Need help with cheap airfare!

JerseyMamaBear

DIS Veteran
So here is my situation. I need to book 2 airline tickets from the NJ area (Atlantic City, Newark, Philly of NY) to Ft Lauderdale on Frinday Nov 6 (early am) thru Monday Nov 9th (afternoon) for a short cruise I am taking my 13 year old on. We recieved a great past passenger rate along with on board credits for those dates. Being that it is "Jersey Week" with most schools on teachers convention, the prices are higher then I am usually willing to book.
Leaving a day earlier or comming home later is not an option for us.
Here are a few options I am looking at and could use some help.

If I book with Spirit out of Atlantic City, with discounts it will cost $402.00. Since we live 30 minutes from there I will be getting a ride so parking fees will not be an issue.
Pros: Close to home
COns: They will not match fees if they go done and they cost about $100 more then some other airports. Plus charge for bags, although we will only be taking 1 lg suitcase.

Another option is out of NY, a much further distance for $100 less but factor in over 2 hours of driving, toll and gas there will be no real savings.

Other airports like NEwark and Philly are around the $350-400 mark, but again travel and tolls.

I know Atlantic City is my best bet but I hate to book and have the price go down but on the other hand, hate to not book and they price go up again.

Can anyone think of another solution or suggestion that I can use or what you guys may do? Thanks

I'd go ahead and book it out of AC. Parking fees at LGA or JFK are crazy and would eat up more than what you'd save -- DH just came back from a business trip where he parked at LGA and for four days of parking it was $111.

Good luck and have a great trip!

PS - Try www.kayak.com to search for airfares; they can search multiple airports and on different days.

Hey Jerseygirl,

We are going that week too, flying home on Nov 9. AC is great and cheap. I live in Northern NJ, and am flying out of White Plains to Orlando (HPN is the airport code). It is right over the Tappan Zee Bridge (we live in Mahwah). Delta is $168 with a stop in Atlanta. We are flying JetBlue $188 non-stop. The fairs for FL, Miami, etc... are just as cheap.

Stewart Airport is an option, but a bit further for you.

Good luck!!

Sorry, I just read your post again. You are getting $402 total (I thought that was for one ticket). AC is your BEST BET.

Donna

Thanks for the help, the one side of me says wait to see but the worried side says do it now before it gets worse.

You may want to sign up for daily alerts from airfare watchdog, there have been some great deals lately :) Good luck!

So I am glad I waited, today Spirit had a sale for $50 off each ticket so I was able to save some big bucks with our flight down only costing $40 plus fees and $115 on the return trip. Still higher then I like to spend but much better then before. Thanks for all the help.

check with abe...non airtran is flying direct for like 64. each way to fll...not sure if they fly your dates though

Yeah, spirit has different prices almost every day. I'm glad to hear you got a better price. And personally, I like Atlantic city airport so much better than Philly or NY. Since it's so small it cuts out a lot of frustrations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter