Need help from experienced Croc experts

I_Believe_In_Faries

Mouseketeer
So after hearing all the stories about people who bought Crocs and love them for disney I have decided i was going to go and get my first pair of crocs :banana: I get to the store and they are the hefty price of $30. Are they really worth the price? I walked around in the store in them and they are very cushy. I also saw a knock off brand, i think called air-walks, that looked just like them only they were $15. Are there any differences in the Crocs and Airwalks? Anyone own the knock offs and love them? I need help. Whch to buy? and are the Crocs really worth it? Thank you in advanced. :goodvibes

I don't know if there's a difference between the Crocs and the Airwalks, but the Crocs I have are just as comfortable as the $100 shoes I bought for work as a nurse (and those were worth the price for the comfort). So, what I'm saying is that, in my opinion, the Crocs comfort is definitely worth the $30.

I own both Crocs and Airwalks, and LOVE them both!!!!! I have about two of each brand. The airwalks are softer on the inside. I say, crocs are definitly worth the $30, but if it's too hefty, then the $15 airwalks are just as fantastic!
I work in a greenhouse and use a pair of the airwalks in there- worn about 5/7 days a week. They're still in great shape.
Crocs have been worn to multiple theme parks and around here for shopping. Also, in fantastic shape.
I definitly notice less foot pain w/ both of them! Hope you get some! Your feet will love you!

I have a pair of Croc sandals that are fabulous! There was NO breaking in period, not even in between the toe! I know I will wear them all the time on our trip next month!

Just so you know, Airwalk may make a generic Croc, but theya re not a generic brand. They make some good shoes. My brother informed me of this when I called them generic. I love all styles of my crocs.

i have 1 pair of real Crocs, and 6 pairs of airwalks - can you tell which ones are more comfie for me???? i work at a hospital, and everyone is getting the cool airwalk swirls and colors - its a lot of fun for a great price!! :thumbsup2

The swirls are awesome. DD wants a pair. The Airwalks are very similar to the crocs. The Airwalk "Aspen" style is not, those really hurt between the toes where as the Crocs do not. We got a pair of the Airwalks that are like shoes for $7.00 in orange which is DD's favorite color and she hasn't taken them off. Try the Airwalks to see if you like them and then if you do try the Crocs. My feet are very sensitive and I lived in Birkenstocks before the Crocs came along so to me they're a bargain.

I have a pair of Crocs that I have on all the time, love them, I also hav a pair of off brands called Ricks that I use in the yard and garden.

My sister just got a pair of clogs from allheartdotcom and thinks they are better then Crocs, I ordered a pair today $8.99 plus shipping for a total of $15.03, this is a medical uniform place, I will let you know how thwy are.

We bought 3 pair a little over 1 year ago and I can say that they really do hold up better than I thought they would!

My kids have worn them like crazy, been rough on them, scrubbed them down when they were dirty and they are just now showing wear.

They are very comfortable, can get wet and my kids love 'em! They have lasted WAY better than the cheaper imitations.
Just my .02. :wave:

DD and I both have airwald clog style that we wear all the time, and wore throughout our Disney trip. Love them. I must say though...I have the Croc Athens (thong style sandals) and they are much more comfortable to me that the similar Airwalk ones. They just didn't fit me right.

Definately worth the money either way!!

I hope it's ok, but I'm going to tag on to the original poster's question and add one of my own.

I want to order a pair of crocs, but have not found any around here to try on and would rather not have to hunt all over so was thinking of ordering online. But I don't know what size to order. I've heard to order big and I've also heard to order small. Huh? Anyway I wear an 8.5 or 9 (women's). Any ideas?

Oh and are there any major differences in comfort between the different Croc styles? I'm thinking the Beach style but I don't know.

TIA

The Beach style is wider than the Cayman. They are both the clog style. If you have very narrow feet get the Cayman. I wear a 9.5 and wear a 9 in the Cayman and a Large in the Beach. I tried a medium in the Beach and it is just to small. So that said I would order a Medium if I wore a 8.5.
I also have several pair of the clogs from Allheart.com. I really like them. They do not have the back strap like the Crocs but most of the time I don't use the strap. I would check out all heart, last time I looked they were on sale, and they give good service.

DumboDash2006 said:
I hope it's ok, but I'm going to tag on to the original poster's question and add one of my own.

I want to order a pair of crocs, but have not found any around here to try on and would rather not have to hunt all over so was thinking of ordering online. But I don't know what size to order. I've heard to order big and I've also heard to order small. Huh? Anyway I wear an 8.5 or 9 (women's). Any ideas?

Oh and are there any major differences in comfort between the different Croc styles? I'm thinking the Beach style but I don't know.

TIA

I'm pretty sure that "question hitch-hiking" is okay (I do it often, so I hope so!). I also where anywhere from 8-9 and bought a women's Medium in the beach style. Perfect fit, and quite possibly the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn (including the $100 Danskos I have). The great thing about the Beach is that the strap can be worn up over the foot or behind the ankle.

If you're worried about size, buy a pair from Zappos.com ... They are wonderful... free shipping, BOTH ways... If the first pair doesn't fit, return the them, order a new pair, and so on until you find a pair that fits... Took me THREE tries to get it right, but now that I know my Crocs size they will only have to pay for shipping one way... :goodvibes

Where do you buy Airwalks??!
I have 3 pair of crocs but I'm game to try the Airwalks too! :)

Chris said:
Where do you buy Airwalks??!
I have 3 pair of crocs but I'm game to try the Airwalks too! :)

Payless Shoe Source. I have 2 pairs of Crocs but I'm thinking of trying the Airwalk version of the Athens. I also saw a pair of Croc knockoffs at Payless the other day that were shaped kind of like Keen sandals. The only color they had was orange though, and that is NOT my color.. ;)

DumboDash, I also wear an 8½-9, and I take a Medium 8-9 in Crocs (Beach is the only style I own).

Nurses At Work Love Airwalks Equally As Well As Crocs, 14.99 A Piece... About 150 Nurses

Watch out for the Crocs. I am very disappointed with that company. Every pair of Crocs that I have tried on in my area are hard and not squishy at all!! Nothing at all like the Crocs I already own. They are trying to keep up with demand and doing a BAD job. I am also afraid to order any online. I got burned with that one. The ones made in Mexico are really bad and the ones from China are not sized right. A clerk told me they had gotten a letter from the Croc company apologizing for the quality of the shoes. This past weekend we tried Crocs and Airwalks and the Airwalks were much softer and more comfortable. I have emailed the Crocs folks several times and never gotten a reply. Hopefully, they can get things turned around and get squishy again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter