Need advice for the Honeymoon

Tinkfan10

Mouseketeer
Okay.....I have already booked my room at riverside for the honeymoon, I know I have time but now I am do the disney second guessing game. I have stayed at POR since it was Dixie Landings when I was little and it is my favorite resort so I thought it would be perfect for the honeymoon. I have always wanted to stay at FQ and growing up we never did, so that got me thinking would FQ be better for the honeymoon? Now I like the pool and food area at riverside better but with them connecting I don't think that will be a problem. What should I do?

I would stay at POR! We spent our 10th Anniversary there and have stayed there two times since -- LOVE IT!!

I'm really excited for you guys!!:cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay:

Well, you could look at it two ways. If POR has sentimental meaning to you then you could stay there for the fond memories you have. It could be a piece of your past that you share with your new husband. If you do that, I would definitely tell them that you will be on your honeymoon and request a room in the mansions section. That seems very romantic to me.

On the other hand, if you stayed at POFQ it's something new for you and your new husband, and just like your new life together, it will be an adventure! Congratulations!

My DH and I have stayed at both and much prefer POR. For a honeymoon the grounds at riverside are so much more romantic

If not, you might want to re-think WDW for a honeymoon. I didn't and I hear about it all the time.

If not, you might want to re-think WDW for a honeymoon. I didn't and I hear about it all the time.

I have been to Disney 10 times my family much more then that, it was my future DH that picked Disney as he has never been and always wanted to go. If I were not a Disney fan I would not be going to Disney for such an important vacation. I have stayed at POR/Dixie Landings if I can remember right 4 times the last time in 2002. It is my favorite resort I love the mansion section, the pool, every part of it. I have never stayed at FQ as I said in the original post but have always wanted to. Keep the replies coming should I stay with the original or should I change to FQ?

I would stick with POR. We've stayed at both and much prefer POR to POFQ. POR is much more romantic for your honeymoon!!!:thumbsup2

I have been to Disney 10 times my family much more then that, it was my future DH that picked Disney as he has never been and always wanted to go.

Then both of you will have a great time, and here's hoping you come back for each and every anniversary for the rest of your lives!

Then both of you will have a great time, and here's hoping you come back for each and every anniversary for the rest of your lives!

On our anniversary, on the future kids birthdays, on the special day that that one thing happened to celebrate it, heck when ever for what ever reason...:lmao: Having to wait a year is killing me, we used to go every other summer growing up and once I went to college my summers got busy so 2002 was a long time ago and it is killing me....I need DWA....Disney world anonymous:rotfl2:

Just some food for thought, FQ is picked up first since it only has one bus stop. Plus the hot tub is off by itself, so young kids rarely venture into it. It also has it's own bus stop in the evening at MK and Elliot Dyson plays at Scat Cats.

I have stayed at both and honeymooned at FQ. Both are nice. I chose FQ because I thought DH would like it better there. He isn't into the rustic feeling, although I love it.

At first blush, given the subject line, I didn't think this would be an appropriate forum for this question. :bitelip:

Here's our story... Before we got married, my DW had stayed at Dixie Landings and had wonderful fond memories of the place. Our original honeymoon plan was to go to Ireland but a year before our wedding, we went to WDW and stayed at POR at the Archadia mansion. We had a view of the river and thought the grounds were beautiful and the whole atmosphere was simply charming and romantic. We had so much fun on this trip we decided to come back for our honeymoon rather than Ireland because we are just a couple of old big kids who got the Disney magic. Perhaps that sounds goofy, WDW over Ireland, but hey...it was fun and romantic at the same time. Stayed in the same mansion on our honeymoon and it was everybit as good as the first stay. We finally did Ireland on our 5th anniversary. For our 6th?...going back to WDW but this time, staying at BC just because we wanted to try something different.

My family is there right now and they are staying at FQ and are loving it. I am going with the idea that because its our honeymoon we should try something that will be new for both of us. As I have said I always wanted to stay at the FQ and think that it will be every bit as romantic as Riverside and since they are connected I can still go over to use there pool as well and we can walk the grounds. I just got off the phone and have changed it....I hope I get building 5 my mom said they are right on the water and it is gorgeous. :hyper: I am so excited now and it is seriously going to be a long year of waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter