Need opinions- bounce back vs annual pass

Discussion in 'Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promot' started by HPS3, Jan 9, 2017.

1. HPS3

HPS3 Disney Fanatic

We are planning a trip for this coming May, and are trying to decide if we should get annual passes for the first time ever, since we know we also want to visit again within a year for Mardi Gras 2018 (which will be in Feb). It would save us some money on tickets. However, I wonder if there is a possibility of being able to book a bounce back trip for Feb in which case we would have to buy a package with tickets, obviously making the annual pass not worth it. I have been reading that most often the bounce back offer is for free dining. Is this typically true, and what would be the better value? If we stay at a value resort in May, can we even book a bounce back for a moderate, or does the offer only apply to a future value resort stay?

2. frannn

frannn <font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread

You are able to book any class of resort that the BB includes, regardless of which type of resort you are currently staying at. If you purchase APs in addition to your package, you are able to save the tickets that come with your package for use on a future trip (provided you don't use them at all). You would need to visit Guest Services prior to park entry and have them prioritize your MDE linked tickets to have the APs used first. Which is cost effective depends on the specifics of your package, your family, and all your plans.

HPS3 likes this.
  3. HPS3

HPS3 Disney Fanatic

Thank you so much! I didn't know you could do this. So if we wanted to go ahead and get the APs this year and take our trip in May, and end up not getting a bounce back offer for the following February trip, we really won't have lost anything. It was like a gamble, not getting the APs and just hoping for an offer that would be sufficient to us, so this is like a bonus.

4. BWallaceKY

BWallaceKY Earning My Ears

Passholders are also offered discounts on rooms. We bought APs because we knew we would be going twice in a one year period (since we have them, we're adding another trip!) I think once you reach 10 or 11 days in the park it is cheaper to buy APs. I compared the pricing for our family and the savings is HUGE. We also bought one Tables in Wonderland card for discounts on dining. That plus the AP room discount and savings in ticket prices has more than made up for the food we have purchased. I was worried about it because we have been 5 times in the past and always snagged free dining. We really haven't missed it though!

5. DaisyDuck001

DaisyDuck001 DIS Veteran

Which is usually a lower rate: the room-only bounceback rate, or the passholder discount rate?