Need help 2 rooms ASMO or OKW???

tynkrB

Mouseketeer
Ok here is the deal. We can get 2 rooms at an All Star OR for a little more we can rent points and stay in a 1 bedroom at OKW. We had wanted to stay at BWV, but it is full for our dates. We really wanted to be within walking distance of Epcot and that was the major selling point for spending the extra $. So our choice now is OKW. we have never stayed there and have no idea what it is like.

My husband is leaning towars an All Star because it's cheaper and he thinks the transportation will basically be the same as OKW so why pay more? We will be using Disney transportation exclusively.

So please if you have advice or input regarding OKW, the transportation or anything else that might help with our decision please let me know.

Thank you!

Kim
:)

How many people are there going to be? What are their ages? How are they related?

Without that info, it's hard to give you solid advice. What I will say is that OKW 1BR has a BR with a King size bed, a huge bathroom area which includes a jacuzzi tub, a washer/dryer and a fully equipped kitchen which combines with a living room to make sort of a great room area. There is a nice deck off the back of the unit, with doors from both the great room and the BR. The couch in the great room opens into a queen size bed, which is very comfortable, from what our friend who has slept on it says.

If it is you and your 2 kids staying, I would definitely go with OKW.You and DH in the BR, kids on the pullout. You'll have a kitchen(saves money on food...you can at least do breakfast there),a washer/dryer in your unit(saves on packing)...the unit lives more like home and less like hotel. If it's 2 adult couples travelling together, I'm not sure what to tell you. Then one couple is on the couch, and how do you determine who that is fairly etc? In that case, I might go with the 2 rooms at the AllStars.

I guess I should have mentioned it will be me, dh and our 2.5 year old. He goes to bed early and we like to have a separate space to spend the evening before we hit the sack.

Thanks for your input. Any info about transportation differences?

Kim:)

2 rooms at the All-Star to give you a seperate area in the evening....if it's that's important to you then I think you'd absolutely love a one-bedroom.

I'm not sure about the difference in buses.....they all have their ups and downs. However, geographically, OKW is much closer to MGM, Epcot and MK than the All-Stars. I'm not sure how big a difference in bus time ride it will make. You are also comparing a Value Resort to a Deluxe Resort so you do not have as many people staying at the resort. You may find the bus rides more comfortable from OKW if they have less people on board.

If you want a separate place to spend the time after your little one goes to bed, there is no place better than OKW. If you put the little one to sleep in the master bedroom, you can either be in the living room area watching TV (and sitting on a real couch, not on a bed) or you can sit out on the porch. It's very private and since there is a french door from the porch to the master bedroom, you can look in on the sleeping child without having to go in. Since you have a full kitchen, you can have coffee or a glass of chilled wine, etc.
The bus transportation is as good or better than at other resorts (we've also stayed at CBR, and both parts of PO. I have read that the bus transportation at AS is often quite crowded.
Here's a link to the DIS page about OKW and another link to the DIS main resorts page since I don't know which AS resort you were thinking of.

Thanks everyone I appreciate the input. It looks like we will be heading to OKW. I can't wait!

Kim:)

Hands down my vote would be for OKW! We stayed for the first time in Dec.'01 and had a two BR, 2 one BR and a studio for a group of 13. What a wonderful place! The extra space was great as was the ability to get away from the hustle and bustle of the parks. We've stayed at BWV a few times but it'll be OKW for us from now on. We're even thinking about adding on points at OKW, just so we can be sure to get ressies. You won't regret your decision to stay there! Have fun:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter