NEED HELP! spliting trip for free dining?

Born2Cruz

Mouseketeer
I am wondering if someone can help me out. If you need to start your vacation befor free dinning kicks in, say 3 days before. But are staying a total of 10 nights, how can you get in on the free dinning for the second part of your trip.

You will probably have to split it into 2 separate ressies. The first would be the 3 nights without FD. Than 7 days with FD.

When you call to make your ressies, they can tell you the best way to go. I know that if you are at the end of the free DDP, your entire trip inc. free DDP. I don't know how they address it if it overlaps at the start.

The only problem I see is that you have to purchase a min. of a one day park pass per person for the free dining. You would want to be able to get that part (park passes) before your Free Dining reservation starts.

yes - you'd have to purchase park passes with both reservations in order to have dining for both stays.

Because WDW park passes get cheaper the more days you add to one park pass, it can mess up a budget to have to buy park tickets for two separate stays.

The package reservation can be purchased with as little as a one-day base ticket per person, but you do have to buy theme park tickets to get free dining. If the free dining stay was first, you could buy tickets to cover the entire stay with that package - but since it isn't first you definitely have to buy tickets twice, unless you don't need park tickets for the first three nights.

Your check-in date must be August 16 or after for free dining so you'd have to split into two reservations. They won't extend dates at the beginning of the promotion.

You could buy your 10 day tickets with your 1st reservation. Then either a 1 day ticket, or another "full" set with your 2nd reservation. As tickets never expire, you can put these extra tickets away for your next trip and book a room only. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter