Need help with video

mostyn17

DIS Veteran
I made a video of our Disney Cruise vacation...and have was wondering if there was a website I can upload it on. Its a pretty big video and I wanted to share it with some friends and family.

Thanks in advance!

Travis

mostyn17 said:
I made a video of our Disney Cruise vacation...and have was wondering if there was a website I can upload it on. Its a pretty big video and I wanted to share it with some friends and family.

Thanks in advance!

Travis

I've used and like Streamload.com. They have various rates that give you limited downloads per month. Rates run something like $4.95/month for 1GB of downloads per month, $9.95/month for 10GB of downloads per month, 25GB for $19.95 and 60GB for $39.95. Each time your video's downloaded, it uses up some of your monthly limit. Let's say you're video is 100mb uploaded. If you purchase the 1GB per month deal, that provides for up to 10 downloads by friends or family in one month, then you have to either upgrade and buy more download space or wait until the end of the month when it regenerates.

Travis - when you say "pretty big"... just how big?

And what format is it encoded in?

Most websites where you can upload video will cost you something. I, for example, use my .mac account... but I am guessing you probably use a Windows PC rather than Mac?

Anyway, most websites allow you to buy a certain amount of space for file uploading, but a video of any length more than a few minutes will probably be several GB, which can get fairly expensive!

I usually make a shortened version of my videos for the web, maybe 2 or 3GB max, and encode them in Hi-res Quicktime format (mpeg3).

Otherwise, from a cost standpoint, tell your family they have to wait for you to send them a DVD copy. ;)

Hope this helps !!

'Beano' :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts