Need infomation about oxygen on flights and in Orlando

lovingthemouse

magic is in the heart of the beholder...
My husband may need some oxygen in 2 weeks when we travel - thought i would find out before it is too late to make arrangement. He is getting over pneumonia and is currently using O2 at home. If her needs it- what are the airlines provisions - specifically Delta? Will call them tomorrow to ask but thought someone here might know tonight. Thanks. Caroline

When you contact Delta ask for their Special Services" office. Most airlines either do not allow oxygen or are extremely strict for safety reasons.

As far as here in Orlando, ask the company which is currently providing your oxygen for a correspondent company. This way they will handle setting everything up for you and will work with your insurance.

I checked into oxygen while flying a few months ago and airlines provide oxygen...at a cost. If I remember correctly, it was $100.00 a flight. You would have to make your own arrangements for when you get off the plane and while your at Disney. You can't bring your own tanks on the plane.

Brenda in Michigan

You also need to contact his doctor and the local oxygen company about it. For someone on oxygen, the airline will need a certificate from the doctor that says it is safe for the person to even be traveling.
I'd probably start with the company you are currently getting oxygen from. Even though this is new to you, they have probably arranged it before. The airlines have to provide the oxygen themselves for safety reasons, but they will need some information from the oxygen company and his doctor (regarding settings to use, type of equipment he uses). And, as was already posted, you will need his current company to arrange oxygen when you get there anyway. The oxygen company you normally use will be able to coordinate getting all the orders/paperwork taken care of.
Hopefully, you already found this, but here is a link to the Delta Special Needs page:
http://www.delta.com/care/faq/travel_faq/special_concerns/index.jsp#oxygen
(if the link doesn't work, go to www.delta.com
On the bottom of the left hand column, there is a link labeled "Site map and Search". Click on that and search for Oxygen.)
It does say that oxygen is not available on Delta Connection and Song flights. It also says they need 48 hours notice to provide oxygen.

Good luck and let us know how it went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter