Need someone to talk to

Status
Not open for further replies.

luv4u859

Mouseketeer
I am really beginning to feel like I am going to be depressed. I HAVE NO FRIENDS. No one to talk to about anything, the one friend I do have, I can't talk to her about things cuz she will either laugh or say wow Orr something, I have no siblings and I don't always want to talk to my mom about stuff. I feel like am the worlds worst person because of this and I am honestly getting to the point where I cant take it no more.

I used to be really cool with this girl but whenever I text her she ignores me but then gets mad when I do the same. I tried joining meetup.com to try to find some groups but ever group there is people mostly 39s and up and I am only 24.

I just really NEED someone to be there for me like I will be there for them. At 24 I should be out having fun but all I do is come home from work and do nothing.

i am so unhappy, I am fat and I am ugly and I have no friends and I am beginning to think its my fault. Someone please help...

You need a therapist. Most communities have free ones if you cannot afford it or don't have insurance.

This is a bigger problem than anyone here can solve for you.

And by the way, if that's you in the picture, you are not ugly. Can't tell if you're fat or not, but its not a major problem if you are. You can lose the weight.

Please seek therapy so that you can get your life in order and be happier.

If you ever feel suicidal, go to the hospital or call the police. There are people out there who can help you.

You aren't the first person to feel like this. Really. Don't be ashamed to ask for help. It's the only way to get better!

A lot of depression is cause of a chemical imbalance, your Doctor could prescribe something for you and get ya back on track, that happen to my mom, and she bounced right back after seeing a Doctor

Well, judging by your picture, you aren't at all ugly. :goodvibes Although, I know how it feels to think that way of yourself.
I'm sorry you are feeling down and lonely. That is an awful feeling and feels hopeless, but it isn't.
Have you tried a church singles group? Sometimes, it is easy to find friends fast that way or even find a mentor you can talk to.

I'm feeling a little lonely lately. 4 kids and pregnant with number 5. I love my life, but sometimes, I miss having a heap of friends and being the life of the party. :cool1:

Please pm me if you need someone to listen. If there is something you need to get off your chest, there is not judgement on my end. :hug:

kaligal said:
You need a therapist. Most communities have free ones if you cannot afford it or don't have insurance.

And by the way, if that's you in the picture, you are not ugly. Can't tell if you're fat or not, but its not a major problem if you are. You can lose the weight.

If you ever feel suicidal, go to the hospital or call the police. There are people out there who can help you.

You aren't the first person to feel like this. Really. Don't be ashamed to ask for help. It's the only way to get better!

Even if I do see someone, I still have no friends.

A lot of depression is cause of a chemical imbalance, your Doctor could prescribe something for you and get ya back on track, that happen to my mom, and she bounced right back after seeing a Doctor

I agree with both of these. :thumbsup2

After exploring these options, consider finding a group to volunteer with - something that matters to you so you can meet like minded people.

I hope you feel much better soon!

luv4u859 said:

But they will help you develop the tools to feel confident creating and maintaining new friendships. I have moved a lot in my life resulting in the need to "start over" many times. Join a gym, take a pottery class, volunteer somewhere, etc. You said you're 24. Do you work? Go to school?

I am really beginning to feel like I am going to be depressed. I HAVE NO FRIENDS. No one to talk to about anything, the one friend I do have, I can't talk to her about things cuz she will either laugh or say wow Orr something, I have no siblings and I don't always want to talk to my mom about stuff. I feel like am the worlds worst person because of this and I am honestly getting to the point where I cant take it no more.

I used to be really cool with this girl but whenever I text her she ignores me but then gets mad when I do the same. I tried joining meetup.com to try to find some groups but ever group there is people mostly 39s and up and I am only 24.

I just really NEED someone to be there for me like I will be there for them. At 24 I should be out having fun but all I do is come home from work and do nothing.

i am so unhappy, I am fat and I am ugly and I have no friends and I am beginning to think its my fault. Someone please help...

I have had those thoughts. They aren't fun. I'm sorry you are feeling down. Thinking back on it, those thoughts came just about your age. I'm older now and think differently about those things and life in general. Priorities change, thoughts on life and death change, your spirituality and individuality change. I'm only 29, but I can't tell you 22-28 (approximately) are very "thought filled" and "life seeking" years. Though my Nana will tell you 22-81 is the range! (really, she's sitting here telling me that)

PM me if you wanna talk!

sonnyjane said:
But they will help you develop the tools to feel confident creating and maintaining new friendships. I have moved a lot in my life resulting in the need to "start over" many times. Join a gym, take a pottery class, volunteer somewhere, etc. You said you're 24. Do you work? Go to school?

Yes I do both. Teacher and in college part time. The major thing is I am shy and I am really trying to break out of it. Because of that I don't just go up to people randomly. I also have bad anxiety due to car accidents. My life kinda sucks sometimes.

It's tough making friends as an adult! I moved to a new state in July and it's been really, really hard. I tried church groups, meet up, co-workers, and nobody else seems to want to add new friends to their group! Fortunately I have a bunch of friends from other places I've lived so I call them nightly, but it gets lonely sometimes!

That said, I try not to think of myself as a victim. I'm picking up my life and moving cross-country this summer to be with my friends. Even though the job I'll be taking is less prestigious, I'll be living in a wonderful area with friends. Do you have any friends from college that you could reconnect with? I try to reconnect with an old friend every month because you'll never know when you'll need them. It takes extra effort on my part but I've never regretted it. The worst they can do is de-friend me :lmao:

There's a website called Girlfriend Social which I believe is similar to Match.com but for friendship. I haven't checked it out but I've heard good things.

But they might help you figure out why. I have been known to be a very negative, judgmental person. That tends to make people want to keep their distance. If you work on you first, the rest will fall into place. It could also be the difference between where you are and where everyone else is in their lives. I felt like all of my friends were getting married and having kids and I wasn't. Then when I got married and had my daughter, I realized it's just a difference in where I was.

Get help.

fall08CP said:
It's tough making friends as an adult! I moved to a new state in July and it's been really, really hard. I tried church groups, meet up, co-workers, and nobody else seems to want to add new friends to their group! Fortunately I have a bunch of friends from other places I've lived so I call them nightly, but it gets lonely sometimes!

That said, I try not to think of myself as a victim. I'm picking up my life and moving cross-country this summer to be with my friends. Even though the job I'll be taking is less prestigious, I'll be living in a wonderful area with friends. Do you have any friends from college that you could reconnect with? I try to reconnect with an old friend every month because you'll never know when you'll need them. It takes extra effort on my part but I've never regretted it. The worst they can do is de-friend me :lmao:

There's a website called Girlfriend Social which I believe is similar to Match.com but for friendship. I haven't checked it out but I've heard good things.

I didn't go away to college, sometimes I wish I did, I have friends in NYC and Florida, well the one in Florida is the one that ignores me majority of the time. I was thinking about just up and moving somewhere but I have a really good job right is that I really don't want to leave. I don't have a degree in teaching so it would be really hard for me to find another job somewhere else.

We are not going to be able to figure out why you have no friends, but a therapist can help you figure that out and help you work on your problems so that you'll end up a more happy and well-adjusted person.

You need professional help.

A lot of people here can give you happy internet blurbs, but it won't fix your real problems.

You need help from people who know how to REALLY help you. It's out there. A whole new, better, happier world for you.

All you need to do is seek it and stick to it.

Good luck to you!

I second that you should go talk to a professional about how you are feeling. They may even be able to help you with the anxiety. I had some craaazy things happening in this last year and it all got to be too much, without my even realizing it, until I was having full blown anxiety attacks (which I didn't recognize). Anyway. I ended up going to see someone and she really helped get the anxiety under control. While a therapist won't automatically get you friends they should be able to help you find some direction.

Do you have any friends from work? Or any hobbies? I lived away for a while and when I moved back home I did not know anyone- a lot of my friends had moved away or we just grew apart. I ended up finding an online group (on fb, actually) for the Red Wings and made a bunch of friends through there. Maybe something like that would be an option for you?

As others have said, PM if you need to talk/vent more. And really consider talking to someone (professional) about how you are feeling. Good luck! :goodvibes

I have no friends eather. Not in real life I don't.
Best friend just ditched me for his girlfriend, again, and everytime it goes wrong he thinks we're best friends again, I ain't no doll you can just throw away and pick back up whenever *you* want to, so I've cut him out this time for good.
(I can understand she comes first now, but each time he has one, I don't hear from him at all, which I don't think is all that fair)

I've noticed throug-out the years that the people I've met online, I can depend more on them, then the people I've known in real life.

Therapy could help you overcome lots of things.
I wouldn't jump to medication straight away though.

You need a good support system eather way when you're in a situation like this, so I would suggest to try and talk to your mom.
Me and my mom, we can't talk, and since I never really had anyone else to really talk to about my problems, my depression has been going on for 5 years now.

Its more important for you to find some professional help right now. Once you do, things in your life, including friendships will get better. :goodvibes

This may sound silly, but is there anything at work that is a common complaint or something everyone laughs at? Coworkers often bond over a common dislike regarding their job. Naturally, you don't want to be the person who whines about everything, but it could be an ice breaker. You have a beautiful smile - be sure to break it out whenever possible :)

You have to like yourself before anyone else can like you. Please get some counseling.

I agree with others that counseling could really help at this point.

But I also think you need to put yourself out there, I am shy too so I know it is hard. I agree with others, look into volunteer oppourtunites. Join a gym or take lessons in something atheletic, tennis maybe. It will help you lose weight if necessary and have you meet up with people.

:grouphug:

I don't whine about much. I don't have people to hang with from my job because they are all mostly over, like 50 and above. I do go out occasionally and do things with friends, but the girl I usually go with majority of the time is rude to me. I broke my foot 2 yrs ago and still have pain and can't do much physical activity.

Me and my friend were friends for like 7 years, she lives in NYC. I always helped her with anything she needed, whether it was money for her to buy stuff or money to feed her child. It seems like when I stop doing it she stops talking to me. She recently stopped talking to me because according to her I had no right to feel the way that I do because of my foot.

I don think I need help, but I will talk to someone, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter