Need help with splitting up budget

pyrxtc

<font color=deeppink>Married 10-5-02<br><font colo
I am planning a trip for October 2005.I am taking along a family friend who will be 15 at the time to help with my kids and so DH and I can get out at night by ourselves.

Her mother wants to know how much we are spending on her so she can contribute. She wants to see what I have to add for a budget for her DD to come with us. So I am showing her the diufference of what it would cost for us to go alone and for us to take her DD with us?

I invited her DD cuz she will be a big help to us and despite having been to Orlando many times and having relatives who work in WDW, she has been to MK once and only for 1/2 day when she was 8. I have planned to pay for everything for her DD and did not ask her mother to pay for anything. We are driving down, have the extra room in our hotel room, and will require her to go to the park with us each day so we can have the extra hands with our 4 kids. We are also doing two charachter breakfasts, and MNSSHP. Those are extra's that I don't think her mother should even worry about. I was just thinking that she would need some spending money and thats all.

What would you tell the mothert that it is costing you extra on? Just the park tickets and some food? I am buying Q&C vouchers so some food will be shared and some meals will be eaten in the room. Help!!

This girl is someone I used to babysit when I was younger. Her mother is a single parent for the last four years. She has two kids living at home and this is her youngest. She doesn't make a lot of money and I really don't want her to feel any kind of financial burden with her DD going with us.

i would just let your friend know that you really want to do this for her daughter. if she wants to contribute, i would pick the most inexpensive thing to suggest to her. you could suggest $20 or $25/day for food and souvenirs. i recently took my niece and nephew with me to florida and it took some convincing to not have my sister worry about giving me money for them. i just had to keep stressing that i wanted to do this for them and they finally went along with just giving them extra allowance for a special souvenir or something. above all, let your friend know that you have already planned for her daughter (even if you have not) and that she is no strain on your budget.

Have Fun!

If one of the reasons is to help with your kids I would tell her mother just spending money. We invited DD's best friend as my DD's birthday present and picked up the tab for everything but her mother gave us money anyway so we let her use it for souvineers and snacks.

If you do break down the expenes for her mom (I would not)why don't you include a breakdown of the "going rate" for professional babysitters and kids clubs at WDW . Add the convinience factor and she should see that there is no need to contribute. She will see that it is a win-win scenario.

But sure, she should be sent with spending money for souveniers and snacks.

I would only expect her to pay for souvenirs. She's helping out with the kids and her pay is the trip. Seems like a good deal for all involved! I wouldn't even expect her mom to pay for the park tickets, but if she insists that's as much as I'd let her pay.

T&B

Tell her mom it's a "business" trip. Her DD will be "working" so just like any good business trip all expenses except extras are paid for. The only thing she should worry about is the young lady's spending money and luggage (she may want to pack some personal snacks in her bags):earsgirl:

Ditto everyone's previous post. I would also say 25-35 dollars a day incase she wants some souviners(sp)...or not to ask you to purchase everything. She might feel akward asking for snacks etc....she should have a little money of her own to have a good time, but the amout really depends on the age and what the girl likes.

I would print out some of the rates for the kids clubs and tell the mother that you just totally appreciate what she can contribute to your family and vice versa. The girl has lots of time to work and save for spending money. This should take a lot of the pressure off the mom because when she sees those child care rates she'll realize her girl is really earning all that you'll be out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter