Need Help

autochick

Mouseketeer
I need Help:

I am trying to find a recipe for cookies in a jar. I want to make up jars with cookie mixes and give them for Christmas. I have one quart canning jars that I would like to use.

M&M Gift Jar Cookie Mix

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This “cookie jar” makes a colorful homemade gift for any occasion.

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup “M&M’s”® Chocolate Mini Baking Bits, divided
1/2 cup raisins
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1-1/4 cups uncooked quick oats

In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In 1-quart clear glass jar with tight-fitting resealable lid, layer flour mixture, walnuts, 1/2 cup “M&M’s”® Chocolate Mini Baking Bits, raisins, brown sugar, remaining 1/2 cup “M&M’s”® Chocolate Mini Baking Bits and oats. Seal jar; wrap decoratively.
Give as a gift with the following instructions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets; set aside. In large bowl, beat 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, 1 large egg and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract until well blended. Stir in contents of jar until well blended. Roll into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets; cool completely on wire racks. Store in tightly covered container.

Makes 4 dozen cookies

COOKIE JAR SUGAR COOKIE MIX IN A JAR

1 1/2 cups white sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Combine the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. In a clean 1 quart sized glass jar with a wide mouth layer the white sugar followed by the flour mixture. Press firmly in place and seal.

Attach a card with the following instructions:

Sugar Cookies

In a large bowl: beat 1 egg with 1 cup softened butter or margarine until light and fluffy. At low speed of an electric mixer add 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and contents of jar. Mix until combined, using hands if necessary. Cover dough and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

Remove dough from the refrigerator. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Roll chilled dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8" thick. Cut dough into desired shapes. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375°F (190°C) for 10 to 12 minutes. (Makes 2 dozen)

you can go to ask.com or google and do a search for cookie jar mixes...several pop up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter