one said to slash tires or anything. Blocking her in is an inconvenience but a sure fire way to get her attention to the matter.

I said to let the mind wander, lol. I'm sure this could end a couple of different ways honestly. I mean, a lot of things were said so far... no one said to slash tires or anything. Blocking her in is an inconvenience but a sure fire way to get her attention to the matter.

True you might get her attention and she may decide to walk over to her glove compartment, pull out a pistol, and start showing you who's boss.

True you never know if she's a wacko, I would not want to confront her.
If I put something at the end of the driveway then we have to move it, I just can't right now, unless we are all home.

True you never know if she's a wacko, I would not want to confront her.
If I put something at the end of the driveway then we have to move it, I just can't right now, unless we are all home.

Well that's why I suggested just leaving your car there. But I guess it's hard for you to walk so that may or may not work. I don't know what to tell you.

True you might get her attention and she may decide to walk over to her glove compartment, pull out a pistol, and start showing you who's boss.

Well didn't you just escalate this quickly...

If you go back and read my first post to all this... I said to actually talk to the girl.

And btw, if dealing with something like this and a pistol comes out from a trespasser on your property... yeah, it's all self-defense after that.

I actually got confronted by a guy at a store. He grabbed my door it was nasty. If I had my pepper spray handy I might have used it. Things get out of hand.

I mean, this is all escalating rather quickly, don't we think?

I am confused by OP's postings and followup postings. It's an issue because the road is unsafe, but she should park on the road. She was joking about the plow, but the plow man had to wait. Doesn't want to confront, but says about son parking neighbor in.

Listen, if it bothers you, say something directly to her. Frankly, it wouldn't bother me. I've actually told my next door neighbors to feel free to use our driveway when they have parties so their guests don't have to park in their grass. I can't understand it being bothersome, but some things that bother me are most certainly petty (like my neighbor who comes across the property line and mows my grass. STAY OFF MY LAWN DUDE).

Listen, if it bothers you, say something directly to her. Frankly, it wouldn't bother me. I've actually told my next door neighbors to feel free to use our driveway when they have parties so their guests don't have to park in their grass. I can't understand it being bothersome, but some things that bother me are most certainly petty (like my neighbor who comes across the property line and mows my grass. STAY OFF MY LAWN DUDE).

1) She shouldn't even have to say anything. It's added aggravation that the OP shouldn't have to deal with.
2) There is a big difference between giving someone permission to use your driveway and someone just deciding that they're going to use it without even asking. I'd be super annoyed as well.

OP here, I have not said anything because it is annoying but not worth a war, but if she falls and tries to sue it will be.
She is trespassing.
She is there daily in winter.
She is there long enough for my dog to think she is a visitor. He does not bark at cars or mail truck on the street, or people walking. She has loud music.
I found oil drips on concrete not from us, probably from her
She could park on the street or her own driveway and walk to get her mail like all the other neighbors do, and she does in summer. If she feels it is dangerous she could get a po box or ask to move her mailbox. I do see some single boxes around the area.
I would never rant at her, but it is totally against the norms of our neighborhood.

I would be more concerned about her falling in your driveway and injuring herself and then suing you.

My son fell in my newly paved driveway two weeks ago when it rained and then got colder and made my driveway slick. He hurt himself by the way he fell. He also damaged his brand new very expensive watch. I can imagine if this was a stranger that this happened to I could have been sued.

I live in New Jersey and have many family members who are lawyers so I am well aware that some people think nothing of suing you even when they are at fault. So I don't want anyone who doesn't belong on my property.

Are you friendly or do you even know this woman? I think she has a lot of nerve parking in your driveway without your permission. And I love it when people turn it around and blame you for being annoyed by the situation.

I would either speak to her nicely and explain about your dog barking or leave a note with the mail she is picking up.

It would annoy me too if someone parked in my driveway without asking me first.

I mean, this is all escalating rather quickly, don't we think?

I am confused by OP's postings and followup postings. It's an issue because the road is unsafe, but she should park on the road. She was joking about the plow, but the plow man had to wait. Doesn't want to confront, but says about son parking neighbor in.

The road is unsafe to make left turns and to sit waiting for her to move

If the she thinks road is unsafe to park on it is unsafe for my son to park on

She has a solution, park in her own private driveway, we all will park in ours

I was joking about the plow guy plowing while she was there and blocking her in. But seriously plow guy was not happy about having to wait on her.

Son has never parked her in because I have told him not to. I physically cannot.

Confrontations while a little fun to think about can get dangerous.

The road is unsafe to make left turns and to sit waiting for her to move

If the she thinks road is unsafe to park on it is unsafe for my son to park on

She has a solution, park in her own private driveway, we all will park in ours

I was joking about the plow guy plowing while she was there and blocking her in. But seriously plow guy was not happy about having to wait on her.

Son has never parked her in because I have told him not to. I physically cannot.

Confrontations while a little fun to think about can get dangerous.

But... You do need to do something if this is as bad as you say it is. The girl won't know there is a problem if she's never told. Simple as that.

Yep. Has the door to the dungeon been left open.

Op, if the road is so unsafe to drive on let alone park on then you and the other neighbours need to work together to get the mailboxes moved to a safer area.

The liability issue seems like a stretch to me. She's not invited -- as a general rule, property owners are not liable for injuries of people who are trespassing. The mailbox is neither a trap, nor an attractive nuisance.

If I am aware of someone using my property for something, and I don't stop them, I would be afraid that they can argue that they had my permission simply because I was aware and didn't stop them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter