• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

need help to pick GF lagoon view room

dylansdad

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Just booked GF lagoon view for Nov. Can anyone tell me which bldg they prefer. What room would I want to get a MK view. .Any bldg/room to stay away from. Thanks

I like the Big Pine Key. Most of the lagoon view rooms don't face the castle, so make sure you request a MK View. We stayed in a lagoon view (with MK View) in Big Pine Key last month, and really loved it! Otherwise, Boca Chica is a good choice. If you just want to focus on the Castle and not the rest of the resort area, Sago Cay and Conch Key are good choices. You can see the monorail from both of those buildings as well.

I'm pretty sure all lagoon view rooms in Conch Key are castle view. There are three possible views from Conch Key, one is marina, one is castle and one is garden.

Anne

Originally posted by dylansdad
Just booked GF lagoon view for Nov. Can anyone tell me which bldg they prefer. What room would I want to get a MK view. .Any bldg/room to stay away from. Thanks

I think Boca Chica's got some GREAT MK/lagoon view rooms.

I would definitely go with Conch Key if you can get it over Boca Chica. We stayed at Boca Chica and paid LV prices. It was last Jan. and very low attendance and I specifically asked for castle view. Boy, was I disappointed. First of all, the patio wall was too high to sit and enjoy the view, you had to stand. Then we looked straight at the Contemporary. In order to see the castle, you had to lean over the railing and look way to the left and behind a palm tree.

I do think Boca Chica has some nice views, but your chances are much better at Conch Key.

Ityldu, I may have asked you this before, but what was your room number at the GF? I want to mark it down as a "room to avoid".

Thanks.

If you go to the official WDW site and look at the GF section. Under the room plan you can see a 360 degree view of the room we had in Conch Key 7425. If you visit www.readersclubhouse.com and open up the Member Magic section, you will see a recent posting by Anahlira. She has some photos of the view from her room in Conch Key 7125. If you can't find it, I imagine it is also on her website: www.ourlaughinplace.com

The rooms have the same view, but one is on the main floor and the other on the top floor. First floor would have more of a large patio (two in fact!) while the top floor has a dormer ceiling (bigger room since it is the corner) with the two balconies (one is small). We could not see the castle from our beds, but I believe the bigger patios/balconies on the lower floors allow you to do so. I'm going to guess that 7225 and 7325 are also double balcony rooms.

It is also nice to see the boat launch - we would wait in our room until we saw the boat headed our way. Regardless of where you stay, you'll love it.

Cali-D - I'm sorry, I can never remember room numbers. I'm lucky I remember what floor or even which building it is. I will definitely be writing this info. down on future trips. The best I can say, as I'm sure you already know, it to ask for unobstructed view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter