need some advice regarding dd4 wetting herself

craigs bride

DIS Veteran
she has been dry since she was two but after ds10mths she has started to have a few accidents .but these last few weeks since our holiday she has been having accidents all day long but not in bed at night :confused3
we try and spend loads of time with her so she doesnt feel left out ( i'd say she gets very spoilt with lots og hugs )
im at my wits end with it really .

There are so many reasons for this. First I'd get her checked out by your GP to see if she has an infection.

But maybe she doesn't like going to the loo for some reason (pain, scarey story, funny noise in bathroom etc.) Or maybe she has just got out of the habit and is leaving things too late.

If no real reason then a sticker chart often works wonders.

we have just had a similar thing with dd but she had an infection which was causing it so I'd say definitely take her to see your gp.

If it's not an infection then I'd just recommend what we did when we were training dd, keep asking her if she needs the toilet or say that you're going to go and does she want to race you and go first, plenty of encouragement and maybe a toilet fairy ? we had to use a sleep fairy to get dd to go through the night, dd would be rewarded with silly little things like some new hair slides or a new colouring in book etc if she stayed in her own bed all night so maybe something similar could help you get her back on track and have dry days. Good luck and hope you get it sorted soon

Have had this problem a few times with DS in the past.

As others have said, I would first get her checked out to make sure there is not a medical reason. But if you have been on holiday, you have possibly been choosing the toilet break times a lot, and she may have just got out of the habit of thinking about when she needs to go. DS used to get so busy playing that he wouldn't think about it, and would try to hold it so he could play for longer. It took a lot of reminding, sometimes me asking every 10 minutes, until in the end he would go when he was ready just to shut me up! Give plenty of rewards when she does start going again.

Hope you get this sorted! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter