Need help deciding between two rooms!

Riviera preferred studio, or Garden Wing water view with 1 extra night?

• Garden Wing and 1 extra night

Votes: 41 95.3%
  • Riviera preferred studio

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

EpcotPhoenician

Thank the Phoenicians
I’m looking for a staycation over 4th of July weekend. I’m a single adult and will spend most time poolside, and will do the MK 4th of July fireworks on the 3rd or 4th.

Option 1 (currently booked)- A deluxe studio with preferred view at Riviera. I visit here all the time, and I love the aesthetic of the resort, and the pool is always looking pristine and relaxing. I also like that it’s far away from the parks, but Skyliner access is there. Given that it’s a July trip, I’m anticipating the Skyliner to possibly go down for storms, and I hate the idea of using the bus service.

Option 2 - Contemporary Garden Wing with Water View. This option is cheaper, so I’d also be able to add an extra night. I have stayed in the main tower before (club level), but it was a bit too noisy for me, with the noise from the atrium echoing up to my room. I also like the idea of walking back to my room after the 4th of July fireworks in MK.

Which would you pick? Ultimately, I’m just looking for a relaxing long weekend. I won’t spend too much time in the parks.

Voted for the Garden Wing for convenience. As long as you realize beforehand that you are not in the Main Tower. Some people get upset when they realize this. Add that extra day in. Since you stay at Rivera a lot, you won't be missing anything.

I definitely like the idea of the Garden Wing over Riviera for this stay!

I voted for Riviera, even though it is one day shorter. CR doesn't seem to be a relaxing resort or have the aesthetics that you like at Riviera.

I would vote for Riviera because it's more relaxing, has better pools, has better food, and a beautiful aesthetic for a staycation. It WILL rain during your stay so having everything in one building is a plus. The transportation back to Riviera will be awful after the MK fireworks but that is only one night.

If budget and availability were better, GF would be the ultimate staycation. Whether in the hotel or DVC.

Have fun either way!!!

If budget and availability were better, GF would be the ultimate staycation. Whether in the hotel or DVC.

Have fun either way!!!
I stayed there a few weeks ago, and the walls were SOOOOO paper thin that I vowed to never stay there again. It literally felt like I was in the room with my neighbors, even though they were super quiet.

It seems to be a common complaint. There’s an entire YouTube video about it!

I stayed there a few weeks ago, and the walls were SOOOOO paper thin that I vowed to never stay there again. It literally felt like I was in the room with my neighbors, even though they were super quiet.

It seems to be a common complaint. There’s an entire YouTube video about it!

I feel like Disney must have built some of these buildings with inconsistent sound proofing. Maybe it was damaged or missing on certain floors of certain buildings?? Our 2 stays at GF were both in Sago and we never heard our neighbors but I do see these sound complaints pop up from time to time. It's a shame this issue was not addressed with the recent refurb as they did extensive work on the outside of the buildings. Sigh....

I’m looking for a staycation over 4th of July weekend. I’m a single adult and will spend most time poolside, and will do the MK 4th of July fireworks on the 3rd or 4th.

Option 1 (currently booked)- A deluxe studio with preferred view at Riviera. I visit here all the time, and I love the aesthetic of the resort, and the pool is always looking pristine and relaxing. I also like that it’s far away from the parks, but Skyliner access is there. Given that it’s a July trip, I’m anticipating the Skyliner to possibly go down for storms, and I hate the idea of using the bus service.

Option 2 - Contemporary Garden Wing with Water View. This option is cheaper, so I’d also be able to add an extra night. I have stayed in the main tower before (club level), but it was a bit too noisy for me, with the noise from the atrium echoing up to my room. I also like the idea of walking back to my room after the 4th of July fireworks in MK.

Which would you pick? Ultimately, I’m just looking for a relaxing long weekend. I won’t spend too much time in the parks.
More time is better 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tough. Walking back after fireworks at MK sounds great- but the RIV pools are just so nice and that’s where you’re spending most of your time… so I’m gonna vote RIV but I can see the dilemma.

I would go for the Garden Wing with the extra night. I really enjoyed my two nights in the garden Wing. It was very relaxing, and the room will be significantly larger than your Riviera studio.

As someone who has been several times for the 4th of july, and will be traveling this year for the 4th of july and staying at BLT. BOOK CONTEMPORARY. I promise you. The walk from MK to room when it's hot, the view with the fireworks, noise isn't an issue in contemp garden rooms. Water view will be very relaxing.

Is VWL (CC or BRV) available?
I vote for the WL too! Cost wise, you should still have the extra day, it's very peaceful, and you could watch the MK fireworks from the lake on the night that you don't go. You will also have the boat ride to and from MK unless you want to take the bus.
Of your 2 posted options, I would pick CR Garden Wing.
Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter