• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Help, Solo Traveler Hotel Recommendations?

msr709

DISfan forever
I am going on a very tight budget alone to WDW/USF and was hoping to get some input on what I need. I don't drive. I would like a safe, clean, hotel with a decent pool and maybe close to restaurants I can walk to or if the hotel has a deli/counter is OK. I plan on taking it very easy so I would like someplace with a complimentary shuttle to the parks. I've reserved at the Ramada Plaza & Gateway Inn because the shuttles go to all places, WDW, USF and Seaworld but I'm getting worried since no one has answered my previous post regarding this Hotel. I'm not married to Ramada I just picked it because of the shuttles to all the parks I want to see. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm in my late 40s but noise and kids don't bother me, (the more the merrier) but cleaniness and safety is definitely a factor for me. Thanks to anyone that can offer me some input.

If the All Stars are not in your budget I would definately search under the word Calypso and then maybe look into the Entertainment rate there. It's a brand new property, free shuttles to all area parks including Sea World and Universal. The pool looks beautiful AND the entertainment rate has been running 39.50 a night.

Whichever hotel you book, I would check on the shuttle. Most off-site hotels have shuttles that run rather infrequently. We recently stayed at the Days Inn Maingate East, and were very glad that we had a rental car. There were many people standing in line for the shuttle for a very long time. Most shuttles just run for opening and closing. So... a hotel with a regular shuttle that runs all day may be worth a few extra dollars.

As for the Days Inn, it was not as nice as the Ramada, and they nickeled and dimed you to death with extra fees.

Good luck!

I see that you have stayed in All Stars before so maybe that is in your budget with a Disney Club discount or AP. Have you checked the mousesavers and orlandotripplanner websites? They have lots of codes for all different price ranges . I would opt for the Disney hotel only because you are familiar with everything and you know the transportation system. The only problem is you are limited to Disney. Try to bring along some breakfast items and also juice that you can keep in the ice bucket in your room. That will be a small savings. As you know you don't have to go far for counter service there and you can even get milk for cereal . Good luck with your choice.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Another option is to select a hotel in Lake Buena Vista. I've stayed solo in a couple places on Palm Parkway (Sierra Suites and Hampton Inn) and felt very safe. The location was also convenient if you want to walk to restaurants. Each hotel offers a limited park shuttle service and a free breakfast buffet.

Thanks for all your suggestions, but I decided to stay on-site. I made reservations for the ASMu this past Monday for the rate of $74 (with one of Mary's discount codes, Thank you Mary) and when I got home there one of those wonderful postcards (which I never received before) from Disney with a discount for the moderates for $84 per night and decided to upgrade. Now I'm going to the Caribbean Beach Resort! Doing the happy dance right now!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Even though its a little more than what I wanted to spend, I feel more at ease. Thanks for all your help!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter