• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Help/Info for HM trip gone terribly Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to here about your trip.

Definately write them a letter. I wrote a letter when we returned from our last trip over Christmas week in 2001. I actually sent the letter to guest communications as well as WL. Basically, I preordered a cake for my son's 3rd birthday -- which falls on 12/25. I not only pre-ordered the cake, I verified it 3 times, including the morning of his B-Day.

Well, the cake never showed. I was furious!

Anyhow, sorry for babbling, but shortly after I sent the letter, I received a phone call. They ended up sending my son a personalized autograph pic of Buzz/Woody and a Disney Matchbox set.

Good luck! Make sure you let us know how you make out.

Originally posted by ducklite [/i]

Next, I don't see how Disney owes you anything. I've had MANY times that I was sick on WDW trips and couldn't leave my room for a day or two. Does that mean that I'm entitled to anything? I wouldn't dream of asking.]

I don't understand this hostility towards the OP. She was merely explaining what happened. Geesh, ducklite, you really come across as one bitter person.

As to you cmmam, all you can do is ask, it can't hurt. I am sorry your honeymoon was not as magical as you had hoped:D
And hopefully the next trip will bring smiles. Congratulations on you wedding and good luck to you.

I'm not hostile towards the OP. I'm just questioning her motives.

If she thinks the bus ride caused the back problems, she should have come right out and said so.

If she doesn't, then why was it mentioned at all?

It seems to me that she should be able to take the difference between the cost of the room and meals that were eaten, less the park admission and "wishes" that they didn't get, and ask for the insurance to reimburse those things.

As far as the missed memories, money can't buy those, so why are you asking for it? As long as you are "made whole" on your financial losses by the insurance, I don't know why you expect Disney to do anything more.

Lots of people get sick at WDW and miss part of their vacation. It happens. WDW shouldn't be held accountable to reimburse every parent of every kid who ends up with an ear infection and sick in bed for a majority of their holiday. They'd be crazy to! It's the same principle.

If you really feel that your back problem was caused by the bus driver, then you should speak to a lawyer to get reimbursement from WDW. Otherwise, take it as a bad experience, one that happens to A LOT OF PEOPLE, and hope that the next time will be a better trip.

Anne

I'm not hostile towards the OP. I'm just questioning her motives
I can't believe that we are now questioning the motives of this poor girl. I thought we were all fellow posters and not judges or juries.

All she did is tell her story and ask for advice not bashing. She had a legitimate question re: usued wish items.

It really makes anyone wonder whether or not to post for fear of bashing.

Wow, this certainly feels like one hostile thread!

I feel like I'm on the debate board ;)

Originally posted by lizzie64
All she did is tell her story and ask for advice not bashing. She had a legitimate question re: usued wish items.

And I gave her a legitimate answer. Her travel insurance should be able to reimburse her for these. End of story.

Anne

While in Epcot in 2001 our 5 year old fell and required 5 stitches in his forehead. As the paramedics examined our child in the guest services office, a cm gave my husband one day hoppers to replace the "day" we had lost from the accident. This was at 3 pm in the afternoon (we hopped to Epcot from MK). This was not something we asked for, and when my husband was surprised the cm explained this was a very common practice they did when someone had an accident or became ill in the parks. Perhaps Disney will see your situation in much the same light as this. Hope your back spasms are long behind you and that snow all melted!

Elizabeth

Originally posted by ducklite
And I gave her a legitimate answer. Her travel insurance should be able to reimburse her for these. End of story.

Anne

I suggest you reread your posts. They do come off a bit hostile. Especially the "questioning her motives" part. I swear my jaw dropped to my keyboard when I read that.

I would guess that that would be Disney's option, not yours.

My goodness. Of course you should write. You paid for those magical wishes and I cannot imagine Disney not trying to help you in some way. It will cost them nearly nothing to allow you to use unused wishes on your next trip. You paid for them! Documenting what happened to you will be easy. They certainly know when their staff has called an ambulance for a visitor and if and when Magical Wishes were used. Funny, I never even noticed your reference to the bus driver. I had to go back and read it again. I guess sometimes we see what we are looking for, right or wrong.

I hope you continue to feel better and enjoy your next trip with your family.

New brides deserve lots of magical wishes! Please accept mine.

Originally posted by cmmam

My question is, does anyone know if we have any chance of getting a credit of some sort from Disney for the trip we never used? We had the silver plan. We used less than 1/2 our wishes and that includes wasting them on food at the Roaring Forks just because we knew we couldn't go to the parks.

First let me say I'm sorry for your honeymoon turning out the way it did. I do think if the situation is presented to Disney, that they would make some sort of restitution. I'm sure they can verify exactly what was used.

I really do not know what prompts some posters hostility. You were clearly just asking for advice and you certainly did not come across as looking for a "hand-out". Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

And I am not questioning your motives!!!

ducklite -

You question my motives??? That is highly offending.

I mentioned the bus ride because my husband does feel that it aggravated my back, but never have we said or thought that it was the sole cause.

The Disney travel insurance will cover the secondary medical expenses, the cost of food and lodging for the extended stay and the cost of changing our flights. As far as I have found so far, they will not cover the cost of the wishes not used or any other part of the package we could not use.

If the insurance covered those items as well, this post would not exist as a question, but just as a sad story shared on a community board.

When I say I am wondering if they would consider a credit toward a future trip, I am thinking a few hundred dollars at best, not the cost of a trip.

Rather than trying to paint me as some sort of money-grubbing person who is trying to rip-off Disney, go back and re-read the tone of my posts.

I don't think anywhere in there I have said I was angry or bitter or looking for a refund of "stolen" memories. I am not worried about the memories we were unable to make. I am looking forward to a new trip with my family that will create it's own memories.

Mrs. M

lizzie64, MOMTOMOOTOO, Liv2CdWorld. . .ditto the sentiments. Of course, I've seen this type of post far too often these days. . .must be the winter weather! :confused:

Some posters get under my skin by acting the way they do,the poor girl just asked a question and got bashed by another poster.this happens way to much with a few posters, i think if you cant have something nice to say dont say anything at all.

as far as any compensation i think you should try to send a letter or email and see if they could maybe let you have some of the wishes from your silver plan to use on a future trip.

I only have read your first post and didn't read the rest. When my husband died 2ys ago at WDW, we still have 2 days left on our pass. Disney was willing to reimburse us. I decided not to get reimbursed. I feel like I wanted to hang on to what might have been...if he has was was still here...like the pass is waiting to be used. Did I make any sense here? I can get sentimental here.

Anyway...If Disney have enough compasion for you for what you've been through especially during your HM...then I don't see why they won't reimburse you for what was not used.

I am very sorry that you went through what you went through during your HM. Yes, there will be next year to make it up...and I am sure it is going to be a wonderful one!!

Well congratulations on your wedding.

May I suggest that the best thing to do is IGNORE the posters who bother you. I try to do that. (Although I don't always succeed, you should see the mess I got into on the Community Board over people who think all Europeans are rude!) As you can tell by reading these boards, rudeness is multi-cultural- unfortunatly!

I hope you and your husband and DD have many happy trips to Disney!

I can't see a refund or a credit in this case -- not trying to be hostile, that's just how I see it.

What did they promise you when you purchased a package?

A room -- you got that. Yes, it's awfully disappointing that you didn't get to leave it, but they did provide what they'd promised.

Unlmited tickets from the time of your arrival to the time of your departure. The parks were available to you -- they couldn't help that you were hurt. Again, it's terrible that you weren't able to use them, but they did fulfill their end of the deal: they had everything available. Personally, this is one reason I like park hoppers better. If you'd had park hoppers, they'd still be good for your next trip (I know -- not helpful now -- sorry).

The magical wishes -- you might have a leg to stand on here. You purchased X number of meals (or other services), and you didn't eat them all. On the other hand, the agreement was that the wishes were to be used on certain dates, and that didn't happen.

Yet another reason not to book a package! I'm sure you paid a pretty penny just to stay in a hotel!

I can't believe that all of this happened! If I were in charge I would invite you back to use what you did not use- x number of park days (whatever you missed) and the wishes. Good luck!

MrsPete, I can definately see your point and agree with what you said - if you were talking about almost any company except Disney. You are correct that her time for using the passes/wishes has expired, but Disney has a great reputation for going above and beyond for their guests, IMO it is because they know that they are known for this great reputation, and repeat customers and word of mouth will gain them way more than they would spend. At least I hope so for cmmam!
cmmam, I hope that you are feeling better and that Disney spreads a little magic your way, not because they are obligated to but because it would be a good thing to do. I also have seen many angry posts lately and just don't understand. I just try to ignore them and not let them affect me.
Happy planning for next year!

I don't think the OP is entitled to anything from Disney. It dosen't sound like she's expecting or demanding anything either. But she did pay for her wishes and didn't get to use them. It would be nice on Disney's part if they sent her some vouchers or figured out a way to let her use them on a future trip. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter