need halloween party games for a gaggle of 9-10yr old girls

nicurn

<font color=red>"dark side" scrapper <br><font col
I don't know what I was thinking, but I now have about 18 girls coming to a halloween party in a week and a half.... (I have lost my mind) anyhow, need games to play. please help! maggie

Halloween Bingo-Instead of numbers put pictures of different Halloween items, Halloween word unscramble, mini pumpkin decorating contest, Halloween pinata, apple bobbing, and donut eatting contest-you can get the Halloween orange donuts.

My brownies love a cake walk, its like musical chairs

first, on the floor you put pieces of paper with pictures. They walk with the music. When the music stops, they are each on a picture. In a hat you have a corresponding picture for each space. When the music stops you draw a card, and the match wins a small prize.

Mummy contest- 3 girls to a group One "mummy" two wrappers. Each group gets a roll of toilet paper. Whichever team can wrap up their "mummy" the fastest wins.

heres a website with a lot of ideas:
http://www.pumpkinnook.com/hween/games.htm

Ya just don't know when to stop do ya?????? But who am I to talk. I think I invited 22 little boys 3-7 years old over for a party. Now that ought to be something!!! I wrote on the bottom of the invite: Parental assistance is appreciated!

I second the ideas of the simple, "old-fashioned" fall sorts of games. A number of years ago we started a joint Cub Scout Girl Scout Halloween party at our local elementary school. It was open ONLY to kids who were in troops/dens associated with that school.

It was incredibly simple - and we found most of the kids had never bobbed for apples before, tried to eat donuts off a string, etc. The most complicated thing we had was a "haunted house" created out of one of the storage closets. That became the traditional 5th grade project. My kids were YOUNG elementary age when this started and I understand it is still going strong. The kids loved that simple stuff - so go with that.

Deb

How about a savenger hunt. You can hide clues and at the end have a witch's caldren filled with candy and treats. It was a big hit at my back to school party.

A costume relay. Split into two teams run down quickly get dressed in a whacky costume run around a circle un dress and then tag the next person.

Ghost in the grave yard. One grave keeper walks around and anyone that moves is out. The person that is the "stillest" wins

These games are in the Penny Whistle Party Planner book by Meredith Brokaw(Tom Brokaw's wife)- I love this book.

Spider Web- have to play this game first. Already have this set up. Have each child get hold of a balloon that is tied to yarn. Have each child start rolling up their yarn into a ball. When you get to the end- there is a prize tied to it. The balloons should have helium in them and just be floating inthe room.

Flashlight Tag- The person who is it gets the flashlight and he shines it on people when he finds them and then they are spooked or caught.

Mummy wrap- Divide into teams of two. Give each team a roll of toilet paper. The whole roll of toilet paper must be used. One person is the mummy and one is the person doing the wrapping. Whoever is done first wins.

Freeze dancing - play music like ghostbusters, Flying purple people eater or Casper the Friendly ghost. Wht the music stops, everone freezes in their position. Good time to take pictures. If someone moves after the music stops they are out.

this book also has recipes and decoration ideas. I used it all the time for my boys' parties.

Have them decorate cookies shaped like pumpkins.
Buy cheap plastic masks at a craft store and let them decorate them with feathers, etc. but not glitter. it is way too messy.
Have them create their own haunted house. they can record themselves making spooky sounds and singing halloween songs. just supply them with sheets and chairs and let them create. i did this when i was younger, and we always brought our mom down to walk through the haunted house. we would have someone pop out of a box and scare her.
Hope this helps!

My daughters birthday is a week before Halloween so each year we've always done a Halloween themed birthday party. Some games I do are:

Bobb for apples (such a hit!!)
Eat donuts off a string
Pass the pumpkin (just like musical chairs have the kids sit in a circle on the floor when the music starts they pass the pumpkin. When it stops that person is out)
Pin the nose on the Pumpkin (just buy a big pumpkin face that you see everywhere, make your own triangle noses with each kids name on them, add a piece of tape and their all set)
Halloween pinata

Have a good time!

One thing my GK enjoy at the church's fall festival is the "Potty Toss" ... some ingenius sole took an inexpensive and *new* toilet seat ... painted it bright orange ... then on the inside of the lid painted eyes and a nose ... they then hung it *opened* so the seat became the mouth ... and you try to toss rolls of toilet through the *mouth*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter