Need a camera that doesn’t record metadata

tcufrog

DIS Veteran
Next month we have the amazing opportunity to tour a major paleontology dig site. I can’t tell where because normally they don’t take visitors there and they don’t have the resources to accommodate a flood of requests.

The one requirement they have is that we bring a camera that doesn’t record metadata if we wish to take photos. We can’t strip the files later.

Any suggestions?

Wouldn't the only relevant metadata that they wouldn't want to get out be the GPS coordinates? I don't see why they'd have a problem with date, camera aperture and shutter settings, color profiles, etc. So I would think any camera without a GPS logger built in should meet their requirements...meaning NO phone cameras, and no wifi-type cameras that have GPS. Most cameras don't natively record GPS and should be fine. Here's a list of cameras that geo-tag, which would make these cameras on the NO-NO list...anything else should be OK:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cameras_which_provide_geotagging

Do they still make cameras that use film? I know that Polaroids are back and all the rage, but what about the 35mm, 110mm, that sort of thing?

Do they still make cameras that use film? I know that Polaroids are back and all the rage, but what about the 35mm, 110mm, that sort of thing?
Yes, the Nikon FM10 and F6 are still made. Or of course you can pick up even a used F5 for $200 in good condition. I have a small collection of them.

As @zackiedawg mentioned, the relevant metadata information for THEM would be the GPS coordinates of where the photo was taken. Since most cameras do not contain a GPS in them, most cameras should meet this requirement. Your phone is a different story, however, and not all all for the GPS coordinates be disabled. You might also be wary of any camera with WiFi built in as there may be phone apps that would allow you leverage the phone's GPS information when taking a photo via the WiFi connection to insert that into the metadata.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter